Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lisa Smith home.

Options

Comments

tuxy wrote: »
    No I'm taking about interment, something that has the backing of many posters on here.

Internment of Islamic State members. You’re the only one talking about general internment.

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    If she was a bloke this would be a different story

What would be the difference?

Internment of Islamic State members. You’re the only one talking about general internment.

Why have internment for one terrorist organisation & not for the others?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Seeing people say "Give Lisa and her family some privacy" and "leave her alone"

My Godness what is wrong with this nation.

If this case was in England the people would be out on the streets protesting. But as always in this country we let the government do what they want

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Andrew00 wrote: »

If this case was in England the people would be out on the streets protesting. But as always in this country we let the government do what they want
    You think things are better in England? Not following politics there?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

You can't talk about the concept of interment in total isolation.

tuxy wrote: »
    You can't talk about the concept of interment in total isolation.

Yes you can. It’s a thread about an Islamic State member. Frankly, internment would be at the very lower end of the scale of what should happen her and her ilk.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭dennispenn

pablo128 wrote: »
    I don't know why you're quoting me. This is the post I was responding to. Unless you want to outlaw the Muslim religion in Ireland?
    Ah, apologies there senhor Pablo.

There wouldn't be any benefits to Ireland or Europe by banning Islam. Or would there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

Andrew00 wrote: »

Lisa Smith will be taking her personal safety into her own hands is she dares venture out in public in the near future.

Her families neighbours aren't too happy she's back for a start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

dennispenn wrote: »
    Ah, apologies there senhor Pablo.

There wouldn't be any benefits to Ireland or Europe by banning Islam. Or would there?

??? Dunno. You tell me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,541 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    If she was a bloke this would be a different story

Homosexuality in the Muslim community not to mind ISIS would be a headline grabber alright.

Yes you can. It’s a thread about an Islamic State member. Frankly, internment would be at the very lower end of the scale of what should happen her and her ilk.

I agree that the Irish state have not done enough and are ill prepared.
    What exactly do you believe should be done?

[quote="dennispenn;111909889"
    There wouldn't be any benefits to Ireland or Europe by banning Islam. Or would there?[/quote]

Banning a religion?
    Do you think there is any benefit to that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I vowed to never vote finna fail after what they did to this country but after this latest insult by Fine Gael today to the irish people I am left with no choice next year

ricero wrote: »
    I vowed to never vote finna fail after what they did to this country but after this latest insult by Fine Gael today to the irish people I am left with no choice next year

How did they insult the Irish people?

FF are currently propping up the current FG government.
    Too scared to call a GE just yet.
    Voting FF would not change a thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I can't vote for the eye-stabbing party, so I'll vote for the eye-plucking party!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,265 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

If we introduced indefinite internment for somebody who went abroad to assist in a terrorist organisation then I would be happy with that. Due process is often needed to prevent innocent people becoming victims of the system, I can't see how anyone could come to the conclusion that lisa smith is not a genuine participant in ISIS and a continued threat to our nation.

I understand your viewpoint but the thing is that internment is internment. You're locking someone up without the need for any proof. The ability to do that has implications for a lot more people than those whom you target.

What would be the minimum required for internment? Would you need evidence of them active in something out foreign, or would you need evidence of them travelling to that country, or evidence of leaving Ireland, or just that someone has a feeling that "that fella looks dodgy and sure he was probably over with those terrorist fellas because that's the type his sort would do".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭171170

I can't vote for the eye-stabbing party, so I'll vote for the eye-plucking party!

When the only real alternatives are the kneecappers and bombers collective or the tofu munching seaweed smokers, there's quite a lot to be said for the self-mutilation options!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,402 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Lisa needs braces

Flight plan!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

What would be the minimum required for internment? Would you need evidence of them active in something out foreign, or would you need evidence of them travelling to that country, or evidence of leaving Ireland, or just that someone has a feeling that "that fella looks dodgy and sure he was probably over with those terrorist fellas because that's the type his sort would do".

Word of a Military intelligence/G2/ Garda Officer would be fine by me.

Should we intern all the Hutch and Kinahan family members?

Word of a Military intelligence/G2/ Garda Officer would be fine by me.
    Like Martin Callinan if he made such a claim against Maurice McCabe?
    You need some degree of evidence surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

I'd rather vote for the Chinese Communist Party than Fianna Fail.

FF have certainly done more damage to the country than them. So am willing to give it a chance.

It's best not to question a figure of authority.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 391 ✭✭Professor Genius

Welcome back lass ! Make the most of your second chance love !

Different situation. I am not saying that was right but that was internal "disciplining".
    This is an external force we are fighting. This softy softy touch isnt working. We need to show we mean business.

Different situation. I am not saying that was right but that was internal "disciplining".
    This is an external force we are fighting. This softy softy touch isnt working. We need to show we mean business.
    I'm not for softy softy. You can't be soft on people that agree or side with ISIS.
    But I'm not for taking anyone's word alone as the basis for dealing out punishment. And it wasn't disciplining, it was pure lies, smearing, and pretty horrible from a senior official.

it was pure lies, smearing, and pretty horrible from a senior official.

It was but he knew who he was playing with. I am neither a fan or have come to the attention of the Gardai but I always know what they are capable of. If you are part of the team and you know the rules then you cant claim ignorance.

• Advertisement

I am neither a fan or have come to the attention of the Gardai but I always know what they are capable of
    That’s why I was suggesting you can’t take their word alone; a degree of evidence should be a requirement.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement