Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lessons you learned the hard way?

Options
  • 19-11-2019 8:09am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭

What are some lessons about life that you learned the hard way?

For me it was life is unfair and that's when I got relentlessly bullied in first year. Decided to fight back and push my bully till he fell over. Both of us got in trouble and my parents were giving out to me. Such bull****. Also learned when you think the you have it bad, life can stomp on you and make things 10x harder.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,396 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Don't eat yellow snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Don’t answer back to your parents. No matter what age you are! Sometimes the look back is worse than the back hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭tjhook

When your mother says "Don't be getting me anything" before her birthday or Christmas, she doesn't mean it!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Don't open that trap door
    Coz there's something down there

• Registered Users Posts: 11,200 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Be careful who you trust - some people are just not trustworthy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Ultimately, trust NO ONE.
    A trusting person is often mistaken for a fool, and everyone is out for themselves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Look to see who started the thread before opening it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

Look to see who started the thread before opening it.

Damn you for robbing my response

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭julyjane

That a person who's too into you at the beginning of a relationship is just acting and as soon as they have you reeled in they can make your life hell, while still putting on a front for the outside world that they're the perfect partner.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,938 ✭✭✭pgj2015

if you break up with someone, never go back to try again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭enfield

Let it be.
    I am not getting involved.
    Walk away.
    And a reply-"I don't have an opinion on that".

• Registered Users Posts: 24,281 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

RMAOK wrote: »
    Be careful who you trust - some people are just not trustworthy.

most people are not trustworthy

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Heard Dawn French say that as she ages she realised she doesn't have to put up with other people's crap. Lesson for all ages - just don't indulge drama.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Make sure your mickey is fully tucked in before zipping up your trousers.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

The entire banking system is corrupt, has led to people dieing (suicide or health stress- I’ve seen this first hand) , destroys families and is protected more then it’s Customers by the regulator. The fact that state money was used to bail it out protects it to a large degree as some people interpret this as “their money” so don’t care how banks act once it gets its money and makes money from customers.

But like the church scandals, we all bury our heads and leave banks to do what it wants cause we all have a vested interest to not really look closely at the banking system. Banks can do things that normal people end up in prison. It’s one of the many “do as we say not as we do” anomalies from the powers that be in western democracy’s.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭PringleDemon

Never rub another man's rhubarb

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

Make sure your mickey is fully tucked in before zipping up your trousers.

I sense there is a profound pain behind those words. I too have known this pain brother. ‘Tis the curse of the regally endowed.

Also, don’t loan money to people and then act all shocked when they never give it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,281 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Oink wrote: »
    I sense there is a profound pain behind those words. I too have known this pain brother. ‘Tis the curse of the regally endowed.

Also, don’t loan money to people and then act all shocked when they never give it back.

this

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Never accept a counter offer in the workplace unless you're deliberately trying to call their bluff.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,916 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

• Your plans are nonsense
    • You're wrong, in part or in whole, about 80% of the time
    • Most people are liars, who are concerned only with their position, rather than fact
    • Most people in authority haven't a clue what they're doing and just muddle through, hoping for the best, or they just don't care
    • There's really no such thing as an expert

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,938 ✭✭✭pgj2015

NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING, you will be wrong 99% of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Always remember that blood is thicker than water

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭dvdman1

Never to lose faith in humanity

SAMTALK wrote: »

Not always. Money seems to dilute water pretty quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭HBC08

Never EVER leap frog a unicorn.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Aceandstuff

That other people desperately want to see you doing worse than them, behaving worse than them, and having less than them. And they will try to tear you down.

That people who say that someone else "will do anything for you if you need help" will abuse your kindness.

That anyone who isn't an idiot is potentially malicious, and cannot be trusted.

That anyone who isn't malicious is potentially an idiot, and cannot be trusted.

That anyone who hasn't been in your shoes is blaming you for everything wrong in your life.

That you should never admit to being poor in a social situation, or being a woman on the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Aceandstuff

...And a "gay" rumour never goes away!

Never try to take your jumper off while driving

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭NuttyMcNutty

If your unsure about squeezing one out DON'T:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

SAMTALK wrote: »

But the blood of the covenant is thicker than the water of the womb.

Advertisement