Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭circular flexing

So Audica is out. Standard edition is €30, and with DLC 01 it's €60. From what I can tell, DLC 01 has the following songs:

Youngblood - 5 Seconds of Summer
    Into You - Ariana Grande
    bad guy - Billie Eilish
    Better Now - Post Malone
    Believer - Imagine Dragons

So that's an extra €30 for 5 songs... Surely a typo on the price?! Especially considering buying each one individually is €2 each...

Yes it's a typo, Harmonix said they are working on fixing the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

is it any good ? And is it worth a punt if you own beat sabre?

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

Yeah, i want someone here to be my 'canary down the mine' to tell me if the game is worth getting :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

I thought it might be a tenner less. Think I'll wait for a sale/glowing reviews on here :)

So Audica is out. Standard edition is €30, and with DLC 01 it's €60. From what I can tell, DLC 01 has the following songs:

Into You - Ariana Grande
    bad guy - Billie Eilish
    Better Now - Post Malone

So that's an extra €30 for 5 songs... Surely a typo on the price?! Especially considering buying each one individually is €2 each...

Just had a look at the different packages, I'd say the €60 should be base game plus season pass (rather than DLC01) , given the season pass on its own is €35. I assume season pass will include a good few DLC packs. DLC pack 01 is €9 on its own, so a quid cheaper than buying each song individually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

For someone who hasn't picked up their VR in about 2 years, what are considered the flagship games? I have Resident Evil, Skyrim and Superhot. Anything big I've missed since then? Best Saber type games don't appeal to me.

For someone who hasn't picked up their VR in about 2 years, what are considered the flagship games? I have Resident Evil, Skyrim and Superhot. Anything big I've missed since then? Best Saber type games don't appeal to me.

Astrobot is exceptional. Smiled the whole way through it, an absolute joy

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

JimBurnley wrote: »
    Astrobot is exceptional. Smiled the whole way through it, an absolute joy
    I will second this. Astroboy filled me with a sense of joy that I've not experienced playing a game since Mario 64.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

SomeSayKos wrote: »
    Astroboy

spot the guy who typed using his Android phone ;)

Thirded, Astrobot is phenomenal. Every level brings something new and it feels so good to play.

SomeSayKos wrote: »
    Yeah, i want someone here to be my 'canary down the mine' to tell me if the game is worth getting :pac:

There's a good few in depth videos on YouTube. I think the main feedback is the game is good but it's more about accuracy than Beat Saber (you can easily play it sitting down) and that some of the scenes look a bit flat.

I'm away from my PSVR right now so haven't bought it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

I have the original camera - would purchasing the newer camera make any difference?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,377 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Danick wrote: »
    I have the original camera - would purchasing the newer camera make any difference?

Thanks

No, absolutely no difference between the old and new one. It’s just used for tracking the lights, the old one does the exact same job as the new one

Bought Audica and played it for a few hours today. It's bloody hard. Even playing songs on standard and I'm struggling to get more than 3/5 on most of them. The songs are also shorter, like POP/STARS cuts off after the second chorus. Having good fun playing the Dragonforce song. Overall highly recommended if you like Beat Saber, it plays different enough that it's worth it (Audica requires less reaction and more thinking)

Played Audica a ton more and am definitely in love with it. Playing the Dragonforce song feels better than anything I've done in BS. There are some other nice touches too, like when you are on a streak the whole scene changes colour and when you are close to failing the whole scene turns red. One odd thing is video recording is disabled (presumably for copyright reasons).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,812 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'll definitely pick this up so, just to see if it's better than Beat Saber! End of the month though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Golem getting some brilliant impressions/reviews. It looks like the long wait was well worth it. Looking forward to my copy getting here.

Into You - Ariana Grande
    bad guy - Billie Eilish
    Better Now - Post Malone

Price has been fixed for base game + DLC01, now €36

• Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Corholio wrote: »
    Golem getting some brilliant impressions/reviews. It looks like the long wait was well worth it. Looking forward to my copy getting here.

Aye... between this and Stormland / Asgard's Wrath on the Oculus it's a great time for new VR content.

I'm getting through my backlog now, but I envision a big splurge on several VR titles any day now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

You guys arw really tempting me to get audica

Standard move controllers ok? Dont need any other yokes?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Is there a version with good songs?

• Advertisement

bluewolf wrote: »
    You guys arw really tempting me to get audica

Standard move controllers ok? Dont need any other yokes?

Yep standard move controllers. The trigger is used so you need to hold them the "correct way" and it's a little bit less flexible than Beat Saber in that respect. But I've played Audica a ton this week and generally find it more satisfying than BS.
    Grayditch wrote: »
    Is there a version with good songs?

:confused: The Dragonforce song is better than anything on BS

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Considering getting a VR bundle for the house for Christmas, it will be a Santa gift.

The 2 kids it will be targeted at are 7 and 9, one boy one girl, so am conscious of age appropriate games included with the bundle.

I seen one on Amazon, but the games didn't look age appropriate, so basically I'm asking for anyone that may be able to point me in the right direction, or have any suggestions.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

I think the recommended minimum age for the VR is 10. Something to do with eyesight development.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I think the recommended minimum age for the VR is 10. Something to do with eyesight development.

PSVR warns that only children over 12 should use it I believe. I'd be very hesitant to allow anyone under 10 to use it.

However, Astrobot would be the go to game if anyone where to ignore such advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I wouldn't personally get one for kids so young. I actually struggled with VR and I'm a full grown adult. It can be very intense too, with some noticeable after effects after sessions. I would have thought that thirteen would even be quite young for it.

It's also a pretty high tech object, I'm not sure a 7 year old (or a 10 year old for that matter) would be able to sufficiently care for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Yep, read up on it, and I'm now thinking the console with the camera etc would be a much more suitable purchase.

Thanks guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,993 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Have a VR and the kids have used it the odd time.

They are 6 and 9.

I think its recommended for 12+ for vision reasons? Not sure but think I read it somewhere.

Also, the headset doesn't sit properly on smaller heads.

NIMAN wrote: »
    Have a VR and the kids have used it the odd time.

They are 6 and 9.

I think its recommended for 12+ for vision reasons? Not sure but think I read it somewhere.

Also, the headset doesn't sit properly on smaller heads.

Yeah it's to do with the risk of developing nearsightedness. But some articles I read say that the risk of that is higher with the use of smartphones etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Yeah it's to do with the risk of developing nearsightedness. But some articles I read say that the risk of that is higher with the use of smartphones etc..

I was speaking to a researcher in this field during the summer, her concerns were more around the unknown effects of such an immersive experience on a developing brain. As we move into teenage years we develop the capability to distinguish the difference between reality and "make believe". Children under 10 can struggle with this, and as such an experience in VR may have a greater impact on their growth as a person. The impact could obviously be positive or negative, but it is because the effects are unknown that she urged caution.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭coolisin

I was coming to post exactly what atomic pineapple has posted.
    Heard it discussed at a conference before and have read articles on the same.

Also I find the PSVR is def setup for a more adult size head. So not sure if a young kid can get the same experience.

Advertisement