Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: The Mandalorian [** Spoilers **] [Disney+] (US Pace)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Slydice wrote: »
    Not sure, this article has that one with three horns:
    https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Reek

Could be the female of the species so haha

Gonna make a safe prediction here.
    This episode will be received with delight it was what it was. And those unhappy it was too much of what it was :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

It felt like a Western right? I can't be the only one reminded of some feeling I used to have about Westerns?

It felt like a Western right? I can't be the only one reminded of some feeling I used to have about Westerns?

It’s not a reek. This guy would know.

https://twitter.com/philszostak/status/1195395770041565184?s=21

I don’t care either way. But that definitely looks like Boba Fett to me
    He’s even older and has a belly now.

• Advertisement

Pretty good. Small nitpick about the action again
    pen knife taking down that beast

That was a bit off. My pals are saying it was a needle type thing. Poison in it.
    But the stress of the encounter too maybe?
    Wouldn’t wonder too much on it. Best outcome was mando isn’t all powerful and invincible and the assist from the asset was the real point.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Yeah that seemed kinda odd. Gotta say, for such a short episode an awful lot of stuff happened.

Also what was the Indiana Jones reference? I saw it obviously... but my friend missed it..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Relikk

Also what was the Indiana Jones reference? I saw it obviously... but my friend missed it..

This sequence...

https://youtu.be/2tGDSAs_uU4?t=6m3s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,514 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Knife was a vibroblade you could see it vibrate.

On the tank. (In Indy)
    Hanging on a cannon. And an inevitable wall coming
    Where he’s to be squashed to death.

They replicated it perfectly. Someone said even the music is the same. Dunno about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

That was tremendous fun.

I have spoken.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭RickBlaine

I don't mind the short length. I'd rather that than have the episodes padded with unnecessary supporting characters and subplots.
    That being said, I'd love to binge watch the whole thing during a weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,888 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The baby looks like a cross between Gizmo from Gremlins and Deet from Dark Crystal:Age of Resistance. And the kid in the hover pod in Akira. :)
    Wonder how those mercenaries ended up with it.
    Was trying to think how he didn't know what was happening then realised with the timeline, he and his friend likely wouldn't know what the force is or the Jedi. May have heard stories but never witnessed first hand.
    I was having flashbacks to Super Star Wars trying to get on the Sandcrawler.
    One part where the effects looked a bit dodgy was when he threw the Jawa to the ground. If you watch he seems to disappear before he hits the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,374 ✭✭✭Homelander

RickBlaine wrote: »
    I don't mind the short length. I'd rather that than have the episodes padded with unnecessary supporting characters and subplots.
    That being said, I'd love to binge watch the whole thing during a weekend.

I agree...now. I was initially disaproving of the short length, but it's so perfectly to the point, that it's really, in the end, as good as any typical hour long episode of a given show.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,616 ✭✭✭Glebee

Brilliant episode, really enjoyed it. Its a pity there so short.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I am loving it so far. Great show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Martin Tyler AgueroooOO

Really liked episode 2.

I have to wonder if that is actually Pascal or just a stuntman and Pascal is just voicing the role.

Disney had a screener showing episode 1-3 to go along with the new star wars game that's out, so people should be wary of spoilers out there for episode 3.

• Advertisement

Yeah TMZ have a report spoiling the current and next episode.

Dick move

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Unpopular opinion: To say it was a complete rip-off of Indiana Jones is a stretch. Maybe a homage but saying it's a rip-off is going a bit far.

Unpopular opinion: To say it was a complete rip-off of Indiana Jones is a stretch. Maybe a homage but saying it's a rip-off is going a bit far.

Wasn’t a rip off at all. Total homage. Indy is an LF production too let’s not forget.
    There’s club Obi wan in Raiders and R2&3PO are heiroglyphs on I think it’s the ark? They’re stamped in gold on something in one of the Indy films.

This whole youngling thing will be interesting. If it's not in the new trilogy, then something must have happened to it, right? Wonder how they'll handle that since it's a "child" and this is Disney. Saying that they’re already making season two.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭RickBlaine

So many people online seem to think the child is baby Yoda. To be fair, I think it is an easy mistake for a casual viewer to make. He was the only main character from his species, and a lot of people wouldn't have read about the series beforehand or remember from the prequels that the stormtroopers were created when Yoda was already hundreds of years old,

Not to be backseat modding but I’d be hiding that in a spoiler tag to be fair.

This isn’t out until next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,374 ✭✭✭Homelander

What, the Yoda thing? That's not a spoiler, it would make absolutely no sense whatsoever to think that was baby Yoda, and even if you'd never watched Star Wars in your life, obviously the creators made Mandalorian knowing that the audience would generally understand that so it's hardly a spoiler.

That is akin to people watching the prequels and claiming that Obi Wan ends up being Darth Vader, and pointing out the absurdity of that claim being called a spoiler.

So the reveal at the end of the first episode being openly talked about here isn’t a spoiler?
    For series that hasn’t been broadcast here yet?
    If I wandered in this thread and saw that I’d be pissed. Everyone else has used spoiler tags or talked carefully around it.
    No skin off my nose I wouldn’t be doing it. Just a bit inconsiderate is all I’m saying.

It really needs a species name.

• Advertisement

Already calls for a movie

They’re making season two right now.

I’d rather it stayed series but who knows

Advertisement