Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One year on from Ms Cash's impassioned speech

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

padd b1975 wrote: »
    I see she's back with the boyfriend now she's settled into her new house.

Plus ça change....

Don't forget he is the husband and in her words hasn't contributed a cent towards the kids.....

Well she is definitely right there as us tax payers are contributing 100%

The rest is profits from criminality.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Odelay

tuxy wrote: »
    You mean the man she has been married to since about 16 years old?
    Travellers don't divorce so she has no choice if she wants more kids.

She’s plenty of choice and you should know it well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,629 ✭✭✭corks finest

LuasSimon wrote:
    You could argue travellers are the most intelligent people in Ireland , never work and have lots more disposable cash and as good a house as the couple across the road where both are breaking their chops at work and they can’t afford to have children !

Agree 100 p.c.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,293 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Spending half her life on her back seems to have worked out well for Maggie, proof if it was even needed to convince the doubters that we have evolved into a welfare state.

Not bad going for someone who never did or ever will do a days work in her life.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 886 ✭✭✭NasserShammaz

Demonique wrote: »
    At this point banging her would be like throwing a hotdog down a subway tunnel

More like a sausage up o'Connell st....

Its 10/1 with the sperm donor back on the scene an eviction before Christmas is on the cards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Spending half her life on her back seems to have worked out well for Maggie,

Has it though? It must be non-stop even doing a bare-minimum job of raising* so many kids.

* even feeding, dressing, putting to bed etc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

padd b1975 wrote: »
    I see she's back with the boyfriend now she's settled into her new house.

Plus ça change....

That will change again shortly esp if she loses single parents allowance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭HorrorScope

KrustyUCC wrote: »

Surely a few complaints to SW can now be made for the fact she has stated herself he is moving back in? Any benefits at all that can be removed from her should be.

It'll make no difference. She will just get an increase for the husband.

You're prob right but sure apparently he has never contributed a penny not even for shoes or socks

Her being a single parent was always a joke esp as she was only a 'single parent' when he was in prison

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Y...

Her being a single parent was always a joke esp as she was only a 'single parent' when he was in prison

How can you be a single parent and constantly getting pregnant - she didn't do it by herself - they should chase the absentee fathers.

Just the one father as far as we know

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

How can you be a single parent and constantly getting pregnant - she didn't do it by herself - they should chase the absentee fathers.

Unusually in this scenario there is only one father which makes it worse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

He's the one doing the chasing only it's chasing old men with a rusty tent peg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Unusually in this scenario there is only one father which makes it worse

Not unusual at all for travellers.

Why? Isn't she responsible for her own body? Didn't women fight to control their own reproductive rights that men held? With rights come responsibilities.

The fact is that she's an adult, and should be held accountable for her own choices. That includes the choice not to use birth control or even better, to sterilize herself after... 1/2/3/4/...

Chasing he/them does nothing to change the source... and would probably cost even more to the taxpayer, with little chance of any actual return.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Why? Isn't she responsible for her own body? Didn't women fight to control their own reproductive rights that men held? With rights come responsibilities.

The fact is that she's an adult, and should be held accountable for her own choices. That includes the choice not to use birth control or even better, to sterilize herself after... 1/2/3/4/...

Chasing he/them does nothing to change the source... and would probably cost even more to the taxpayer, with little chance of any actual return.

Traveller culture doesn't allow her to make those decisions.

And besides, why would she change when she is being handsomely rewarded for having children by the State? Every time she has a child she gets a pay rise.

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Traveller culture doesn't allow her to make those decisions.

And besides, why would she change when she is being handsomely rewarded for having children by the State? Every time she has a child she gets a pay rise.

Culture is what is made of it. I know Traveller families where the wife rules the family with an Iron hand. The husband is beaten down, and only surfaces when away from her.. Not all Traveller families fit the above stereotype. There's a great variety in their backgrounds, and how they were brought up. It's a mistake to label them all as being powerless within their culture.

In any case, I genuinely don't give a damn. I've always said that Traveller culture has no place in a first world nation. If they wish to follow it, they can do so in parts of Africa where other similar primitive/barbaric cultures exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Dey do luv da angles.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

In any case, I genuinely don't give a damn. I've always said that Traveller culture has no place in a first world nation.

We are in agreement with the above statement.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

There's a catholic church planted idea in the psychology of many Irish people, especially those from a poor background that makes having children a badge of honour. The more the better. This is in the culture of some people.
    Maybe we need some similar movement to try overturn it?
    Capping children's allowance at two kids and capping the amount of housing list points you get after two kids, is still very generous and would help.

Nobody's rights are being attacked. Have as many kids as you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Guy Person wrote: »
    Ah yes. After the women cycling thread comes the traveller bashing one. What's next, trans people or immigrants?

in fairness this one is ok, also if an immigrant is giving hassle it's ok for a thread on that to, or if I, a humble white irish catholic of cromwellian protestant stock cause hassle then it's fine to discuss me also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭LuasSimon

The main thing is miss Cash or her man won’t work or be asked to work , in fact no traveller is expected to work but collect their welfare unquestioned each week ..... be very interesting to see what percentage of travellers work ?
    1% .. 2% ??

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

You're prob right but sure apparently he has never contributed a penny not even for shoes or socks

Neither has she by all accounts. She gets the 5 finger discount in Penney’s.

LuasSimon wrote: »
    The main thing is miss Cash or her man won’t work or be asked to work , in fact no traveller is expected to work but collect their welfare unquestioned each week ..... be very interesting to see what percentage of travellers work ?
    1% .. 2% ??

Your estimates are way too high- sure how would they find the time for genuine work amidst burgling, conning and terrorising/attacking the elderly?

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Neither has she by all accounts. She gets the 5 finger discount in Penney’s.

Now now "“The clothes were for the kids. I feel like I am being targeted. It is letting the Government off the hook.”

https://www.thesun.ie/news/3274135/margaret-cash-saint-avoiding-jail-penneys/

Poor Mags was very remorseful and the real victim after stealing the clothes from Penneys

Now now "“The clothes were for the kids. I feel like I am being targeted. It is letting the Government off the hook.”

https://www.thesun.ie/news/3274135/margaret-cash-saint-avoiding-jail-penneys/

Poor Mags was very remorseful and the real victim after stealing the clothes from Penneys

"I never claimed to be a saint" , she says it like thats the bar on morality, "well ive slippled below sainthood so may aswell commit every crime imaginable"

Always somebody elses fault for poor Mags

"Ms Cash rejected criticism that she was irresponsible to have so many children when she could not afford to do so. “I love my kids, I wouldn’t change them for the world or for a home. I don’t care what people say.

“I got some negative responses . It’s hard when you know you haven’t done anything wrong. I’m entitled to live my life, I’m entitled to buy my daughter a communion dress and to go for a few drinks with friends.

“I never said I was poor. I said I was homeless. I get benefits the same as everyone else. I just haven’t got enough to get a home.

“I saved hard to get my child that dress. I tried to make people aware of what’s going on in this country,” she added, referring to criticism by some on social media over the cost of her daughter’s First Holy Communion dress."

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/i-have-been-constantly-begging-for-help-margaret-cash-on-being-homeless-1.3598174

"Ms Cash rejected criticism that she was irresponsible to have so many children when she could not afford to do so. “I love my kids, I wouldn’t change them for the world or for a home. I don’t care what people say.

“I got some negative responses . It’s hard when you know you haven’t done anything wrong. I’m entitled to live my life, I’m entitled to buy my daughter a communion dress and to go for a few drinks with friends.

“I never said I was poor. I said I was homeless. I get benefits the same as everyone else. I just haven’t got enough to get a home.

“I saved hard to get my child that dress. I tried to make people aware of what’s going on in this country,” she added, referring to criticism by some on social media over the cost of her daughter’s First Holy Communion dress."

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/i-have-been-constantly-begging-for-help-margaret-cash-on-being-homeless-1.3598174

that one sentence tells you her mentality, people paying their own way just hasnt even entered her thought process.

• Advertisement

“I got some negative responses . It’s hard when you know you haven’t done anything wrong. I’m entitled to live my life, I’m entitledto buy my daughter a communion dress and to go for a few drinks with friends.

All you need to know about this dole sponging walking pregnancy machine in 4 words.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement