Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular Opinions - OP Updated with Threadban List 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Your Face wrote: »
    Most athletes are on some form of PED.
    Certainly the good ones . :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭smilerf

This has nothing to do with race but from my experience
    Care assistants in hospital are mostly made up of Irish Filipino and Africans..

Irish and Filipino in my experience are fantastic but Africans couldn't give 2 ****s

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭smilerf

Memes are idiotic things created and liked by idiotic people

smilerf wrote: »
    Memes are idiotic things created and liked by idiotic people

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRB4RCM6JuCk_ryrd3tPWWv_RpO7WtrUUp9IxcnQCNyas7Xagqy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mr_fegelien

smilerf wrote: »
    This has nothing to do with race but from my experience
    Care assistants in hospital are mostly made up of Irish Filipino and Africans..

Irish and Filipino in my experience are fantastic but Africans couldn't give 2 ****s

To be honest, I was in Beaumont hospital and there was a male afican nurse coming into my room to give me a wash. He thought I was the wrong patient.

Jesus Christ, he was ****ing ugly. I'm bisexual but I wouldn't let him near me with a 10 foot pole.

I've noticed that when it comes to male patients, hospitals get the ugliest looking nurses as if to make it an unpleasant experience for the patient

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Shady Grady

To be honest, I was in Beaumont hospital and there was a male afican nurse coming into my room to give me a wash. He thought I was the wrong patient.

Jesus Christ, he was ****ing ugly. I'm bisexual but I wouldn't let him near me with a 10 foot pole.

I've noticed that when it comes to male patients, hospitals get the ugliest looking nurses as if to make it an unpleasant experience for the patient

You tend to talk a lot out of your ass.Grow the **** up or shut up.

You tend to talk a lot out of your ass.Grow the **** up or shut up.

What do you mean grow the **** up? Bit rude eh?

Your parents are white Africans I take it? And you have never lived there? Or are you Arab?

Your parents are white Africans I take it? And you have never lived there? Or are you Arab?

Black Africans. They lived in Tanzania up until 2005-06 when we came to the States and then moved to Ireland in 2009.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,601 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Black Africans. They lived in Tanzania up until 2005-06 when we came to the States and then moved to Ireland in 2009.

I think they prefer to be called “Sub Saharan” African.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Advertisement

I think they prefer to be called “Sub Saharan” African.

You know his parents? Small world.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Midster

Who would have thought, the female half of our species, who lets face it, gets the most amount of enjoyment from sex, would be the ones to hold back.

Women have also screamed and protested for equality in every measure for years, sometimes abstaining from sex in a bid to force there male partners to agree with them (which inevitably in the end they do,) and have made mostly every form of detrimental remark and act towards themselves from the males thought of in general as being un ethical or in some cases illegal. And yet they often talk about men between themselves as being children, or more trouble than we are worth.

Women have also made possible, that by law regardless of who divorces who in a marriage, it is them who will legally get to keep the family home, forcing the man to move out in a hurry with sometimes extremely limited funds to live out his days in some dismal rented accommodation. And while he tries to get his life back together, missing his children, and mourning the failed marriage to someone he once adored, she would be only partially missing him, while having friends round to cheer her up, while drinking a nice bottle of wine and talking about how removing even more of his manhood (any other assets he might have had or bought before meeting her) will make it all worth while and ease the pain.

This does not feel like equality to us.

Midster wrote: »
    Who would have thought, the female half of our species, who lets face it, gets the most amount of enjoyment from sex, would be the ones to hold back.

Women have also screamed and protested for equality in every measure for years, sometimes abstaining from sex in a bid to force there male partners to agree with them (which inevitably in the end they do,) and have made mostly every form of detrimental remark and act towards themselves from the males thought of in general as being un ethical or in some cases illegal. And yet they often talk about men between themselves as being children, or more trouble than we are worth.

Women have also made possible, that by law regardless of who divorces who in a marriage, it is them who will legally get to keep the family home, forcing the man to move out in a hurry with sometimes extremely limited funds to live out his days in some dismal rented accommodation. And while he tries to get his life back together, missing his children, and mourning the failed marriage to someone he once adored, she would be only partially missing him, while having friends round to cheer her up, while drinking a nice bottle of wine and talking about how removing even more of his manhood (any other assets he might have had or bought before meeting her) will make it all worth while and ease the pain.

Sorry, but what’s your “opinion” here?

And who, exactly, is “us”?

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 33,180 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

As a parent with 3 kids under 10, the Late Late Toy Show is

1) on too early, it's November ffs and apparently they have to have the Xmas tree up for the show, so we now have to be like all the a$sholes with their trees up in November.
    Why could it not be on next Friday? At least it would be December.

2) on too late in terms on time. Starting at 9:35 ffs. My kids are usually sleeping by that time.

I know, I know it's a special night and all that. I get it. But it goes on til after 1130 and my kids will be like a bag of cats for days after this, like last year as they try to recover from the lack of sleep.

Could rte not start it at 830? Just for the toy show?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭katiek102010

NIMAN wrote: »
    As a parent with 3 kids under 10, the Late Late Toy Show is

1) on too early, it's November ffs and apparently they have to have the Xmas tree up for the show, so we now have to be like all the a$sholes with their trees up in November.
    Why could it not be on next Friday? At least it would be December.

2) on too late in terms on time. Starting at 9:35 ffs. My kids are usually sleeping by that time.

I know, I know it's a special night and all that. I get it. But it goes on til after 1130 and my kids will be like a bag of cats for days after this, like last year as they try to recover from the lack of sleep.

Could rte not start it at 830? Just for the toy show?

I somehow don't think this is an unpopular opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Midster

Sorry, but what’s your “opinion” here?

And who, exactly, is “us”?

Did I not make it clear enough

Did I not make it clear enough

No. Not at all.

A weird, rambling, “incel” rant that didn’t form any real point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

This is one of the most misogynistic things I've ever read here. I'm sure I read the OP say that he has daughters - will he be as derogatory towards them when they become women? :rolleyes:

I'd be disturbed if my father had that attitude towards my entire sex.

On what are you basing the claim that women enjoy sex more than men do? Penetrative sex can actually be sore for some women.

And you literally said the female half of the population withhold sex.

"have made mostly every form of detrimental remark and act towards themselves from the males thought of in general as being un ethical or in some cases illegal" - I think this means women (just women, no specifics :rolleyes:) have all conspired to make any negative comments about women from men unethical or illegal. Not just tripe but terribly written tripe too.

Now the deal faced by some men after a divorce is crappy and deserves examination but "And while he tries to get his life back together, missing his children, and mourning the failed marriage to someone he once adored, she would be only partially missing him, while having friends round to cheer her up, while drinking a nice bottle of wine and talking about how removing even more of his manhood (any other assets he might have had or bought before meeting her) will make it all worth while and ease the pain" - literally one specific scenario, that might even be imagined, presented as what happens as standard.

You'd understandably object to a woman claiming the minority of badly behaved men are just men in general, yet you do the same thing yourself regarding women.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Shady Grady

Just as it reads and yeah it's rude but I stand by it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

My unpopular opinion is midster is dead right. And how is it misogynist. It sounds more personal to me

• Advertisement

cjmc wrote: »
    My unpopular opinion is midster is dead right. And how is it misogynist. It sounds more personal to me
    Because he applies it to women in general obviously. He makes us out as an entire sex to be awful - and even makes up lies. Not seeing it as misogynistic is incredible. And thinking it's dead right despite being full of fallacious drivel is just stupid.

What he says (well the truthful bits) is the case for some women of course, but he blames women across the board.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

Raconteuse wrote: »
    Because he applies it to women in general obviously. He makes us out as an entire sex to be awful - and even makes up lies. Not seeing it as misogynistic is incredible. And thinking it's dead right despite being full of fallacious drivel is just stupid.

What he says (well the truthful bits) is the case for some women of course, but he blames women across the board.

so what if its misogynistic in your opinion......thats his opinion which he is entitled to.
    it might be unpopular, hence why its in this threads.

If you dont see some truths in his post you are either feminized, a cuck, or simply pretending to be offended for all women which in itself is ridiculous because women are well able to defend themselves and dont need men fighting their battles for them.

so what if its misogynistic in your opinion......thats his opinion which he is entitled to.
    it might be unpopular, hence why its in this threads.
    It isn't an opinion - it's a fact. And people will give their counter views whether you like it or not.
    If you dont see some truths in his post you are either feminized, a cuck, or simply pretending to be offended for all women which in itself is ridiculous because women are well able to defend themselves and dont need men fighting their battles for them.
    You've a habit of skipping over things that are written in front of you. I did acknowledge that *SOME* women behave as he said. And that men do get a raw deal in a divorce. But he's applying it to all women. A definition of misogyny. Why am I not surprised he's getting defended though. :rolleyes:

And how the heck do you think a poster called Raconteuse (rather than Raconteur) with a female avatar is a man?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

It isn't an opinion - it's a fact. And people will give their counter views whether you like it or not.

You've a habit of skipping over things that are written in front of you. I did acknowledge that *SOME* women behave as he said. And that men do get a raw deal in a divorce. But he's applying it to all women. A definition of misogyny. Why am I not surprised he's getting defended though. :rolleyes:

And how the heck do you think a poster called Raconteuse (rather than Raconteur) with a female avatar is a man?

Should have guessed you were a woman, with all your crying.
    oh wait...is that misogynistic as well ?
    I defended his right to say it,whether I agree with it or not... or are you too dense to grasp that.

A couple of pages back , the member tammy wrote how she hated all men....which is her right, but you did not lecture her for her misandrist comment, but whine now about misogyny.
    Talk about double standards.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 428 ✭✭blueshade

This is one of the most misogynistic things I've ever read here. I'm sure I read the OP say that he has daughters - will he be as derogatory towards them when they become women? :rolleyes:

I'd be disturbed if my father had that attitude towards my entire sex.

On what are you basing the claim that women enjoy sex more than men do? Penetrative sex can actually be sore for some women.

And you literally said the female half of the population withhold sex.

"have made mostly every form of detrimental remark and act towards themselves from the males thought of in general as being un ethical or in some cases illegal" - I think this means women (just women, no specifics :rolleyes:) have all conspired to make any negative comments about women from men unethical or illegal. Not just tripe but terribly written tripe too.

Now the deal faced by some men after a divorce is crappy and deserves examination but "And while he tries to get his life back together, missing his children, and mourning the failed marriage to someone he once adored, she would be only partially missing him, while having friends round to cheer her up, while drinking a nice bottle of wine and talking about how removing even more of his manhood (any other assets he might have had or bought before meeting her) will make it all worth while and ease the pain" - literally one specific scenario, that might even be imagined, presented as what happens as standard.

You'd understandably object to a woman claiming the minority of badly behaved men are just men in general, yet you do the same thing yourself regarding women.

He has made some valid points. I don't think it was aimed at all women, just an observation on some women. Unless there's abuse or risk to the children then both parents should have equal rights and access to their children, which isn't currently the case. A lot of women do use their kids as weapons in a failed relationship. Nobody bats an eyelid if a woman with no children wants money in a divorce but if a man tried to do the same it would be viewed negatively. Both sexes have differences and similarities, there's no need to take things so literally. People are so easily offended and it must be exhausting.

There's a shocking number of ''man children'' going missing lately. Another one in the Independent today missing from the Drogheda area, so vanished from DP in Mosney then. Wonder if he was one of the ''juveniles'' that arrived on the ferry last week? There's a regular stream of asylum seekers walking out of DP and vanishing and the Gardai should stop trying to pretend that they are missing children. They're walking out of DP and walking out of foster care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭randomspud

People other than children being excited about the Late Late Toy Show is weird.

Also, you lose any right to complain about high wages at RTE if you watch it because you are justifying that gimp Tubridys pay.

randomspud wrote: »
    People other than children being excited about the Late Late Toy Show is weird.

Also, you lose any right to complain about high wages at RTE if you watch it because you are justifying that gimp Tubridys pay.

There's probably quite a few watching it hoping for the big wad of cash and the all expenses paid holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

There should be an Olympics where athletes can take as many drugs as they want.
    Like **** it, let's see how high humans can really jump.

SRC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,949 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

biko wrote:
    There should be an Olympics where athletes can take as many drugs as they want. Like **** it, let's see how high humans can really jump.

The weed only events would be interesting

Advertisement