Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: The Mandalorian [** Spoilers **] [Disney+] (US Pace)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Am I the only one who enjoyed the music?

I did too, I thought the tune that played while they were riding the blurgs to the enemy camp was particularly cool, there was a chugging electric guitar buried in the mix that just made it sound badass.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

So the doctor seems to have something to do with the Cloners on Kamino
    Could be they want to experiment with the asset? The emblem on his arm is one worn by all clones

https://twitter.com/numidianprime/status/1194476747485536257?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Thought this was 7/10. It felt a bit disjointed to me. The first half, which I enjoyed, felt like the enigmatic bounty hunter show I was expecting, the second half which had him
    trying to learn to ride one of those Trexs felt like something out of City slickers. With the following team up with IG-11 feeling like something out of Guardians of the Galaxy with its banter.
    Neither approach is necessarily wrong they just didn't sit well together in its short 38 min run time. For me anyways. It's a fine line. If he was all taciturn badass ala boba it would be boring long term. But if they turn him into a bantering star lord they will undermine his Mandolorian origins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Also I know this is Star Wars
    but are we really meant to believe Yoda's species, long lived as they are, are helpless babies into their 50's.

but are we really meant to believe Yoda's species, long lived as they are, are helpless babies into their 50's.

That is a bit tricky.
    Yoda was training Padewans by the time he was 100. So perhaps the baby isn’t as infantile as it appears.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Loved it all, it has to appeal to viewers of all ages so I'll accept silly bit like trying to ride. Music and sound effects class.
    My daughters nearly exploded at the end scene

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Maybe that unit Yoda Species was in is some sort of cryogenesis unit

• Registered Users Posts: 11,010 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

After a day Disney+ already over 10 million sign-ups when independent analysts expected 8 million by the end of 2019.

I know it is a pain for those that weren't in the initial launch group but those numbers show just why they didn't wait until all the licenses and logistics were set before a worldwide launch.

Foxtrol wrote: »
    After a day Disney+ already over 10 million sign-ups when independent analysts expected 8 million by the end of 2019.

I know it is a pain for those that weren't in the initial launch group but those numbers show just why they didn't wait until all the licenses and logistics were set before a worldwide launch.

There were teething problems yesterday but sorted today. They’re on the ball anyways.

They’d be using a whole different set up of servers in Europe though no? Like once it rolled out everywhere we won’t all be going through the same ones I would have thought? Like Netflix have separate set ups in many regions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Almost feels like contract negotiation time for Filoni :)

There were teething problems yesterday but sorted today. They’re on the ball anyways.

They’d be using a whole different set up of servers in Europe though no? Like once it rolled out everywhere we won’t all be going through the same ones I would have thought? Like Netflix have separate set ups in many regions

Not sure on the back end, regarding servers etc, but presume the interface will be the same, like Netflix (or minimal enough that I at least haven't noticed Netflix differences). There will definitely be different content in each location, based on licensing and when they expire. I'd guess that as time passes that'll become more consistent everywhere.

If they were struggling with extra demand for just the initial release countries it is also probably best for them logistically that they did a phased roll-out. Given how much attention yesterday's issues got, it could have turned into a complete PR disaster for them, rather than a minor short term inconvenience.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Awwwww. The Mandaladorable :)

The kylo ren / first order theme plays a few times in this one episode.

We’ve been told we’ll see the origins of the first order in this.

It already fits and looks like a perfect fit in the galaxy.

Let’s see where they go.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,572 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

So watched this last night and have to say it was very good and there was even some humour in it too which is good as I thought it was going to be Star Wars version of Stargate Universe by being very dry and dull but not so which is good. Much better than I thought it would be. Be interesting to see how it progresses.
    As for the ending I kind of guessed that myself. Be interesting to see what happens next.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

That robot bounty hunter reminded me of a character out of Samurai Jack. Turns up for one episode. Has a unique way of fighting. Full of humour.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

That is a bit tricky.
    Yoda was training Padewans by the time he was 100. So perhaps the baby isn’t as infantile as it appears.
    Where did this appear, and is it still canon?

Burgo wrote: »
    Where did this appear, and is it still canon?

Well it’s in the films so yeah
    For 800 years Have I teached jedi/ when 900 years old you are look as good you will not

High praise from Herzog. I love his accent

https://twitter.com/crerrity/status/1194849776271069185?s=21

And Favreau from the set of season two

• Advertisement

I just can't wait to see Bill Burr

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

TBH, it just reads like breathless, hyperbolic hype. :)

But hey, it's Star Wars, so goes with the territory.

pixelburp wrote: »

Can’t agree in this case. The first episode was slated by many outlets in reviews.
    Almost all of them bitching they weren’t given screeners so that’s probably why

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Can’t agree in this case. The first episode was slated by many outlets in reviews.
    Almost all of them bitching they weren’t given screeners so that’s probably why

"People are going to lose their ****s over this. It’s so much bigger than I imagined. I am so pumped." sorry SMFFS, that absolutely reads like hype. And I haven't read any negative reviews myself - generally "yeah, it's OK, pretty decent", B to B+ level of praise, but then against hype like that tweet, everything else will read negative?

pixelburp wrote: »

Star Wars at this stage basically means either complete hype or absolute disgust... there is rarely middle

So is the new episode dropping at Midnight US time or early tomorrow morning I wonder

Ok now I see your point PB
    That said I want to believe
    https://twitter.com/germainlussier/status/1194876525209735169?s=21

I just can't wait to see Bill Burr

I just saw his characters name.
    I hope it’s real.

• Advertisement

I read it’s
    Mei Undeez