Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Premier League Games with Amazon Prime

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭scotchy

scotchy wrote: »
    In work using a UK internet address, I Just changed my region with 1 click online, Hopefully will work at home later.:)

Tried buying a UK only film as a test. I need a UK credit/Debit card. Ive set up a revolut card, but wont be able to finalize set up till I get home.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭jamesd

I connected into chat and just said please move my acocunt to a UK account so I can watch the premier matches, they jusy replied "That is done now ,do you need anything else" and I logged out and in and have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

Sloppy_Joe wrote: »
    You had a UK card linked already?

No, just UK AddressPal address as my primary address. I don't have a UK Card.

• Site Banned Posts: 135 ✭✭Sloppy_Joe

jamesd wrote: »
    I connected into chat and just said please move my acocunt to a UK account so I can watch the premier matches, they jusy replied "That is done now ,do you need anything else" and I logged out and in and have them.

Do you have UK payment card linked?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Del007

change your account region set to UK
    change your home & 1-click address set to your parcel motel one
    change your 1-click credit card set to Revolut with billing address as parcel motel.

You will also need to get on to amazon support to switch the region to UK at their end too.

How do you put revolut as payment?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

I've just gone on to Amazon and:

Changed my default address to the Belfast Parcel Motel one
    Got onto chat and asked them to change my region to UK so I can access UK video content
    They transferred me to someone else
    The new person changed the setting and asked me to check it
    Went on to prime video and all the matches are now showing up
    Didn't need to restart anything

DublinCJM wrote: »

Got onto chat and asked them to change my region to UK so I can access UK video content

I have signed to prime trial for 30 days on Amazon.com

What do I do?

They told me I need UK card to watch UK content.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

jamesd wrote: »

I essentially copied and pasted your request(changed the spelling of account) and boom she changed it. To be fair though it works on Amazon.co.uk but on primevideo.com it asks me to update my location but won't accept the UK as it's already the UK.

She said that by changing it it means I cannot use primevideo because primevideo is only for non UK accounts. Makes sense

To be fair though when I open the Prime App on the phone where I can cast from it does show the Premiership matches.

You never know, when I get home my Firestick might actually work without casting as well :D

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭petejmk

DublinCJM wrote: »

Exactly the same process for me. All working now. Tried it earlier and was told no. Keep trying if you don't get it first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Got mine done too however handy that I had something delivered to uk address recently.

• Advertisement

Berty wrote: »
    I essentially copied and pasted your request(changed the spelling of account)

:D:D:D

Sloppy_Joe wrote: »
    I have signed to prime trial for 30 days on Amazon.com

What do I do?

They told me I need UK card to watch UK content.

Try again I guess?

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kenyard

Berty wrote: »
    I essentially copied and pasted your request(changed the spelling of account) and boom she changed it. To be fair though it works on Amazon.co.uk but on primevideo.com it asks me to update my location but won't accept the UK as it's already the UK.
    She said that by changing it it means I cannot use primevideo because primevideo is only for non UK accounts. Makes sense
    To be fair though when I open the Prime App on the phone where I can cast from it does show the Premiership matches.
    You never know, when I get home my Firestick might actually work without casting as well :D

id be worried about this. amazon allows you get the bbc player etc but the minute you try playing stuff it checks your ip.
    no idea will they geo restrict this based on IP, but my guess is they may have to as premier sports have the rights in Ireland to the 8.15pm liverpool/Everton game while amazon have the rights to UK.
    my guess is everyone will need a UK VPN here.

I might be trialling some IPTV. it may or may not contain NBCSN and Premier Sports 1 for the first half of the tottenham utd game and then the liverpool everton game after.
    havent set them up before so will see how it goes but testing today its very decent for stuff..
    if anyone knows some decent IPTV provider, let me know. checking an irish crowd today, but i was hoping for sub 10 euro/month...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Doomofman

Got them to change it for me there, guy in the chat did mention the IP not being a UK IP, but the games are showing in the Prime Video app for me now...

Will also say that, I just tried a couple of movies there that I'm sure aren't on the Irish version and they played without issue

• Registered Users Posts: 8,861 ✭✭✭Soarer

Vikings was always the test.
    It was available on the UK version, but not on the Irish one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Doomofman

Soarer wrote: »

Just tried it there to be sure and yeah working away...

Do we know if the games on Amazon are going to be 4K?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭Tony H

just got it changed using the amazon video chat link , he asked if i was in the uk ,i said i was in N Ireland , had parcel wizard address as default , he asked what device i was using ? i said amazon fire tv , he said no problem give him a minute and when he came back he asked me to check if it was working , i deregistered the fire tv and logged in again and im watching the hightlights of the city burnley at the moment , thanks to all the previous posters who made this possible .

I signed up for 30 day trial of prime on amazon.com

Will this work?

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Frank_1969

Doomofman wrote: »
    Just tried it there to be sure and yeah working away...

Do we know if the games on Amazon are going to be 4K?
    Man city game last night was 4k and HDR.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Soarer wrote: »

Ive got vikings but cant see where the live matches will be on Prime Video?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭bromley52

vicwatson wrote: »
    Ive got vikings but cant see where the live matches will be on Prime Video?

It should be splashed all over the home screen.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

They have changed me over to UK but cannot see the coverage at all?

bromley52 wrote: »
    It should be splashed all over the home screen.

Must mean I don't have it so (despite me changing my region to UK)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭showpony1

i didn't change and region just logged into amazon.co.uk and there is a bar across the top advertising premier league with a countdown timer to kick-off in the corner. does this mean i am good to go later or will i still have regional issues when try to watch later?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Sappy404

I just went to chat. The 1st guy told me I'd be better off speaking to the Prime Video department; got someone else on the chat straight away who told me he switched me to UK and would be able to watch UK content, so maybe people could ask for that specifically on chat. Time will tell if it works I guess.

NB I had a parcel motel address on the account set as the 1-click address per previous posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

showpony1 wrote: »
    i didn't change and region just logged into amazon.co.uk and there is a bar across the top advertising premier league with a countdown timer to kick-off in the corner. does this mean i am good to go later or will i still have regional issues when try to watch later?

Not necessarily, that banner was there all along. When you click on it, it brings up the teams and you click on them and you end up in a circle of clicking but you may see "not available in your country" so although you'll see the banner on Amazons site or your firestick you will not see the content or even the banner on Prime Video.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭showpony1

no joy so far with the guy in my chat - he said the region is determined by where i am etc.
    i tried a few different lines on him but no joy. The previous chat isn't deleting for me in order
    to allow me to try again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭FHFM50

I just got switched via live chat in a few seconds. Suppose it depends on who you're talking to.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Gerlad

Hello XXX

To change your current country settings:

1. Go to the Preferences tab in Manage Your Content and Devices (https://www.amazon.com/mycd).
    2. Click on Change under the Country Settings.
    3. Enter or select an existing international address, and select Update.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

We'd appreciate your feedback. Please use the buttons below to vote about your experience today.

Best regards,
    Ever Gay C.
    Amazon.com

• Advertisement

Gerlad wrote: »
    Hello XXX

To change your current country settings:

1. Go to the Preferences tab in Manage Your Content and Devices (https://www.amazon.com/mycd).
    2. Click on Change under the Country Settings.
    3. Enter or select an existing international address, and select Update.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

We'd appreciate your feedback. Please use the buttons below to vote about your experience today.

Best regards,
    Ever Gay C.
    Amazon.com

Doesn't work

Advertisement