Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: The Mandalorian [** Spoilers **] [Disney+] (US Pace)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,858 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Any chance of references to the new film/trailers be in spoiler tags as I'm avoiding any news of the film.
    Or I guess could just avoid this thread.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Any chance of references to the new film/trailers be in spoiler tags as I'm avoiding any news of the film.
    Or I guess could just avoid this thread.

If you can’t access the series I’d avoid all mentions of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,369 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Enjoyed episode 2 a bit more than episode 1.

Its only a 32 minute episode so that was a bit disappointing

Hmmm I don't see it available in my usual places

I have Disney +

• Advertisement

I have Disney +

Thought it wasn't available here until march?

Thought it wasn't available here until march?

I'm not here.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Why are the episodes so short?

That is disappointing thing when you take out credits both episodes probably have a 50 minutes of actual story between them.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,075 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

I sometimes wonder why tv made for streaming services has to be cut in 'episodes' at all. Okay they're releasing this one in installments, but for something like The Crown, why not just put out a ten-hour slab and let viewers break it up into whatever size chunks suits them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Admittedly based on a single episode, but there really isn't a lot to the show - so far. There's one character, who wears a bucket on his head, with everyone else basically orbiting him and just cyphers to get him to the next waypoint. Unless the show opens out - and there was no sign of some of the cast previously announced so it looks like it'll expand to some degree - I don't see the narrative bandwidth to accommodate a longer runtime TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

pixelburp wrote: »
    Admittedly based on a single episode, but there really isn't a lot to the show - so far. There's one character, who wears a bucket on his head, with everyone else basically orbiting him and just cyphers to get him to the next waypoint. Unless the show opens out - and there was no sign of some of the cast previously announced so it looks like it'll expand to some degree - I don't see the narrative bandwidth to accommodate a longer runtime TBH.

speaking as someone who's currently working their way through the prequel trilogy (trying to watch the first 8 before its conclusion), Mandalorians brevity and lack of waffling is refreshing.

I’m probably reaching but it could be a simple call back to Lucas love for old episodic serials like Flash Gordon.
    Keep it short sharp and punchy.
    I kinda like that it’s not padded out with filler and just gets to the point. Well. So far anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 16,075 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

speaking as someone who's currently working their way through the prequel trilogy

I'd only be able to endure that if I could get a cut where all the Anakin/Padme dialogue had been excised. Ideally replace all teenage Anakin scenes with a card that tells you what happens

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Hmmm I don't see it available in my usual places

Any sign on your usual places?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Relikk

It's starting to show up on the usual places now.
    pixelburp wrote: »
    Admittedly based on a single episode, but there really isn't a lot to the show - so far.

They could have at least elaborated on why the journey was impossible without a Blurrg after going to the trouble of including a training plot point. The journey could have been treacherous with some precarious pitfalls and near misses. That could have added a few minutes and some bonus tension. The running time was my only major gripe with the first episode (with the odd music being a minor gripe). There's only 8 episodes in the season, also.

Relikk wrote: »
    It's starting to show up on the usual places now.

They could have at least elaborated on why the journey was impossible without a Blurrg after going to the trouble of including a training plot point. The journey could have been treacherous with some precarious pitfalls and near misses. That could have added a few minutes and some bonus tension. The running time was my only major gripe with the first episode (with the odd music being a minor gripe). There's only 8 episodes in the season, also.

I took it to means they’d be spotted if they went by ship and shot to pieces before they got out. There were more than enough lads with blasters at the compound to spot a ship Coming and take them out

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Any sign on your usual places?

Just checked now, yes, in the last 30 mins

I guess people should use spoiler tags considering how difficult it is to view this at present?

Probably best for the few days after a new episode drops

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Relikk

I took it to means they’d be spotted if they went by ship and shot to pieces before they got out. There were more than enough lads with blasters at the compound to spot a ship Coming and take them out

Hmm, I didn't get that from it.
    He said "The way is impossible to pass without a Blurrg mount." I took that to mean the terrain was difficult. The Mandalorian landed a good bit away from the camp and started scouting the area, anyway. I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he wouldn't be stupid enough to fly straight into the surrounding area of the bounty, thus alerting the entire camp.

Relikk wrote: »
    Hmm, I didn't get that from it.
    He said "The way is impossible to pass without a Blurrg mount." I took that to mean the terrain was difficult. The Mandalorian landed a good bit away from the camp and started scouting the area, anyway. I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he wouldn't be stupid enough to fly straight into the surrounding area of the bounty, thus alerting the entire camp.

True. Probably just a way Filoni saw to tie into rebel and clone wars where those creatures have appeared before?
    They look dumb but it was a more suspenseful build up using them than his ship perhaps. They had that big mounted canon outside too so presumably that’s how the many bounty hunters who had died trying before went out.

Ah man. This is Star Wars. Loved this one. And the musics way way better.

And if you didn’t catch that shot/nod to Indiana Jones are you even real?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,365 ✭✭✭Homelander

First episode was good, enjoyed it, refreshingly straight forward and simple.....and delivered perfectly on the asthetic front.

The part where they're riding those creatures looked god-awful though, did anyone else notice that? Like CGI from the late 90's. In comparison the bounty droid combat (and most other aspects of the show) looked as good as any of the movies.

Bit disappointed with the length of the episodes though. At this rate there'll just be about 3.5-4 hours of actual material over the 8 episodes when you take out intros and credits. Might try and wait until they're all out and treat it like an extended movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DVD-Lots

Well that was a great ep, had a stupid grin on my face for most of it. The music was great in this one too. Yes I got the Indy reference straight away, hence the stupid grin. Too short dagnammit but a lot of fun.

DVD-Lots wrote: »
    Well that was a great ep, had a stupid grin on my face for most of it. The music was great in this one too. Yes I got the Indy reference straight away, hence the stupid grin. Too short dagnammit but a lot of fun.

I’m still grinning :)

That felt like the OT and loads of Elements from clone wars and rebels all blended into a new thing. But still pure Star Wars.
    no way is he handing over the baby now. You can see that from here.

And it’s quite mad that nick noltes performance (the nicknaut) is just so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

2: So good! Solid episode to get me hooked.
    There's no way he's gonna turn over the kid..
    I hope.

Also,
    Jawas are sooo strange
    . That scene where he had to crouch though was hilarious :D

Isn’t that big beasty one of the ones in attack of the clones in the collessium?

Earlier I had a look at who's involved in the episodes and two jumped out that I'm guessing will feel extra like the clone wars/rebels
    • 5 written & directed by Filoni himself (so.. there's gonna be some animals I'd guess)
    • 6 written by Christopher Yost who wroten a bunch of the Rebels episodes about The Mandalorians (https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1236653/)

• Advertisement

Isn’t that big beasty one of the ones in attack of the clones in the collessium?

Not sure, this article has that one with three horns:
    https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Reek

Advertisement