Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 3a €249 on Vodafone (In Stock!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭BakeMeACake

Stupidity. No answer for thar

why would you do that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭millie12345

Stupidity. No answer for thar

Sorry if I am stupid but I thought I needed a sim from a different provider to port to avail of €179.99. Is that not the case.

Sorry if I am stupid but I thought I needed a sim from a different provider to port to avail of €179.99. Is that not the case.

Read the first post in full. :)

http://shop.vodafone.ie/shop/phones/google-pixel-3a-pay-as-you-go-just-black

Ok so this seems like a great deal for a very good mid range phone with a flagship camera in it, €399 on the google store at the moment and it will drop to at least €349 on black friday but I cannot see it getting as cheap as €249.

Review here https://www.tomsguide.com/us/google-pixel-3a,review-6452.html

Ok so the deal is only valid if you are porting you number to vodafone, so I just ordered a free sim from eir which I received in a few days, popped in my eir sim to get the verification code then put my 3 sim back in and completed my purchase.

This one.

I did order a sim from eir on Monday but it hasn’t arrived yet. Forgive my stupidity but I did post that earlier. What am I missing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

order a free sim from eir.....

https://www.eir.ie/mobile/prepay/free-sim-cards/

once you get the sim order the phone by selecting not a vodafone customer --> pay as you go

follow the steps to get port code on your eir sim and order !

Simples...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭NATLOR

How do I order without a sim?

You just had to either go to a phone shop eg eir and buy one, or order a free one online

I did order a sim from eir on Monday but it hasn’t arrived yet. Forgive my stupidity but I did post that earlier. What am I missing?

strange i have got sim in 2 days post order from eir...try again..

just dont collect the phone incase you want to order again.

order a free sim from eir.....

https://www.eir.ie/mobile/prepay/free-sim-cards/

once you get the sim order the phone by selecting not a vodafone customer --> pay as you go

follow the steps to get port code on your eir sim and order !

Simples...

If you read my earlier posts I did order a sim from eir on Monday but it still hasn’t arrived. I have read the posts.

If you read my earlier posts I did order a sim from eir on Monday but it still hasn’t arrived. I have read the posts.

Why would spend an extra 100 euro instead of waiting a few more days for your sim or getting a sim in a shop for 10 euro?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

End of the day you only paid 30€ more than everyone who got them when the offer was first posted. Still a decent phone for a decent price.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭raxy

Just ordered now. Went through ok so will see what happens.
    Not sure how if I ordered because I want the phone or just to see if I actually get it after the mess it's been over the last few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭emy

I had a eir sim card around and used it, it worked and paid 179, I think is good buy, if comes.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Probably a stupid question but has anyone got a spare EIR sim that they would be willing to allow me use to get a phone using the porting ?

I have a spare 48 SIM you could use. PM me if still interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭biebiebie

raxy wrote: »
    Just ordered now. Went through ok so will see what happens.
    Not sure how if I ordered because I want the phone or just to see if I actually get it after the mess it's been over the last few days.

Same, although I already tried and failed.
    It's more of a challenge to me now.
    Heck it's on my bucket list.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Weltsmertz

biebiebie wrote: »
    Same, although I already tried and failed.
    It's more of a challenge to me now.
    Heck it's on my bucket list.

I felt the same. The more difficult it became the more I wanted it. But only at €179.99.
    How many people have such an interesting story about how they got their phone.
    Many do something boring like go into a shop, consider different models and buy one.

Weltsmertz wrote:
    I felt the same. The more difficult it became the more I wanted it. But only at €179.99. How many people have such an interesting story about how they got their phone. Many do something boring like go into a shop, consider different models and buy one.

That is so true. The more I couldn't have this phone the more it was the only phone I would be happy with. How crazy is that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭TimHorton

Phone is a real bargain . Actually opened last night to update it to Android 10 and add it Google Family , Excellent Phone for 179 ,

Dont forget unlimited photo storage to google photos

Dont forget unlimited photo storage to google photos

Nope. The Pixel 3 has unlimited storage at original quality. The 3a only has the same unlimited reduced quality as everyone gets with any phone. So in that respect it is a serious downgrade from previous Pixel phones.

• Advertisement

Weltsmertz wrote:
    Nope. The Pixel 3 has unlimited storage at original quality. The 3a only has the same unlimited reduced quality as everyone gets with any phone. So in that respect it is a serious downgrade from previous Pixel phones.

Ahh thanks for clarifying

Ahh thanks for clarifying

Although you still get 15GB of storage at original quality same as everyone. Which is quite a lot. In four years I've used 3GB.
    So depends how many photos you want to keep. And the 4 doesn't have unlimited either. And that costs €800.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

Weltsmertz wrote: »
    Although you still get 15GB of storage at original quality same as everyone. Which is quite a lot. In four years I've used 3GB.
    So depends how many photos you want to keep. And the 4 doesn't have unlimited either. And that costs €800.

Off topic but at this stage I feel we are a family getting over the line together :

“Can you pay monthly to up that 15GB?” Like iCloud on iOS?

flexcon wrote: »
    Off topic but at this stage I feel we are a family getting over the line together :

“Can you pay monthly to up that 15GB?” Like iCloud on iOS?

I pay something like €2/month out of my phone credit for 200gb Google Drive storage. I assume your photos can be stored there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Anyone who got this phone, does it come unlocked?

coldfire1x wrote: »
    Anyone who got this phone, does it come unlocked?

All pixels are unlocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭ahlookit

Out of stock again on Vodafone website

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭adocholiday

ahlookit wrote: »
    Out of stock again on Vodafone website

I just bought an eir sim too. Damn!

So I rang Vodafone (India) customer services on Thursday. I was not amicable. They said my request was cancelled and I needed to ring them in two days time to confirm a refund. Now this made me less amicable. But I did notice they did refund me yesterday. What a bunch of characters they are. So refund done, now just waiting on delivery of my phone that suddenly I want more than anything :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

So I rang Vodafone (India) customer services on Thursday. I was not amicable. They said my request was cancelled and I needed to ring them in two days time to confirm a refund. Now this made me less amicable. But I did notice they did refund me yesterday. What a bunch of characters they are. So refund done, now just waiting on delivery of my phone that suddenly I want more than anything :-)

Good luck!

They also auto refunded all my failed charges. The call center staff don't seem to have a clue and wing the information.

In the same boat on waiting for delivery, I made one last attempt at getting this yesterday. It looks more promising than the other orders as it has gone to due for dispatch where none of my previous orders made it that far so fingers crossed.

Advertisement