Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Don't forget to come back and let us know if it's any good. Pretty sceptical of No Man's Sky after it's shambolic launch. I know they've turned it around in 2D since, but I suspect VR might follow the same pattern of being **** at launch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

mrcheez wrote: »
    Pro or OG PS4?

I'm OG. Ready in 5 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,810 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Ugh, only just started work so will be 10pm before I get to get lost. Stupid work.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I'm OG. Ready in 5 minutes.

nice one, same here, so interested to see what you think

A little blurry on OG but I don't mind that. Still trying to fix my ship up. I think I'll be losing a lot of time on this. Just playing with DS4 so I can get the hang of everything first. I had to wait in my ship for a toxic shower to pass. It was fantastic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

The VR Aspect of NMS has me excited - i've just bought the game for the 2nd time.

I had it at launch but traded it shortly after. Its at €19.99 now, and seems too good an opportunity to pass up

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Ugh, only just started work so will be 10pm before I get to get lost. Stupid work.

You start work at noon?

J Mysterio wrote: »
    You start work at noon?

Yup, 12-9 Tue-Sat. Great hours imo, as a singleton with no social life :D But hopefully changing soon to 8pm to 8am 3on4off, 4on3off.

Fixed my ship and went for a fly about. Holy Smokes!

How long will it take for a n00b to start flying in the ship?

Like is there a "Quick Race" equivalent once the game starts or do I need to spend ages faffing about first? :)

• Advertisement

mrcheez wrote: »
    How long will it take for a n00b to start flying in the ship?

Like is there a "Quick Race" equivalent once the game starts or do I need to spend ages faffing about first? :)

Unless they changed it, you spend the first 30 minutes or so gathering resources on your starting planet to fix your ship, and then you're off, but you can only travel to nearby systems (yellow stars) and as you upgrade/replace your ship, you can travel further to the red, then green then blue planets with 3 separate Hyperdrive upgrades.

However, you can start in the sandbox mode that gives you whatever you want to do whatever you wish with.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,970 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Hopefully this is a game changer (no pun intended) for NMS. I felt sorry for the team when it came out. They bit off more than they could chew and NOTHING could have lived up to the hype around it. It was amazing to see the CEO being interviewed on Stephen Colbert's show. (In fairness, Colbert is a HUGE unapologetic nerd). But other studios would have just abandoned it and moved on. Not Hello Games. So fair play to Sean Murray and his team. Well done and congrats.

However, you can start in the sandbox mode that gives you whatever you want to do whatever you wish with.

That's pretty much exactly what I'm looking for. I've got a huge backlog I'm gradually getting through so just want to be able to jump in/out of this as I get free time rather than invest a lifetime in it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

I played this tonight for the first time in a couple of years and it's wayyyyyyy better than I remember. The VR is class. It was a bit buggy when I got to the second planet in terms of jerky head movements so I had to stop, but I can see myself sinking a nice chunk of time into it over the next while!

They have fixes incoming

https://www.reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyTheGame/comments/cqir99/fixes_incoming/?st=jzchy1yp&sh=f0c2b5f7

I'm actually in the middle of finishing off another game so this is ideal for me, and I'll jump in once the PS4 patches have dropped

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭coolisin

I gave this a couple hours yesterday.
    Had to stop as the jerky motion was making my eyes sore also a little VR sick!!
    I turned off locked frame rate seemed to help.

Didn't realise you could use the moves until I had stopped playing.

But I'll dive back in need to fly that ship!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,377 ✭✭✭kerplun k

BoxVR, €20, save yourself a fortune on Gym membership. F**king sweating. Probably the most fun indoor workout I’ve ever had.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Still completely obsessed by Sairento, playing on Shin-obi difficulty is a fun challenge and the soundtrack is glorious.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Enjoyed the first mission in Blood And Truth, although I find the holographic sights really weird. It seems to float inside the metal sight and be a bit hard to control compared to a regular FPS, probably because the whole gun is being moved around.

Grayditch wrote: »
    Enjoyed the first mission in Blood And Truth, although I find the holographic sights really weird. It seems to float inside the metal sight and be a bit hard to control compared to a regular FPS, probably because the whole gun is being moved around.
    I rarely used the sights to be honest. sometimes putting the move sensor up that close to the lights on the helmet can cause some issues. maybe thats just me though!

• Advertisement

Yeah, I think just hit-and-hope is the best option.

I found the aiming in B&T was a lot more accurate when using the "proper" gun hold, ie: 2 hands.

I think I'm just not used to seeing the green holographic sight "go missing" within the main sights, but I've never played a game where I can turn the gun in 3d, so to speak so I think it does make sense.

I'll try hold it steadier and straighter with both hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Luap

Have the VR Mega Pack and want I am bringing it down to the parents house to show them.

What would be the best them to show them - they have no gaming experience just for a bit of craic. :D

Or anything on the store that I could purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Rdwrer

I always think Ocean Descent on VR Worlds is the best thing to show people first. Especially the shark one, but don't tell them about it :D

Luap wrote: »
    Have the VR Mega Pack and want I am bringing it down to the parents house to show them.

What would be the best them to show them - they have no gaming experience just for a bit of craic. :D

The Resi 7 Kitchen demo is great craic for scaring the absolute ring off people.

Luap wrote: »

The resident evil kitchen demo is good for these kind of situations.

The best game i've shown people is AstroBot Rescue. Everyone seems to have their minds blown by it.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

If you have move controllers, Superhot is a great one to demo, as their movements directly translate to what they see. (just make sure they use the wrist straps, don't want thrown controllers!)

Otherwise Astrobot, the Ocean dive one, or Wipeout Omega collection

beat saber obv

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Headmaster is an easy one to pick up and play for beginners

Advertisement