Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 3a €249 on Vodafone (In Stock!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Cheers! wrote: »
    I ordered one, got an error message and I didn't receive a confirmation email, so I kept trying, until they maxed out my credit card! Therefore I paid over €1k in error and not even the store managers would help me, just told me to call customer care and then customer care would tell me to go to the store as they had no record, as I didn't even have an order number, due to not receiving a confirmation email!!!

What a joke!

How did you get the one pixel without a tracking number and did they refund your credit card?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

Qwerty? wrote: »
    It was showing as out of stock, and then became available so have just ordered one again, using different email and card. I'll await another cancellation email in the morning :rolleyes:

And as predicted... Cancelled. What a joke.

Charge showing as pending on my bank account

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭karkar athlete

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

Ush1 wrote: »
    For anybody who got a refund, were the transactions pending on your account and then you got the money back because they are no longer pending for me and the money has been taken?

Oh ffs, yes the money is no longer pending and is now showing as debited from my account despite the ordered being canceled. Last nights order already cancelled too and another pending charge on top.

What a ****show.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,578 ✭✭✭micks_address

yes its a complete mess, for me when i ordered Friday my funds were pending.. order was cancelled saturday, then i was actually credited money from vodafone for the order back into my account sunday night.. so i had the money back while still a pending charge on my account... then monday the pending charge left my account so i was left back where i started... i almost went in to order again last night but can't face the messing.. its out of stock now anyway..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Why would they worry?
    Provided Vodafone complies with the commitments, Comreg will not take legal action against it.
    So Comreg are going to check up on those 73,000 customers' refunds?

The stuffed shirts that populate that toothless, industry-owned quango will be high-fiving the Vodafone bosses even as they enjoy their corporate hospitality hampers and freebs. And hopefully the Vodafone CEO will again win Irish Tatler's Women of the Year Business Award.
    :rolleyes:

If the telco sector in this country can be likened to a dung heap - and I think it probably can - then Vodafone must be one of the most noxious (and resilient) weeds growing out of it. No wonder they're Ryanair's preferred partner - their business philosophy and disregard for consumer protection legislation are well aligned.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Cheers!

Ush1 wrote: »
    How did you get the one pixel without a tracking number and did they refund your credit card?

Just got a call from the store that I choose for click and collect saying to collect it!
    They refunded the overpayments after I spent hours on to them and visited a few stores, most people I met or talked to in the phone were just extremely eager to pass me to another team!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭TimHorton

Mine just arrived in the Post - Ordered 7.24 PM on Tuesday.

Cheers! wrote: »
    Just got a call from the store that I choose for click and collect saying to collect it!
    They refunded the overpayments after I spent hours on to them and visited a few stores, most people I met or talked to in the phone were just extremely eager to pass me to another team!

My wife was charged 500 has hasn't gotten a phone at all.
    absolute clowns

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

TimHorton wrote: »
    Mine just arrived in the Post - Ordered 7.24 PM on Tuesday.

Bargain! Enjoy!

Here I am desperately refreshing the page in case one comes back in stock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭seven stars

I finally got in yesterday morning at about 9am when they were briefly back in stock. I was fully expecting the order to be cancelled, but I didn't get the cancellation mail.

Showing today as dispatched, so here's hoping.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭maki

I ordered yesterday morning and just got a call from the Vodafone store saying mine is ready for collection. I also just got a text saying that my port from my new Eir sim was rejected by Eir. Looks like it's total luck if the order goes through or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭BillyBird

maki wrote: »
    I ordered yesterday morning and just got a call from the Vodafone store saying mine is ready for collection. I also just got a text saying that my port from my new Eir sim was rejected by Eir. Looks like it's total luck if the order goes through or not.

I finally got in yesterday morning at about 9am when they were briefly back in stock. I was fully expecting the order to be cancelled, but I didn't get the cancellation mail.

Showing today as dispatched, so here's hoping.

Same boat, ordered yesterday at about 11:30am, currently showing as dispatched. Now I wait and hope I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭dazzday

Got an order in at 10pm last night... No issues with payment. Order is now dispatched in the system for home delivery.

Maybe I just got lucky!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

My tracking history only became visible to me when attempt #14 generated an actual confirmation mail with a reference, allowing me to look it up and discover 13 'order cancelled' references dated between Friday and Sunday last.

I gave up when order #14 (where I tried opting for store pick-up instead of delivery) was cancelled on Sunday afternoon for 'criteria' reasons.

I've now received a brand new order confirmation email dated Monday 20 November (late morning), with a reference number which allows me to log in and see my tracking history, but which doesn't appear there.

And in this email confirmation of an order I never placed, the address of my local Vodafone store is given as my billing address as well as delivery address.

Incompetent shower of gobshytes.

Edit: Interestingly, all my own order attempts have reference numbers beginning with '2947....' (but not in chrono-numerical order).
    This latest one (which I didn't place) begins with '5622....'. Possibly supporting the theory ventured above that some bunch of poor assholes are sitting at their desks manually sifting through hundreds of system-cancelled orders, trying to mop up the mess. And the broken ordering system system still continues to take payment from people's cards, even as the non-fulfilling orders continue to come in?

"Shur as long as we give it back eventually, what harm? Oh, and sorry for maxing out your credit card a month before Christmas."

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭melikebanana

Pixel 3a delivered this morning, ordered on Tuesday. Funny thing is the tracking still says "order processing". Fantastic phone for €180. The camera is outstanding. I took some photos in the dark, the results look so clear. Thanks op.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭Sappy404

I ordered yesterday afternoon, cancelled last night. I had previously bought one at €249 but used a different email address, delivery address and a shortened version of my name this time. Ah well.

CC was charged. Has anyone actually gotten a full refund yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 bargainboy

hey sappy mine cancelled too no refund on my end either been passed from pillar to post finally got through to someone who offered me 100 euro in vodaphone credit plus the phone i would just have to collect the phone in store i asked how would this would be possible if the website said they had no stock ?i told him i am more that happy to wait for more stock and they could send me a email and i would collect the phone in store since they already had my money to which he replied that would not be possible as it was an online offer ???
    I then asked to speak to his manager only to be told you have to wait 24 hours to speak to a manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Mine says cancelled now but i assume its delivered to store....will collect it today

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭millie12345

I am still waiting on delivery of an eir SIM card to avail of this offer but looks like I am too late. If anyone manages to get one they don’t need I would be really interested in buying it. It’s on a Christmas list here so would be great to get for the cheaper price. I will keep checking to see if it comes back into stock and maybe the SIM card will arrive tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Some of the stuff the customer support are coming out with is off the wall.

One fella told me to try order again after having 720 debited from my account and no confirmation or tracking, even though he said all the previous orders were cancelled and couldn't tell me why they were cancelled.

Then he goes why don't you go to the shop and buy it and I told him its online only, he tells me it isn't then I hear someone in the background correcting him and he tells me no I can't actually go to the shop.

Then another agent said go to the shop and ask them to order it as you are likely not ordering it correctly. I work in IT and nearly burst out laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,853 ✭✭✭daheff

Sappy404 wrote: »

CC was charged. Has anyone actually gotten a full refund yet?
    bargainboy wrote: »
    hey sappy mine cancelled too no refund on my end either been passed from pillar to post

I was talking to an online agent. They told me that they had to manually instruct the refund for my cancelled order! I asked them what would have happened if I hadn't contacted them to ask....I was told I wouldn't have been refunded.

As per their complaints procedure, I requested a complaint ref and was told I would need to wait for a customer service person to ring me back with the reference. :eek::eek:

I guess I'm going to be instructing a chargeback so!

daheff wrote: »
    I was talking to an online agent. They told me that they had to manually instruct the refund for my cancelled order! I asked them what would have happened if I hadn't contacted them to ask....I was told I wouldn't have been refunded.

As per their complaints procedure, I requested a complaint ref and was told I would need to wait for a customer service person to ring me back with the reference. :eek::eek:

Can you tell me how you managed to reach them? Every chat/number I've called has been a dead end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭NewClareman

I got an email telling me it was back in stock so I placed an order around 10:30. Let’s see how that goes...

Showed as dispatched, this morning, now back to “ Your order is being processed“.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,853 ✭✭✭daheff

Sappy404 wrote: »
    Can you tell me how you managed to reach them? Every chat/number I've called has been a dead end.

chat online on vodafone.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭maki

Showed as dispatched, this morning, now back to “ Your order is being processed“.

Mine did the exact same, but it actually was dispatched. In fact it's still sitting on "Your order is being processed" even though I've received the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭TimHorton

maki wrote: »
    Mine did the exact same, but it actually was dispatched. In fact it's still sitting on "Your order is being processed" even though I've received the phone.

Same here , If you saw dispatched at some point expect delivery tomorrow - Phone arrived today but its a present for my son for Christmas so it will remailn unopened until the big day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

daheff wrote: »

There is no way that can be right. You have to manually request the money back even though they took the money without providing any service. Surely this is getting into the illegal territory? That just can't be the practice under the law?

There is no way that can be right. You have to manually request the money back even though they took the money without providing any service. Surely this is getting into the illegal territory? That just can't be the practice under the law?

Having followed this thread over the last two weeks, I think more than a little consideration has to go to the possibility that utter incompetence is a factor here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭jmorrisey

Yep 99.99 charged (no longer pending) for p30 lite which was emailed as cancelled. I got through to customer service last night on phone and the rep told me I would have to ring back in two hours to request a refund of my money....I told her I wouldn't be calling back as if the money wasn't returned it would be theft

I'm thinking as I write this , surely this is newsworthy stuff what's happening here

Advertisement