Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 3a €249 on Vodafone (In Stock!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭flexcon

Lovely.

Just off the phone to service and order was rejected for system error. Placed order Tuesdays evening.

So annoyed I missed this deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

So 4 long phonecalls later and they say all my orders are cancelled and I will get the money back in 5 working days.

720 quid locked up with them, tenner for the eir SIM and no phone at the end.

Not my favourite bargain alert.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

They have changed my tracking to 'Your order has been unsuccessful.' after taking the money, sending a confirmation order email last night and showing alright on the tracker all day.

What a joke.

They have changed my tracking to 'Your order has been unsuccessful.' after taking the money, sending a confirmation order email last night and showing alright on the tracker all day.

What a joke.

Yeah that’s it I think. That won’t come back into stock anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Why are they cancelling orders when they have updated their website? It now has the lower price and they've added some Christmassy stuff to the image.

A2aSzSW.jpg

Not in stock though, as stated above. I didn't bother ordering anyway as it's not a big enough improvement on what I have.

• Advertisement

flexcon wrote: »
    Yeah that’s it I think. That won’t come back into stock anyway.

It is so weird. I know someone who placed an order a day after mine and his tracker is now showing dispatched.

It is so weird. I know someone who placed an order a day after mine and his tracker is now showing dispatched.

Same! I have two family members who ordered those this morning and both dispatched.

Explained all of this to them on phone and they have no power to do anything I was told. Not even a gesture to use on the website

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

Well called into Vodafone store in Galway and they found the order and all looks good :-) they gave me a reference number...so fingers crossed it arrives...

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

flexcon wrote: »
    Same! I have two family members who ordered those this morning and both dispatched.

Explained all of this to them on phone and they have no power to do anything I was told. Not even a gesture to use on the website

I got that Criteria Limitations email even though all my previous orders didn't go through so this would have been my one and only order from them. I know you are in the same boat so I would say that had some crude checks in place to see if someone had previously ordered but it was just checking if an order has been previously placed and not if those orders were successful and just returning that the person has already availed of the offer and fails the check.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭daheff

I got that Criteria Limitations email even though all my previous orders didn't go through so this would have been my one and only order from them. I know you are in the same boat so I would say that had some crude checks in place to see if someone had previously ordered

I got the same. I only had 1 order. God knows what their checks are.

any way they could see when the 'switching' number was first issued (ie to block the dummy switches)?

• Advertisement

daheff wrote: »
    I got the same. I only had 1 order. God knows what their checks are.

any way they could see when the 'switching' number was first issued (ie to block the dummy switches)?

Are you sure you only had one order? This was the first time they actually took the money from my card and sent email confirmations but the previous attempts when I got the payment error where all showing on the tracking when I logged in to look at this order.

That could have been it either on the dummy number thing but plenty of people who got the offer here seemed to have done so with a dummy number.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Lads help a Luddite out.

I want to pick up the Samsung phone for the mother. I got a new eir sim today. I put it in my phone but it says I need to top up for data.

Can I go off wifi to get all the info from the vodafone web page? When it sends the verification code to my phone, what then? I can't text them back with no credit?

Am I an idiot? (Probably yes).

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Weltsmertz

Think the same. Don't think they were checking for dummy numbers.
    Most likely that anyone who previously tried to order and was stopped by the payment error had that counted as an order. And those that the system recognised as placing multiple orders has their order cancelled.
    Seems the most logical explanation given that many of those who placed orders today and yesterday evening had orders fulfilled.

mfceiling wrote: »
    Lads help a Luddite out.

I want to pick up the Samsung phone for the mother. I got a new eir sim today. I put it in my phone but it says I need to top up for data.

Can I go off wifi to get all the info from the vodafone web page? When it sends the verification code to my phone, what then? I can't text them back with no credit?

Am I an idiot? (Probably yes).

You don't need to text them back. You just need to put in the Verification code on the website that it sends to the phone when it asks for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

I wouldn't be surprised if they drip feed stock into the system, and thus drip feed the orders.

I had multiple cancelled orders before my "successful" one last night, and that then being cancelled today.

It's a great bargain if you're in the market for this phone. Pixel phone and all ... Something I would have really liked to have experienced.

Anyhow if anyone was buying this for the quality photos but didn't succeed, then try downloading GCAM to your current phone.

I already have gcam on my phone and photo quality is likewise great, including the Night Sight mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,947 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

I think it has something to do with number ported ..

• Registered Users Posts: 36 bargainboy

i also finally got my order through last night after trying since late last week only to be declined today the money has however been taken from my c card even though vodaphone stated in the email that it has already been refunded ? it seems they are using the multiple unsuccessful attempts as proof of multiple purchases ????

Are you sure you only had one order?.

Yes I’m sure I only had one order. I only made one successful attempt with them. First time failed on the card error issue. Second time actually confirmed order and then subsequent cancel. Only one order confirmation provided

daheff wrote: »
    Yes I’m sure I only had one order. I only made one successful attempt with them. First time failed on the card error issue. Second time actually confirmed order and then subsequent cancel. Only one order confirmation provided

Yeah, that is the same as many of us. I only made one successful transaction and the rest failed as a card error but I can still see all those failures on the tracker which are probably counting as an order in whatever crude automated way they are checking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,947 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

After a dispatchesd status mine now says order being processed...😆😆

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Cheers!

After having 6 payments taken, 1 pixel received and a week spent in a loop of calling customer care and being referred to the store and told in FOUR stores that they can't help just call customer care.....I think second guessing the Vodafone processes or systems is just a waste of time, as the staff themselves don't understand and the process is completely broken!

Back in stock - Go, go, go :pac:

Bought another raffle ticket, order placed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Just use a different email address when buying maybe, that's if you've already had the payment issue

biebiebie wrote: »
    Just use a different email address when buying maybe, that's if you've already had the payment issue

This is what I tried so fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭chonix

Cheers! wrote: »
    After having 6 payments taken, 1 pixel received and a week spent in a loop of calling customer care and being referred to the store and told in FOUR stores that they can't help just call customer care.....I think second guessing the Vodafone processes or systems is just a waste of time, as the staff themselves don't understand and the process is completely broken!
    Did you order 6 pixels or only one? I don't get it, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

It was showing as out of stock, and then became available so have just ordered one again, using different email and card. I'll await another cancellation email in the morning :rolleyes:

Out of stock again.

Somebody in Vodafone is taking the p*ss here. Must be updating stock where one or two get returned/cancelled.

Yeah, that is the same as many of us. I only made one successful transaction and the rest failed as a card error but I can still see all those failures on the tracker which are probably counting as an order in whatever crude automated way they are checking.

I only see one failure though on the tracker.

I'm voting this as the worst BA alert of 2019 (and the one of the best for those who got it at 179)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭NewClareman

I got an email telling me it was back in stock so I placed an order around 10:30. Let’s see how that goes...

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Cheers!

chonix wrote: »
    Did you order 6 pixels or only one? I don't get it, sorry.

I ordered one, got an error message and I didn't receive a confirmation email, so I kept trying, until they maxed out my credit card! Therefore I paid over €1k in error and not even the store managers would help me, just told me to call customer care and then customer care would tell me to go to the store as they had no record, as I didn't even have an order number, due to not receiving a confirmation email!!!

What a joke!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

For anybody who got a refund, were the transactions pending on your account and then you got the money back because they are no longer pending for me and the money has been taken?

Advertisement