Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One year on from Ms Cash's impassioned speech

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

She was never homeless, god I hate that word thrown around....

She had the money to actually have a home but decided it be best to not pay her part and in doing so she now has to pay the princely sum of zero towards the rent....

And her mother also postponed inheritance to facilitate this. It was all planned before Margret turned 18, no wonder she started to get frustrated when it was taking longer than expected.

A pony is full grown, just smaller

It's a fully grown horse whose breed is called a Shetland pony

• Registered Users Posts: 5,190 ✭✭✭bobbyss

It is in the back garden of the property she is in in tallaght.

Sure her absolutely amazing husband is coming home to her also....

She is the fool that posts all to see so it's no secret...

ThIs is extradoniary. Again we don't know the details and i very much doubt it's thete all the time. But what about the poo? What about vet fees? What about the poor neighbours?

bobbyss wrote: »
    ThIs is extradoniary. Again we don't know the details and i very much doubt it's thete all the time. But what about the poo? What about vet fees? What about the poor neighbours?

What about them, she gets what she wants and she know exactly how to go about this.
    There is now a habitual criminal who attacked an old man with a tent peg not so long ago living in that household.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

You mad she wouldn't be paying, ever see those blue cross trucks, if she were that way kind to animals which many a traveller aren't.....

• Advertisement

I somehow doubt she will be putting it in her car and very much doubt she has a trailer....

The traditional method for travellers in my areas is to leave these animals on waste land for most of the year.

Missed that

It's still up, I got her address from her page just now. Google images does confirm that the poney is in her back garden in that image.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

tuxy wrote: »
    It's a shetland pony she purchased for her son.
    It's probably her garden.
    We don't know where the pony is kept most of the time. How much would it cost to stable a pony in Tallaght?
    Perhaps she can afford to keep the pony somewhere appropriate. What we sometimes forget is that although she was once homeless for a long period of time she was never broke(that's from the horse's mouth btw)

Stable fees would be 500 a month a few miles from Tallaght

• Registered Users Posts: 5,190 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Has the world gone mad?

• Advertisement

Within her budget so since she frequently posts pictures of items exceeding that vale that she has purchased. I still wouldn't be convinced she would be prepared to pay for it though.

Has the world gone mad?

If you were on €50k or more a year you would do the same if you had a fondness for ponies.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Within her budget so since she frequently posts pictures of items exceeding that vale that she has purchased. I still wouldn't be convinced she would be prepared to pay for it though.

Well, with her trackrecord , if she purchased it or not is up for debate

Penny's would want to be careful, Christmas is coming up and the angles will need new clothes.....

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Penny's would want to be careful, Christmas is coming up and the angles will need new clothes.....

I heard they've acute selection.

I do wonder when she has another football team equivalent of kids will she be back to tallaght Garda station to get her mansion....

She will need at least 10 bedrooms for the Childers....

Them angles need all the space for their playstation and Xboxes....

Penney’s don’t sell Levi’s.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Penney’s don’t sell Levi’s.

I saw that......meanwhile a purpose built 7 bedroom unit for special needs adults in Monaghan remains closed because we’ve no money to open it.
    It’s disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

splinter65 wrote: »
    I saw that......meanwhile a purpose built 7 bedroom unit for special needs adults in Monaghan remains closed because we’ve no money to open it.
    It’s disgusting.

I saw that last night and I'm furious about it - and I have no agenda as to that facility.

the fact that we can finance wasters like Cash and Co, and have an empty state of the art facility for special need adults is disgraceful - take away the extra week at Christmas for the wasters and give it to the facility - sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

I saw that last night and I'm furious about it - and I have no agenda as to that facility.

the fact that we can finance wasters like Cash and Co, and have an empty state of the art facility for special need adults is disgraceful - take away the extra week at Christmas for the wasters and give it to the facility - sorted.

Once a family totally reliant on SW payments JSA/OPF reach SW income in excess of the national average wage then their SW income should remain static at that amount. Huge savings can be made and redirected towards the vulnerable.

• Advertisement

splinter65 wrote: »
    Once a family totally reliant on SW payments JSA/OPF reach SW income in excess of the national average wage then their SW income should remain static at that amount. Huge savings can be made and redirected towards the vulnerable.

I don't think the limits should even be that high - where is the incentive to get up and work.

SW should only be a stop gap - not a lifestyle choice

I don't think the limits should even be that high - where is the incentive to get up and work.

SW should only be a stop gap - not a lifestyle choice

The level of social welfare would make no difference to how many children women like Cash have. She is a traveller and must follow traveller tradition, her daughter will be expected to do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,839 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

The councils won’t charge a reasonable rate of lpt. Outrageous welfare state! What do expect ? Wasters like cash not even paying whatever pittance in rent they are expected to pay with their free moment costing the council of taxpayer a fortune!

The level of social welfare would make no difference to how many children women like Cash have. She is a traveller and must follow traveller tradition, her daughter will be expected to do the same.

Then we need to break this cycle - capy child benefit at say, 5 children - no more. You want more, you find them.

So grants, payments, bedrooms, medical cards, everything etc are limited to 5 children - if you have more you totally fund them.

Then we need to break this cycle - capy child benefit at say, 5 children - no more. You want more, you find them.

So grants, payments, bedrooms, medical cards, everything etc are limited to 5 children - if you have more you totally fund them.

What cycle is there to break, travellers are now a recognised minority with their own traditions like this.
    So she still has loads of children and funds it with even more crime.
    Jails not an option, imagine trying to find foster care for 7 children that will despise the foster family.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Cap it at 2.

The cycle where is acceptable to procreate at will and expect someone else to feed clothe and educate them

The government need to change the rules and cap it - for everyone, not just travellers - if you are reliant on SW for everything, you don't get to sit on your hole, spitting out children and expect you and me to fund it.

The cycle where is acceptable to procreate at will and expect someone else to feed clothe and educate them

The government need to change the rules and cap it - for everyone, not just travellers - if you are reliant on SW for everything, you don't get to sit on your hole, spitting out children and expect you and me to fund it.

Yes but how exactly do you stop them from having more babies?
    Because this will not stop such people.
    I'm not sure I'm comfortable with the increase in crime rates and children in foster care growing up to resent society. Your "solution" costs more in the long run.

So, they can pick and choose what part of traveller culture suits them?

When I was growing up in 60’s Ireland, travellers had pride. They only asked for what they needed. Milk for the childer or a few sods of turf for the fire. Nowadays they take what they want and expect the robbin government to supply the essential. Horses were for pulling the caravan. Not for sulky racing.

• Advertisement

I can't believe people are so blind to their act....

Their wallets are flush with cash I come across many in work whom think it's fine to get everything for free and take exception when asked to pay....

They are an absolute scourge.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement