Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lisa Smith home.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

That’s why I was suggesting you can’t take their word alone; a degree of evidence should be a requirement.

But with the alternative system suggested you would removed the need for judes and solicitors. You streamline the whole thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

tuxy wrote: »
    But with the alternative system suggested you would removed the need for judes and solicitors. You streamline the whole thing.
    In a ideal World, yes, it would work. But in this World it would open up the possibility of horrific abuse if someone’s word alone was the sole requirement.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,031 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Ireland has now set a potentially dangerous precedent by this move, other countries will now be told to take back a lot of radicalized Isis scum, which will reintroduce these dangerous people back into society to strike out again. Honestly they should all have been left there to face justice from the locals who the hurt, persecuted and killed.

It was very convenient for her to dismiss her citizenship when it suited to enable (if proven not participated) in Isis agenda and now they were put down hard wishes to come back.

ireland has set no precedent as countries were always going to be forced to take back their isis members, and they have been forced to do so for a while now and have been taking some of them back.
    it would not have been possible to leave them in syria as the syrians and other groups there do not want them and want them repatriated, turkey is deporting them and trump is threatening to drop isis fighters back to their countries of origin if they refuse to take their isis fighters back, and quite rightly so.
    smith dismissing her citizenship for a terrorist group is ultimately irrelevant, her citizenship still remains and is the only legal citizenship. one cannot be a citizen of a terrorist group, but of a state, which islamic state is not.
    I doubt she will, but in a decent country she would be locked up forever or face the death penalty.

no she would just be locked up for a very long time, but only if she has committed an offence.
    so is she willing to leave all her muslim isis crap behind and don normal clothes and adhere to our laws?

she won't be donning "normal" clothes as quite rightly there is no requirement for her to do so.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭dennispenn

bubblypop wrote: »
    Banning a religion?
    Do you think there is any benefit to that?

If only Islam were just a religion.

dennispenn wrote: »
    If only Islam were just a religion.

It is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

Ally Dick wrote: »
    If you were in Dundrum Shopping Centre, and Lisa Smith walked past wearing a rucksack, how would you react?

Dundrum and Sandyford are full of ninjas, as my Malaysian moderate Muslim friend terms them. Doubt if I would even notice. The only unusual thing would be the wearing of the rucksack, typically the ninjas don't carry rucksacks but shopping bags and have two or three infants in tow, sometimes with the husband present, sometimes not.

Reports in the paper now about how terrified people were on that flight earlier today.
    She was locking eyes with people to scare them through her burka even though you can't see the eyes with a burka.
    She sat out the whole flight without even going to the loo.
    Scary stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,385 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Reports in the paper now about how terrified people were on that flight earlier today.
    She was locking eyes with people to scare them through her burka even though you can't see the eyes with a burka.

Was this the Mirror or the Star, cannot see their eyes thru a burka - really? Never seen a picture of her in full outfit

fritzelly wrote: »
    Was this the Mirror or the Star, cannot see their eyes thru a burka - really?

The Mirror of course.

this is a burka and people could see her eyes glowing right through it.

nintchdbpict000295002975.jpg?w=620

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

Scary stuff.

I heard that under her burka she has the 666 sign written on her head, and that's like the mark of the beast.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

The Mirror of course.

this is a burka and people could see her eyes glowing right through it.

nintchdbpict000295002975.jpg?w=620

Not sure why but theres something about that picture I find very eerie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

I just hope she didn’t radicalise other people on that plane.

I hope authorities are monitoring all people on that plane and counting how many buggy’s they leave at bus stops.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭satguy

They should have left her to rot in that camp.
    That child is not Irish, it's father was from Holland, so the kid is Dutch.

And all that "I was just a housewife",, is cow poo..

satguy wrote: »

Are you saying this was a legal marriage? Are you sure?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

PsychoPete wrote: »

It's like the ghost of Xmas yet to come in Muppets Xmas Carol

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Notdeco

satguy wrote: »

The child has an Irish mother. I'm sure your post is sarcasm. At least I hope...(ah, I get it now.)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭screamer

The family took the kid in, I doubt they'd have done that with some degree of certainty to who it is.

Dunno... without some sort of DNA test I’d believe nothing especially given the circumstances. It was a war zone after all, I’m sure plenty of kids were orphaned through the actions of the IS fighters.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,385 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

screamer wrote: »
    Dunno... without some sort of DNA test I’d believe nothing especially given the circumstances. It was a war zone after all, I’m sure plenty of kids were orphaned through the actions of the IS fighters.

If they did and it wasn't hers im sure ireland would have no problem welcoming her anyways
    I kinda half believe it isn't hers and used as an excuse for the sob story to be allowed back

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

PsychoPete wrote: »

Because that shït shouldn’t be acceptable here.

• Advertisement

Because that shït shouldn’t be acceptable here.

I actually haven't seen someone wearing a burka in Ireland yet. But by all reports in the Mirror that's what Lisa was wearing on the flight over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I actually haven't seen someone wearing a burka in Ireland yet.
    You need to get out more often!

You need to get out more often!

Been out in Rathcabbin every day for the last six months......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

Scary stuff.
    lol
    It's crazy at this stage,.the fake news in this story is escalating at an astounding rate,.some great examples littered all the way through this thread.

BDI wrote: »
    I just hope she didn’t radicalise other people on that plane.

I hope authorities are monitoring all people on that plane and counting how many buggy’s they leave at bus stops.

Just send them to the interment camp too. Better safe than sorry.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

youre being pedantic here but yes I would also like to intern people who are members of the IRA.

Do yourself a favour and study the history of internment in this country before you spout such absolute nonsense.

If someone on the left proposed imprisonment with trial you’d be outraged, and rightly so. You’d trust the government with this power, even when you do nothing but criticise how they implement current laws.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Andrew00 wrote: »
    Seeing people say "Give Lisa and her family some privacy" and "leave her alone"

My Godness what is wrong with this nation.

If this case was in England the people would be out on the streets protesting. But as always in this country we let the government do what they want

Honestly, you should probably move to England if that’s what you’re into. The country is a basket case right now.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

Andrew00 wrote: »
    If this case was in England the people would be out on the streets protesting. But as always in this country we let the government do what they want

Ehh, you do realise that there was a terrorist attack carried out in England only a few days ago by a man they left out of prison. Yet there was no street protesting. Think you need a bit of perspective here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭Lillyfae

Notdeco wrote: »
    The child has an Irish mother. I'm sure your post is sarcasm. At least I hope...(ah, I get it now.)

My child has an Irish mother but isn't Irish....

• Advertisement

Ehh, you do realise that there was a terrorist attack carried out in England only a few days ago by a man they left out of prison. Yet there was no street protesting. Think you need a bit of perspective here.

It’s the “grass is always greener” mindset.

How many times have people on this thread opined that this would have been dealt with differently outside Ireland. When really, Ireland is dealing with it the same way as everyone else.

There is no country locking these people up without trial, that I know of.

I’d suggest Ireland is doing a better job with integration than most countries in Europe. There aren't any Muslim ghettos, but this could be due to low numbers. I’ve a friend who teaches in he Muslim national school, including some kids who are Syrian refugees, most Muslims in Ireland are pretty well integrated. They aren’t assimilated though, so they still stand out.

they/them/theirs

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement