Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 3a €249 on Vodafone (In Stock!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭TimHorton

My order from last night gone to

Your order has been dispatched.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭daheff

breeno wrote: »
    When did you order? I'm hoping to do it this afternoon but getting I'm a bit wary of being caught with funds taken and order cancelled for a few days!

ordered last night.

wonder if they are just cancelling the orders which are switching to Vodafone? Anybody orde successfully and not switch in the last few days?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭bromley52

TimHorton wrote: »
    My order from last night gone to

Your order has been dispatched.

So has mine. I didn't get any dispatch email though.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 johnny66179

bromley52 wrote: »
    So has mine. I didn't get any dispatch email though.

same here, was just cancelled, ordered sucessfully yesterday around 7

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭jmorrisey

What a PR disaster for vodafone.

Already have a phone and broadband with them. New phone app has been a disaster, fanatastic fridays gone. I spent an hour waiting to connect to broadband support last night and another hour trying to fix the service. I was trying to switch another over phone from eir to them and purchase the p30 lite for days and finally order goes through, money taken, port arranged and then they cancel this morning.

I'd be surprised if the port doesn't go through now based on the sheer ineptitude so far.

When the dust has settled with this cancelled order I'll be moving the existing broadband service (not in contract) and other phone service to anyone else

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

Seems to be impossible to contact Vodafone via there numbers unless your an existing customer...anyone have a way of contacting them?

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭r0chf0rt

Seems to be impossible to contact Vodafone via there numbers unless your an existing customer...anyone have a way of contacting them?

If you use the number you put down to port it will recogniose you as a pay as you go customer. I did it yesterday and eventually got through to customer services.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Weltsmertz

Seems they may be cancelling what they perceive to be multiple orders even if the reorders were a mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,932 ✭✭✭long_b

Still waiting for a call from the shop for. Collection. Phone is down as having been delivered on 18/11

Odd

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭adocholiday

So just to be clear I just buy a PAYG SIM from eir, order this online and port that PAYG number over, then pop my own current SIM into it? No catches etc.? I note the order issues people are having but aside from that it's all good?

Does anyone think it's possible Amazon might have something decent on this phone in their Black Friday sales?

EDIT: Never mind it's now out of stock on the vodafone site

• Advertisement

So just to be clear I just buy a PAYG SIM from eir, order this online and port that PAYG number over, then pop my own current SIM into it? No catches etc.? I note the order issues people are having but aside from that it's all good?

Does anyone think it's possible Amazon might have something decent on this phone in their Black Friday sales?

Yes that's right.

I'd be shocked if Google or Amazon match €180 for this device.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Yup once in stock and no payment issues that's exactly it, reckon it probably is too late to the party though id say.

Amazon probably dont even stock of the phone let alone have a good discount on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭flexcon

daheff wrote: »
    ordered last night.

wonder if they are just cancelling the orders which are switching to Vodafone? Anybody orde successfully and not switch in the last few days?

So annoying.

Mine canceled due to lack of stock yet I ordered at Monday 4pm

If you ordered after seems a complete lack of fairness there.
    BUT!!

enjoy the great deal!

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Weltsmertz

flexcon wrote: »
    So annoying.

BUT!!

enjoy the great deal!

Wouldn't give up yet. They are still accepting orders on the website.
    Try doing a clean order. i e. Use new sim, new name and new card. That would probably get over the issue of perceived multiple orders being cancelled.
    Maybe you know someone that you could give €180 to, give them a sim and ask them to do the order.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭TimHorton

So annoying.

BUT!!

enjoy the great deal!

I ordered at 7.24 PM last night and website says its dispatched.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,947 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

I think there are couple of issues...

1) Someone is manually restocking items in the morning
    2) Their order processing is broken - payments, stock check, processing etc.

Worth the pain considering the value they are providing....Even in US there has not been a single black friday offer for this phone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,947 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

I ported using eir if that helps anyone who got cancellations....

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭maki

Ordered this morning and tracking is now showing dispatched.

For me:
    First attempt at ordering
    Ported from a brand new Eir sim
    Selected collect at store

Never knew I could get so mad.

people

What number do I can to talk to vodafone sales?

I rang012038232

No matter what menu i select I cannot speak to anyone.

Im on hold to tech support now for 15mins to get to SALES!

unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

So I called in to the shop I selected for delivery. The fella there contacted Vodafone customer care whose big idea was to refund me my 3 payments and tell me to order again.

Straight away the shop assistant said if you're willing to refund the money it means you can prove that the orders went through, customer care agent said yes, shop assistant says well if you can see the transactions there has to be a tracking number on them, 10-minutes of over and back before it turns out there is actually a phone on route to the shop as we speak. Thank God for your man in the shop, customer care haven't a clue what they are doing

Got my phone just now, well worth calling into the shop and get them to put you through to customer care

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭breeno

Showing as sold out again now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,932 ✭✭✭long_b

long_b wrote: »
    Still waiting for a call from the shop for. Collection. Phone is down as having been delivered on 18/11

Odd

Just a note for anyone who did Click and Collect
    Apparently the store rang me on the porting number to say the phone had arrived.
    Might be tricky, especially if you've used a throw away sim or if the porting date has already passed!

breeno wrote: »
    Showing as sold out again now.

I had a nightmare ordering a few weeks back. My first order was stuck on processing for a week, and the phone went out of stock on the site shortly after. I used the 'notify when in stock' option, and ordered again when I got an email about it being back in stock. Both ended up arriving the same day, even though I only actually wanted one.

45mins holding and counting to talk to SALES! What a mess this really is turning out to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭shmeee

long_b wrote: »
    Just a note for anyone who did Click and Collect
    Apparently the store rang me on the porting number to say the phone had arrived.
    Might be tricky, especially if you've used a throw away sim or if the porting date has already passed!

I had contact number down as my "actual" number and only entered my Tesco number as the port details.

First time transferring between Android phones and was so easy, literally plugged the usb c cable into my xiaomi (entered password) and connected it to the 3a and everything goes across in a matter of minutes. Wasn't like apple asking for 1 million passwords and Apple two-factor authentication BS that always was a nightmare for me.

shmeee wrote: »
    I had contact number down as my "actual" number and only entered my Tesco number as the port details.

First time transferring between Android phones and was so easy, literally plugged the usb c cable into my xiaomi (entered password) and connected it to the 3a and everything goes across in a matter of minutes. Wasn't like apple asking for 1 million passwords and Apple two-factor authentication BS that always was a nightmare for me.

To be fair now - Those 1 million passwords was actually 2 passwords and a code.

1)Your phone passcode
    2)Your apple ID password
    3)Your 2 factor code

And lastly - The fact you could do that transfer without a password or code is slightly unnerving.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭shmeee

And lastly - The fact you could do that transfer without a password or code is slightly unnerving.

I had to put in my password on my device to start transfer as stated above.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭daheff

Anybody care to comment on the legalities around this? Wasnt there something before that once consideration is taken there is a contract formed..... so technically VF are in breach? Or have i missed something?

**before anybody starts, I'm not trying to sue/get the lawyers in etc.... just more a question than anything else.

Anybody care to comment on the legalities around this? Wasnt there something before that once consideration is taken there is a contract formed..... so technically VF are in breach? Or have i missed something?

**before anybody starts, I'm not trying to sue/get the lawyers in etc.... just more a question than anything else.

Pretty sure they're fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,163 ✭✭✭Sappy404

I'd say no ordinarily, but if they are porting numbers to Vodafone despite cancelling/refunding orders, there are definitely legal questions to answer IMO.

Advertisement