Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA (Club and Intercounty) Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

Kilkenny actually went through with hogans appeal, a gas bunch of lads down noreside.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    Kilkenny actually went through with hogans appeal, a gas bunch of lads down noreside.

Embarrassing stuff - good to see the appeal turned down:

Hogan fails in bid to have All-Ireland final red card overturned

https://hoganstand.com/Article/Index/305641

Its funny the likes of larkin and tyrell saying tipp lose tight games to kilkenny when actually any time tipp get on top in games kilkenny actually crumble and die without a fight, all 3 final losses in last decade of 8 points or more is embarrassing. Its been a great winter so far even had a wedding in kilkenny ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,559 ✭✭✭✭klose

Dominant stuff from commercials today against brakens to put it lightly, the range of scores they have from all about the pitch is very impressive. Can they win Munster again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Gentleman Off The Pitch

Its funny the likes of larkin and tyrell saying tipp lose tight games to kilkenny when actually any time tipp get on top in games kilkenny actually crumble and die without a fight, all 3 final losses in last decade of 8 points or more is embarrassing. Its been a great winter so far even had a wedding in kilkenny ha.
    I know there's been a few attempts by Tipp posters to rewrite history since the final, such as claims that Tipperary have been dominate over Kilkenny in recent history, so I'm not sure if that's what's happening here but to state that Kilkenny crumbled and died without a fight in 2010 is absolute bull****. Despite being hit with blow after blow at crucial times, Kilkenny came back into the game at least twice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭robbiezero

I know there's been a few attempts by Tipp posters to rewrite history since the final, such as claims that Tipperary have been dominate over Kilkenny in recent history, so I'm not sure if that's what's happening here but to state that Kilkenny crumbled and died without a fight in 2010 is absolute bull****. Despite being hit with blow after blow at crucial times, Kilkenny came back into the game at least twice.

True. Where in 2009 everything went wrong for Tipp, missed goals, sending off, bad penalty award, in 2010 everything went right for Tipp - Shefflin going off, goals at the right time etc. Kilkenny didn't crumble that day, it was an awesome Tipperary display, but KK fought to the bitter end. I remember thinking near the end - "Will you f**kers ever die", each goal was a hammer blow and yet they kept coming, It wasn't until Benny Dunnes point to put us 5 ahead with 2 minutes left, that I felt we had it.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kenyard

Munster Hurling Semi streams

Borrisoleigh v Glen Rovers
    https://youtu.be/6UJrvVJTVjg

Waterford’s Ballygunner vs Patrickswell of Limerick
    https://update.tg4.ie/en/live/home/

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭Ompala

Great win for Borrisoleigh. FT 1-17 to 3-08. Munster Final vs Ballygunner.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,168 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Where will the Munster final be? Its against Ballygunnar, so assume cork be neutral location for it

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭lonestar 74

Great win for Borris today. The final against Ballygunner in 2 weeks time. Young Devaney scored a great goal at the start of the second half which gave them a great lift (should have had a bigger lead at half time). Late on he also tracked back 50/60 metres and got in a vital hook when Borris were under pressure.

• Advertisement

Yes in recent history the last 2 finals tipp have been dominant over kilkenny, that is simply fact, i look forward to playing kilkenny these days, i dont care if you dont agree my opinions, roll on 2020 championship when i hope we will meet kilkenny again and beat them by 15 points this time. Kilkenny did crumble and die in 2016 and 2019, thats not up for debate. Its the **** talk from ex kilkenny players why it makes it alll the sweeter when we hammer kilkenny, you would never hear the vitriol coming from larkin tyrell etc from ex tipp players. How many more autobiographys are we going to see from kilkenny, embarrassing at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Paddico

klose wrote: »
    Dominant stuff from commercials today against brakens to put it lightly, the range of scores they have from all about the pitch is very impressive. Can they win Munster again?

Who do Commercials play next?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Charlie69

Yes in recent history the last 2 finals tipp have been dominant over kilkenny, that is simply fact, i look forward to playing kilkenny these days, i dont care if you dont agree my opinions, roll on 2020 championship when i hope we will meet kilkenny again and beat them by 15 points this time. Kilkenny did crumble and die in 2016 and 2019, thats not up for debate. Its the **** talk from ex kilkenny players why it makes it alll the sweeter when we hammer kilkenny, you would never hear the vitriol coming from larkin tyrell etc from ex tipp players. How many more autobiographys are we going to see from kilkenny, embarrassing at this stage.

Grow up man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Paddico

Actually with a quick search, found this

Clonmel Commercials (Tipperary) VS St. Joseph’s Miltown Malbay (Clare)
    Date 17/11
    Venue Miltown Malbay @ 1:30pm
    Ref: James Bermingham (Cork)

Charlie69 wrote: »
    Grow up man.

More in line to tell larkin and tyrell that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

More in line to tell larkin and tyrell that.

They’re trying to flog books! Have to have some controversy.
    Larkins sounds a bit more interesting to be fair

digzy wrote: »
    They’re trying to flog books! Have to have some controversy.
    Larkins sounds a bit more interesting to be fair

Don't remember Cummins stooping to that level, a phrase IL borrow from larkin. If you read some of the comments on the Kilkenny forum, 1 guy suggested our corner back should have been in jail during the all Ireland. All I do is state facts and I won't hide my dislike of Kilkenny, the crap that bwas talked on thebgaa forum before the all Ireland was very disrespectful to one of the greatest teams we have produced, a few haven't logged in since, Kilkenny has lost a alotnof respect since the final with all the ex players denying the red card and appealing it just shows their mindset, I stopped posting on Kilkenny forum as it was borderline trolling but I sure as hell won't stop posting here when all I'm doing is stating facts. Some of the might not remember Eddie Brennan in the Luas mouthing at tipp fans either years ago, I don't know ex players from any other county who carry in like some of the Kilkenny crowd with trying to insult players from other counties, Tyrrell said they would ntb drink tipperary spring water FFS and if car had tipp reg his uncle wouldn't service it, think was his uncle the mechanic. Just some if the reasons for my sentiments.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭conor05

Don't remember Cummins stooping to that level, a phrase IL borrow from larkin. If you read some of the comments on the Kilkenny forum, 1 guy suggested our corner back should have been in jail during the all Ireland. All I do is state facts and I won't hide my dislike of Kilkenny, the crap that bwas talked on thebgaa forum before the all Ireland was very disrespectful to one of the greatest teams we have produced, a few haven't logged in since, Kilkenny has lost a alotnof respect since the final with all the ex players denying the red card and appealing it just shows their mindset, I stopped posting on Kilkenny forum as it was borderline trolling but I sure as hell won't stop posting here when all I'm doing is stating facts. Some of the might not remember Eddie Brennan in the Luas mouthing at tipp fans either years ago, I don't know ex players from any other county who carry in like some of the Kilkenny crowd with trying to insult players from other counties, Tyrrell said they would ntb drink tipperary spring water FFS and if car had tipp reg his uncle wouldn't service it, think was his uncle the mechanic. Just some if the reasons for my sentiments.

Tyrell and Eddie don’t like Tipp, same way as you don’t like Kilkenny. So fu*c*ing what!

Life isn’t all hugs and kisses everyone having to like eachother.

If the KK lads want to express it openly so be it, you’ve expressed your dislike for Kilkenny openly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

Well there is a player that’s very lucky he isn’t locked the cars have been in the media
    They have to stir it to sell books I guess

conor05 wrote: »
    Tyrell and Eddie don’t like Tipp, same way as you don’t like Kilkenny. So fu*c*ing what!

Life isn’t all hugs and kisses everyone having to like eachother.

If the KK lads want to express it openly so be it, you’ve expressed your dislike for Kilkenny openly.

That's my point players should have more respect than some random anonymous person like me, not a hard concept to grasp that only Kilkenny players fail to understand. way to miss a point .Even derekbmcgrath said in buildup to final, Tyrrell's comments would be a motivating factor for tipp.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Gentleman Off The Pitch

A post from the bowels of the Premiersewer if ever there was one. I too log on there when i feel my hatred of Tipp waning due for example meeting one of the many sound Tipp people I know and after merely seconds of reading the Kilkenny obsessed bile there, my hatred is restored. Ultimately such bitterness is not good for the soul though, so it'd be nice if you kept that bile there and not spew it on this forum

A post from the bowels of the Premiersewer if ever there was one. I too log on there when i feel my hatred of Tipp waning due for example meeting one of the many sound Tipp people I know and after merely seconds of reading the Kilkenny obsessed bile there, my hatred is restored. Ultimately such bitterness is not good for the soul though, so it'd be nice if you kept that bile there and not spew it on this forum

Is anything I said there untrue, please point it out for me like a good man, it's bile from ex Kilkenny players keeps my dislike strong, have you read the Kilkenny bforum lately, Barrett went down to get Hogan sent off and paudie Maher goes down to get lads sent off, some even reckoned sheedybsentbtipp out to dive this year, it's hilarious the delusion in Kilkenny, biggest sore losers in the gas, everything ivvsaid is fact. Btw this is a tipp bforum your on at 739 am, I think it's you who have the obsession.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,722 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Tyrell is obviously an idiot and there's a few more of them also but i wouldn't be losing any sleep over them.

He's trying to make a name for himself and as his game analysis is really weak he has to deflect by stoking up controversy. Made giving them a hammering in August all the more sweeter. I've met a few KK players over the years so I don't think he's a reflection on the majority for me the likes of JJ and Sheflin are gentlemen.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Agree shefflin, walsh,cha fitz etc always came across as sound down to earth individuals ,walsh was at our club and couldnt have been sounder, its only brennan tyrell and larkin im really talking about, anyway enough said on my part so i will leave it at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭thesultan

Larkin was right about all that finger pointing bull**** Tipp were at in 2010

Happened on one occasion throughout the year, disingenuous to say 2010 as if it was going on in every match. Its the smallest things that seem to upset Larkin.

thesultan wrote: »

Why is he getting triggered by finger pointing in all fairness??? He is making himself look very silly to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭lonestar 74

thesultan wrote: »

When the stripy men are moaning they must be losing. Their pain made all the more unbeatable when defeat is their lot against blue and gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

ALLIANZ HURLING LEAGUE

DIVISION ONE GROUP A

Round One - Saturday January 25

Tipperary v Limerick in Thurles at 5/7pm - tbc

No other Tipperary league fixtures available yet (which is a joke!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭1373

Happened on one occasion throughout the year, disingenuous to say 2010 as if it was going on in every match. Its the smallest things that seem to upset Larkin.

It’s no wonder, tommy Walsh gave him a “kick in the head” in training one evening

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement