Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Premier League Games with Amazon Prime

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

Flashdan wrote: »
    I change my location to the UK as I have an address over there but my IP is still an Irish IP so it goes by that and doesn't work.

I only changed it in setting I didn't speak to anyone, I don't know if that makes a difference.

I tried that too mate and I have a vpn it didn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

After making some changes the Republic of Ireland banner is gone but the Premiership still doesn't show. I do have a Firestick and Prime never works on it but I can start a video on my phone and cast it to the Firestick. Just can't seem to get around Amazon helping me getting it to work on UK content, premiership specifically. I might try sending an email instead but often their replies are generic and unhelpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

I got them to change it there. Went to primevideo.com and it has a big "Change location" screen now, saying UK is my current location. What do I do here, to get past it?

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭fast_eddie

Try installing the Prime Video app on the Firestick.

The Prime Video app that is preinstalled on the Fire Stick doesn't facilitate use in Ireland.

I don't have it with me at the moment but there's one Prime Video app where the app icon has the word "Prime" sitting on top of the word "Video", and the other version has both words side by side.

visual aid:

"Prime
    Video" versus "Prime Video"

One works well for me, the other doesn't.

Cheers,
    Eddie

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Flashdan

UrbanFret wrote: »
    I tried that too mate and I have a vpn it didn't work.

Ah well, Lucky I have a reliable "other" site to watch games on :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Newgrange Warrior

Will this work with the free subscription to prime video with EIR?

Flashdan wrote: »
    Ah well, Lucky I have a reliable "other" site to watch games on :rolleyes:

Yes you can't beat those reliable other sites.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Flashdan

Will this work with the free subscription to prime video with EIR?

I don't think so as it shows as a purchase of prime outside of the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Boxcar_Willie

Just got mine sorted on chat . They sent me a link .
    Has to provide a UK address and register a UK card so just made a virtual Revolut one .
    Went back onto chat and they confirmed I'm now set up on UK region & good to go for the EPL .

• Registered Users Posts: 13,758 ✭✭✭✭JPA

I got changed to a UK account last night through the chat but no sign of the football on the firestick.

So I used PS4 prime app and it worked perfectly.

• Advertisement

Just got mine sorted on chat . They sent me a link .
    Has to provide a UK address and register a UK card so just made a virtual Revolut one .
    Went back onto chat and they confirmed I'm now set up on UK region & good to go for the EPL .

Any chance you could post this link or was it specific to you?
    On the revolut card did you give them ayour irish mobile to set it up.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Ok, so if I change my amazon prime to the UK, does that mean I cannot deliver stuff from amazon prime to Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Newgrange Warrior

No joy here. Tried with my Eir account, and chat gave me- 'Please subscribe to prime membership from UK and update an UK address in your account. Then we might get an option to change the video territory region from Ireland to UK'.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,227 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I didn't have to change anything, just used the .co.uk site :confused:

UrbanFret wrote: »
    Any chance you could post this link or was it specific to you?
    On the revolut card did you give them ayour irish mobile to set it up.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/amazonprime

I use my Irish mobile on Revolut , just created a virtual card .

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Ortiz

So I've just been on to chat and they updated my region to UK straight away but said that I have to physically be in the UK to watch the Prem later...

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Tall Keith

tried watching the city game last night no joy, just went on to chat there and asked them to change the region of my prime video account to the uk, 2 chats wouldnt do it, one said it was a different department and the other said they'd have to get someone to call me to go through it on the phone, i just said i wasn`t available...3rd times the charm, Vignesh changed it immediately no challenging questions asked, just told me to sign in and sign out, and that all the new video content would be available to me... worked a treat cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 AlanBerr

Just had an online chat. See the thread below. Not possible apparently.

Mohan : Please set Uk address and let me know.
    After that I"ll able to change the setting.
    Me: Please set Uk address? Where?
    Mohan : Your account add address.
    Me: 1A McKinney Road, , Newtownabbey, Co Antrim, BT36 4PE
    Added address to my account.
    Are we still connected?
    Mohan : Yes.
    Please give me a moment.
    I've checked, you can add your UK payment card in your account.
    Me: Added address, don't have UK payment card
    Mohan : Without UK payment card you can't able to access.
    Me: Are you sure that's correct? My colleague had a chat last night and he can access from Ireland with no UK payment card.
    Mohan : I've made some changes in your account setting, you can please restart your device and then you can able to access.
    Me: Still don't see option for Premier League games.
    Mohan : Could you restart your device?
    Me: I'm using my computer watching vis web browser and on my iPhone. I've logged out go both.
    Mohan : It seems that you can't able to access.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

anyone know how to verify if i have UK location working?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭kpn

Hi,

Just few minutes back I called amazon prime video support , I told them that i have a prime video and want to change the region to UK to access & watch UK videos, the person took a minute to change it and asked me to verify I can access the UK videos.
    When I log back into my amazon , I am able to add today's premier league match to my watch list. I couldn't watch the match from amazon prime yesterday, but it looks like its ok now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

AlanBerr wrote: »
    Just had an online chat. See the thread below. Not possible apparently.

Me: Are you sure that's correct? My colleague had a chat last night and he can access from Ireland with no UK payment card.

Can ppl on here not tell Amazon they're in Ireland when trying to switch? If this is pointed out enough times they might start paying attention and introduce proper geoblocks. I switched to UK content a good while back without any address/card changes but I never mentioned I was in Ireland when on the chat either!

• Site Banned Posts: 135 ✭✭Sloppy_Joe

Where is live chat on amazon.com???

EDIT: Found it

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭wallaby72

kpn wrote: »
    Hi,

Just few minutes back I called amazon prime video support , I told them that i have a prime video and want to change the region to UK to access & watch UK videos, the person took a minute to change it and asked me to verify I can access the UK videos.
    When I log back into my amazon , I am able to add today's premier league match to my watch list. I couldn't watch the match from amazon prime yesterday, but it looks like its ok now.

My experience a few minutes ago was the exact same. I did have my default address set to a UK address beforehand just in case that might be checked.

chat has told me it's not possible without UK payment card. Anyone get it without one?

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Sponsorgate

change your account region set to UK
    change your home & 1-click address set to your parcel motel one
    change your 1-click credit card set to Revolut with billing address as parcel motel.

You will also need to get on to amazon support to switch the region to UK at their end too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

I just got mine changed just there via live chat.

Conversation went like this.

0.jpg

Christ, if I knew it was this easy I would have changed it a year ago.:pac:

Dunno if it makes any difference but I had my main Prime address set to my UK AddressPal one before I got onto chat.

Sloppy_Joe wrote: »
    chat has told me it's not possible without UK payment card. Anyone get it without one?

Just get a virtual card on Revolut , it will work as a UK card .
    Also anyone told that they need to be physically in the UK just use a VPN .
    You can get a free trial on www.unlocator.com and very simple to setup .

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Tall Keith

Sloppy_Joe wrote: »

Keep trying new chats... i think there is a specific department thats able to change it... the 3rd chat i was in she transferred me... and he did it no questions

Not worth the effort for the handful of games they're showing. Back to the dodgy box.��

• Advertisement

I just got mine changed just there via live chat.

Conversation went like this.

0.jpg

Christ, if I knew it was this easy I would have changed it a year ago.:pac:

Dunno if it makes any difference but I had my main Prime address set to my UK AddressPal one before I got onto chat.

You had a UK card linked already?

Advertisement