Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular Opinions - OP Updated with Threadban List 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭MayoAreMagic

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    Just last week I saw three people using their phones while driving in one day. One of them was an ambulance driver pulling up at a traffic light. The lights weren't flashing so he wasn't on an emergency call. He had the phone up to his ear so was obviously just on a bog standard personal call. You'd think someone in that profession would have a bit more cop on!

I drove from one side of galway city to the other in traffic. I counted 13 people on phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭ruwithme

Dublin should not be allowed play in the all ireland senior football championship for the next 16 years. (16 years as by then the current panel will be well old)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭MayoAreMagic

ruwithme wrote: »
    Dublin should not be allowed play in the all ireland senior football championship for the next 16 years. (16 years as by then the current panel will be well old)

Dont think that is really fair either. Plus when they come back they would be 16 years further ahead...
    The option of splitting them into 2 teams is the one. It is the silver bullet solution to the entire issue, and is also the fairest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭randomspud

I drove from one side of galway city to the other in traffic. I counted 13 people on phones.

I commute to work in a city from a fairly rural area and most days i legitimately encounter every third person with their phone up to their ear.

The Gardai just aren't a thing here. I could drive into work every day scuttered out of my mind because i've never once met a checkpoint in the decade plus i've been living here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

randomspud wrote: »
    The punishment for being caught using your mobile while driving should be the Garda that stops you smashing your phone to pieces on the ground on the spot.

The amount of times a day i see dozy ***** swerving all over the road because they think "driving=phone time" is shocking.

Better yet, instead of taking the phone, take their car :D

• Advertisement

The driving with your phone thing is at epidemic levels where I live in Vietnam. Everyone seems to be using them while driving their scooters. It's like they break all the rules anyway when it comes to lights or driving on the wrong side of the road or on the footpath, and now do all this while on Facebook.

It's just objectively hard to ride a bike properly with one hand while not looking at the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Tammy!

Hate men! All men! Every single last one of them :D :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Tammy! wrote: »
    You, alright Honey .

blinding wrote: »
    You, alright Honey .

No!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Stand by your man tammywhine.net

Younger folk won't get that.

• Advertisement

Women are just as much ***** as men, sometimes worse as they tend be snakes,... they tend to have an easy way of filtering themselves in the background!

In general, most people are cowards and don't stand by their own beliefs!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 82,015 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

ruwithme wrote: »

Non Dubs with this opinion should be expelled to Rockall :D

Women are just as much ***** as men, sometimes worse as they tend be snakes,... they tend to have an easy way of filtering themselves in the background!

In general, most people are cowards and don't stand by their own beliefs!!!

Sounds like you're having a bad day.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

No!!
    Ah , you’re lovely .

• Registered Users Posts: 16,895 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Water should only come with ice if, specifically, asked for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Water should only come with ice if, specifically, asked for.
    Or fruit. I can't stand fruit flavoured water. I don't want any lemon or orange floating in it thanks.

Sounds like you're having a bad day.

Not at all :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 428 ✭✭blueshade

I commute to work in a city from a fairly rural area and most days i legitimately encounter every third person with their phone up to their ear.

The Gardai just aren't a thing here. I could drive into work every day scuttered out of my mind because i've never once met a checkpoint in the decade plus i've been living here.

I don't use pedestrian crossings anymore because there have been so many times that people on their phones either don't see me because they're distracted so keep on driving without even slowing down.

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Don't let it upset you. Most things tend to go full circle given enough time. Rte are a dying breed anyway. The generation that listens to them are pushing on.

I've just been watching the 6.01 news and having been forced to report on it unwililngly since every paper in the country has reported it, they decided to mention the story of the illegal migrants doing a runner from DP. They described it as ''having left the Direct Provision System''. That was bad enough but when the other story they highlighted of Government Departments being in talks with the Defence Dept about using their land to build housing for Asylum seekers that seriously pissed me off.

The families of serving military personnel have been treated like dirt for a very long time and often housed in some of the roughest inner city sink estates to boot. We've Irish families living in hotel rooms and these coonts want to use military bases to build housing for the fookers who will never be kicked out no matter how many appeals they fail. They mentioned nothing about the flight into Baldonnel the other day carrying 170 people from Beirut who were then bussed to DP.

Texting while driving is, to my mind, noticeably more dangerous than drink driving.

I use buses a lot, yeah I know, have a good laugh. The thing is they are almost always on the phone for the entire journey. Some have the phone in their hand some have the earpiece either way it's entirely unsafe but there's obviously a culture of turning a blind eye to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

At the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark the US authorities were completely right to put the Ark in a storage facility, where nobody could use it. Indy's protests that it should be given to academics like him & Brody to research it is insane - his track record would suggest he's not exactly a safe pair of hands.

With the Nazi threat looming the last thing you want floating around in public is a weapon of mass destruction, especially one they already desire. Also, knowing its power, how would the US government have resisted using it to end WW2 - no need for an A-bomb if you have an Ark-bomb, having no control over its power doesn't seem to be enough of a deterrent not to use it.

TLDR: Indy was a moron and the suits were the all-American heroes!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Many doctors haven't a fcuking clue

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    Many doctors haven't a fcuking clue

If you don't drink much, don't smoke and aren't overweight they often don't have a clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,072 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I also add Nurses. Many are terrific but High Minority are quite average at best and some are hopeless and rude

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

I also add Nurses. Many are terrific but High Minority are quite average at best and some are hopeless and rude

Only in other countries, All nurses in this country are angels and should be on 200 k per annum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Sorry about that

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    Only in other countries, All nurses in this country are angels and should be on 200 k per annum

Says who?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭HorrorScope

Climate change/crisis views or opinions are a perfect red flag identifier for the type of people you want to avoid.

There are only 2 genders.

Cyclists should not be allowed on main roads with vehicular traffic.

Traveller “culture” should be eliminated and the remnants forced to integrate in to society.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Most athletes are on some form of PED.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭randomspud

I have a few friends that are nurses.

Each and every one of them believes in some combination of healing crystals/the power of JEESUS!/random Facebook quackery.

I'm ****ing terrified to end up with these lunatics providing me with medical care.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

I have a few friends that are nurses.

Each and every one of them believes in some combination of healing crystals/the power of JEESUS!/random Facebook quackery.

I'm ****ing terrified to end up with these lunatics providing me with medical care.

most are arrogant and only perk up when a doctor enters the room as id their dream is to marry a doctor,

The hippocratic oath seems lost on the majority of them.

Advertisement