Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular Opinions - OP Updated with Threadban List 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

biko wrote: »
    There should be an Olympics where athletes can take as many drugs as they want.
    Like **** it, let's see how high humans can really jump.

SRC

There is. It's called the Olympics.

They're all on something!

Well actually i take that back, the ones who win nothing - some of those might be clean, but the winners - i doubt there's a single one not taking something to give them an edge.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Midster

Raconteuse wrote: »
    It isn't an opinion - it's a fact. And people will give their counter views whether you like it or not.

You've a habit of skipping over things that are written in front of you. I did acknowledge that *SOME* women behave as he said. And that men do get a raw deal in a divorce. But he's applying it to all women. A definition of misogyny. Why am I not surprised he's getting defended though. :rolleyes:

And how the heck do you think a poster called Raconteuse (rather than Raconteur) with a female avatar is a man?

You are missing the point completely, all women, and when I mean all, I really do mean every single one of you, have these doors open to you if you choose to use them.

What options does the man have? What security? A man has to go through these times, and be stripped of everything familiar, legally forced out of the place he called home, not allowed to see his children until the woman he once adored tells him it’s ok, but in the meantime to keep paying money.
    To live in an unhomely place, hurt and mourning everything he has lost.
    And then have to be up beat and ok with it in front of her, to tell her it’s ok to do that.
    Because if he’s not, if he’s upset or angry at all he can then be arrested and perhaps put in jail, he might not go to jail, but he could easily be bared from seeing his children all together.

So he has to be ok.

If you do not see here how simply one sided the law is slanted in WOMENS favour in this situation, you are an id**t!!!

1) We cannot say anything to a woman that she might find, or it might be beneficial for her to find as sexist.
    2) We cannot say anything to a woman that she might find, or it might be beneficial for her to find as intimidating.
    3) We cannot touch a woman in a way that she might find, or it might find it beneficial for her to find as sexual.
    4) We cannot touch a woman in a way that she might find, or it might find it beneficial for her to find as intimidating.
    5) As it stands right now in a divorce situation, EVERYTHING is legally slanted against And away from the mens favour and towards the womens.

In actual fact, life is

• Registered Users Posts: 10,597 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

QRzzgeSg.jpg

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 301 ✭✭puppieperson1

White men are soo targeted in our present society and its getting worse even the new irish (of a better tan ) get more respect . If I was a white irish man i would just go beserk with an a k 47 just for stress relief alone.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 428 ✭✭blueshade

White men are soo targeted in our present society and its getting worse even the new irish (of a better tan ) get more respect . If I was a white irish man i would just go beserk with an a k 47 just for stress relief alone.....

White men are the only demographic that it's acceptable to criticise. Maybe you could say that you identify as better tanned? There was the case of a white guy in Britain who secured Arts funding by claiming to identify as black. Crazy world.I wonder if I claim to identify as a multimillionaire will someone give me a few million euro? I thought it was supposed to be all about equality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,597 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

This thread really belongs in the “Current Affairs” forum, although the title will need to be amended to “Popular Opinions” for there.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

Midster wrote: »
    You are missing the point completely, all women, and when I mean all, I really do mean every single one of you, have these doors open to you if you choose to use them.

What options does the man have? What security? A man has to go through these times, and be stripped of everything familiar, legally forced out of the place he called home, not allowed to see his children until the woman he once adored tells him it’s ok, but in the meantime to keep paying money.
    And then have to be up beat and ok with it in front of her, to tell her it’s ok to do that.
    Because if he’s not, if he’s upset or angry at all he can then be arrested and perhaps put in jail, he might not go to jail, but he could easily be bared from seeing his children all together.

So he has to be ok.

If you do not see here how simply one sided the law is slanted in WOMENS favour in this situation, you are an id**t!!!

1) We cannot say anything to a woman that she might find, or it might be beneficial for her to find as sexist.
    2) We cannot say anything to a woman that she might find, or it might be beneficial for her to find as intimidating.
    3) We cannot touch a woman in a way that she might find, or it might find it beneficial for her to find as sexual.
    4) We cannot touch a woman in a way that she might find, or it might find it beneficial for her to find as intimidating.
    5) As it stands right now in a divorce situation, EVERYTHING is legally slanted against And away from the mens favour and towards the womens.

In actual fact, life is

racontouse gets the hump because of your opinion on women, but has no problem when others have a negative opinion of all men, she wants to label you a misogynist, but has zero problem if a person is a misandrist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

Read you the first time Justin.
    Should have guessed you were a woman
    You shouldn't have guessed - you should have just known, seeing as my username is Raconteuse and my avatar is a picture of a woman.
    I defended his right to say it,whether I agree with it or not... or are you too dense to grasp that.
    And others have the right to say what they want in disagreement. Love the way you always go crying about people insulting you but grand for you to imply someone is dense because they post something you don't like. That guy's first rant was an attack on all women and you know it. Making me out to be unreasonable for having a problem with it is illogical. Do you make sneery comments about women to your wife? Incredible that you're married when we're so awful.
    A couple of pages back , the member tammy wrote how she hated all men....which is her right, but you did not lecture her for her misandrist comment, but whine now about misogyny.
    Talk about double standards.
    By the time I saw that ridiculous post, I then saw a follow-up post from her going on about how women are as bad - if not worse (despite the fact she's a woman) but you didn't mention I didn't say anything to her about that either. The two ludicrous posts cancelled each other out and she was obviously on a drunken ramble. Had she just left it at the anti men one though, I absolutely would have challenged her, because there are many males in my life whom I love and care for dearly.
    Midster wrote: »

So he has to be ok.

In actual fact, life is
    Completely changing the goalposts. Nearly everything you say above is correct. You've no grounds to imply I'm an idiot because I never said any of the above (apart from points 1 to 4) isn't true. I know it is. I only have brothers, no sisters, whom I adore, and thank the stars regularly that their wives are lovely people (but plenty of women are - this literally has to be spelled out to some of you lads here).

You weren't complaining about the system in your first post though - you were having a go at women in general, and said some right sh1t like we enjoy sex more and we withhold it. :rolleyes:

1 to 4 contain nonsense though - "we cannot". Waaaah we cannot say sexist or intimidating things, or touch women when they don't want to be touched. ****ing hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,086 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Trubridy is brilliant as the Late Late Toy Show host.

Trubridy is brilliant as the Late Late Toy Show host.

Really? I saw half an hour of it last night and during that time there was a young lad telling the world about how he plays Sylvanian families with his granny and how they make jigsaw puzzles of themselves. Then there was the young girl who dresses like a boy, not sure what that's about, who was talking about being bullied. What I saw was 2 kids who are going to get 7 shades kicked out of them at school before Christmas by their schoolmates.

Then there's the whole extremely irresponsible issue of letting an 8 year old child like Sophie on TV on the whole trans issue. Now don't get me wrong, I feel huge sympathy for her but what happens if she decides that she's not trans? 8 year olds shouldn't have any idea about gender issues let alone be on national television talking about identifying as a different gender to the one the were born with.

• Advertisement

blueshade wrote: »
    Really? I saw half an hour of it last night and during that time there was a young lad telling the world about how he plays Sylvanian families with his granny and how they make jigsaw puzzles of themselves. Then there was the young girl who dresses like a boy, not sure what that's about, who was talking about being bullied. What I saw was 2 kids who are going to get 7 shades kicked out of them at school before Christmas by their schoolmates.

Then there's the whole extremely irresponsible issue of letting an 8 year old child like Sophie on TV on the whole trans issue. Now don't get me wrong, I feel huge sympathy for her but what happens if she decides that she's not trans? 8 year olds shouldn't have any idea about gender issues let alone be on national television talking about identifying as a different gender to the one the were born with.

So your gripe is with the content of the show rather than how Tubridy performed ?

So your gripe is with the content of the show rather than how Tubridy performed ?

I don't have a gripe. The content of the show is decided by Tubridy, from what I've seen on the Toy Show thread it appears that this years show was basically a woke fest of kids with sob stories and very little to do with toys. I didn't watch more than 30 minutes maximum and I wasn't impressed. I kind of pity kids watching it over the last few years, it's not a toy show it's basically Ireland's got Talent for kids with a few toys thrown in. Transgender Barbie, amputee Barbie, an 8 year old transgender child, give me a fooking break. He didn't host a Toy Show.

Raconteuse wrote: »
    Read you the first time Justin.

You shouldn't have guessed - you should have just known, seeing as my username is Raconteuse and my avatar is a picture of a woman.

And others have the right to say what they want in disagreement. Love the way you always go crying about people insulting you but grand for you to imply someone is dense because they post something you don't like. That guy's first rant was an attack on all women and you know it. Making me out to be unreasonable for having a problem with it is illogical. Do you make sneery comments about women to your wife? Incredible that you're married when we're so awful.

By the time I saw that ridiculous post, I then saw a follow-up post from her going on about how women are as bad - if not worse (despite the fact she's a woman) but you didn't mention I didn't say anything to her about that either. The two ludicrous posts cancelled each other out and she was obviously on a drunken ramble. Had she just left it at the anti men one though, I absolutely would have challenged her, because there are many males in my life whom I love and care for dearly.

Completely changing the goalposts. Nearly everything you say above is correct. You've no grounds to imply I'm an idiot because I never said any of the above (apart from points 1 to 4) isn't true. I know it is. I only have brothers, no sisters, whom I adore, and thank the stars regularly that their wives are lovely people (but plenty of women are - this literally has to be spelled out to some of you lads here).

You weren't complaining about the system in your first post though - you were having a go at women in general, and said some right sh1t like we enjoy sex more and we withhold it. :rolleyes:

1 to 4 contain nonsense though - "we cannot". Waaaah we cannot say sexist or intimidating things, or touch women when they don't want to be touched. ****ing hell.

jesus, you still crying over someones unpopular opinion....get over yourself.
    If he is a misogynist, so what.
    If tammy is a misandrist, ...again so what.

If you dont like their posts dont read them or ignore them.

I don't have a gripe. The content of the show is decided by Tubridy, from what I've seen on the Toy Show thread it appears that this years show was basically a woke fest of kids with sob stories and very little to do with toys. I didn't watch more than 30 minutes maximum and I wasn't impressed. I kind of pity kids watching it over the last few years, it's not a toy show it's basically Ireland's got Talent for kids with a few toys thrown in. Transgender Barbie, amputee Barbie, an 8 year old transgender child, give me a fooking break. He didn't host a Toy Show.

Well based on the content of your last two posts here you do seem to have a gripe.

My kids watched it, as they have done every year.
    They loved it, so they at least don't need your pity, but thanks anyway.

Well based on the content of your last two posts here you do seem to have a gripe.

My kids watched it, as they have done every year.
    They loved it, so they at least don't need your pity, but thanks anyway.

You came to the Unpopular Opinions thread to post a complimentary opinion of Turbridy's hosting to the Toy Show because you know that his style of hosting is very unpopular, you then accuse me of having a gripe, then you say your kids don't need my pity, well there's some that might disagree with you.....

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭no.8

blueshade wrote:
    You came to the Unpopular Opinions thread to post a complimentary opinion of Turbridy's hosting to the Toy Show because you know that his style of hosting is very unpopular, you then accuse me of having a gripe, then you say your kids don't need my pity, well there's some that might disagree with you.....

Misery

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭The chan chan man

I think Margaret Cash is a little ride

:eek:

Trocaire and their sort are a Christian charity as far as I'm aware, so it's confusing to be bombarded by them with appeals for money for Muslims. Why are they so focused on a people who don't share their religion? Why have Christmas appeals for people who don't acknowledge Christmas? Are there no Christians living in poverty in this country or in war zones? I'm no Christian, just a bit fooked off with this country sending over 800K in Foreign Aid and heading for 80 DP centres and being asked to put my hand in my pocket to give more.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,111 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Irish people (and its generally men from experience) still holding a grudge against England are idiots. Irish have done a lot more damage to English life over the last 50 odd years than they ever done to us. From experience they love the Irish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

She'd get pregnant if you walked past her.

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    She'd get pregnant if you walked past her.

its ok, the state will pay for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

Irish have done a lot more damage to English life over the last 50 odd years than they ever done to us.
    I dunno about that.

Former boards prisoners might'nt appreciate: The Prison Forum actually contains more Humour being comical to read than the actual Humour forum here on boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 40,276 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Former boards prisoners might'nt appreciate: The Prison Forum actually contains more Humour being comical to read than the actual Humour forum here on boards.ie

Unfortunately it is nowhere near as funny as it was in the past. The mods were told to tone down their responses.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

just a bit fooked off with this country sending over 800K in Foreign Aid
    Maybe it's a typo B, but it's over 650 million per year in direct foreign aid. Now I'm in two minds about that, mostly down to who gets the aid and if it's getting to the people that actually need it, but yep, I'd be of a similar mind as far as being constantly asked to put our hands in our pockets on top of that.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,276 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Wibbs wrote: »
    Maybe it's a typo B, but it's over 650 million per year in direct foreign aid. Now I'm in two minds about that, mostly down to who gets the aid and if it's getting to the people that actually need it, but yep, I'd be of a similar mind as far as being constantly asked to put our hands in our pockets on top of that.

It is more than that. 743M in 2017.

It is more than that. 743M in 2017.

Leo also wants it to be a billion a year, apparently according to him 'we' aren't 'generous' enough. Being a 'wealthy' country and all. Funny enough when I see queues outside the local food bank and hear of Irish people living in Family Hubs because they've got nowhere else to go it makes me want to give FFFG a swift boot up the arse. A lot of people in this country are living paycheck to paycheck and smug bastards saying they should get better jobs is offensive. We can't afford this crap and Leo and Simon shouldn't be allowed to damage this country in order to make their CV'S more appealing to Brussels.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Leo also wants it to be a billion a year, apparently according to him 'we' aren't 'generous' enough. Being a 'wealthy' country and all. Funny enough when I see queues outside the local food bank and hear of Irish people living in Family Hubs because they've got nowhere else to go it makes me want to give FFFG a swift boot up the arse. A lot of people in this country are living paycheck to paycheck and smug bastards saying they should get better jobs is offensive. We can't afford this crap and Leo and Simon shouldn't be allowed to damage this country in order to make their CV'S more appealing to Brussels.

There should be no doubt that Ireland is one of the wealthiest countries on earth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Irish people (and its generally men from experience) still holding a grudge against England are idiots. Irish have done a lot more damage to English life over the last 50 odd years than they ever done to us. From experience they love the Irish

I don't think we ever had a hand in over 4,000,000 English either starving to death or having to leave their shores or starve to death. Granted, it was a while ago but hey ho, that happened.

Advertisement