Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Duffy98 wrote: »
    If you think Coldplay are going to rock up to Pair ui caoimh on monday to announce a after a long hiatus a gig you have got to be joking. Wouldnt be worth there time why would they play down in Cork when theres an 80k stadium up the road that they could sell out in 10 minutes. I doubt any major act would want to play Cork to be honest when they know theres an 80k stadium up the road and plus Dublin has everything an Artist wants hotels , facilites etc. Cork has none of that and thats why the pool of acts is actually relativley small that they can choose from in reality.
    You've never been to Cork, have you?

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

If you think Coldplay are going to rock up to Pair ui caoimh on monday to announce a after a long hiatus a gig you have got to be joking. Wouldnt be worth there time why would they play down in Cork when theres an 80k stadium up the road that they could sell out in 10 minutes. I doubt any major act would want to play Cork to be honest when they know theres an 80k stadium up the road and plus Dublin has everything an Artist wants hotels , facilites etc. Cork has none of that and thats why the pool of acts is actually relativley small that they can choose from in reality.

The ignorance

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

Shedite27 wrote: »
    You've never been to Cork, have you?
    I actually live in Cork thats why I gave my opinion , what act chooses to play pairc ui caoimh over Croke Park? Id say its an independent park gig cause it would be in the papers by now who the act was , i wouldnt be surprised if its Niall Horan considering all the acts thryve booked for next year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

Is there any Croke Park concerts for 2020?

Usually end of November for the announcments there if previous years are anything to go by and if memory serves me right.
    I imagine Coldplay if they come to Ireland will play there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

Walking on Cars are playing Trinity Summer Series on 3rd July

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,689 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

I actually live in Cork thats why I gave my opinion , what act chooses to play pairc ui caoimh over Croke Park? Id say its an independent park gig cause it would be in the papers by now who the act was , i wouldnt be surprised if its Niall Horan considering all the acts thryve booked for next year

One who could realistically sell out PUC but not Croke Park presumably?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MOR316

I find it a shame personally.

Used to have U2, Michael Jackson, Prince, Oasis, Springsteen play down there.
    Love the City of Cork

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Mushy wrote: »
    Yeah, wish cork had a hotel or two.or facilities...whatever you mean by that.

The pool of acts is small cos Ireland is a small market for big acts, so course they wouldn't really bother with a second city here.

Weird it's on in the Met hotel. Is there an indication it's even a pairc ui chaoimh gig (bar it being "major")?

For what it's worth - and he might be wrong on this - but the Examiner's arts editor tweeted during the week and said that it'll be another sell out for "Musgrave Park".

He didn't mention the act - said he was sworn to secrecy - and he may have just assumed the venue but I'd say Independent Park might be more likely that PUC on that basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

MOR316 wrote: »
    I find it a shame personally.

Used to have U2, Michael Jackson, Prince, Oasis, Springsteen play down there.
    Love the City of Cork

Hardly a regular occurrence though. You've gone back over 3 decades there!

Cork is a great city though agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭fafy

dragonfly! wrote: »
    Usually end of November for the announcments there if previous years are anything to go by and if memory serves me right.
    I imagine Coldplay if they come to Ireland will play there

I’d say Slane for Coldplay. They were tentatively scheduled to play there a few years back, but didn’t work out. Even when they had a support slot there in 2001, they were excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MOR316

The Nal wrote: »
    Hardly a regular occurrence though. You've gone back over 3 decades there!

Cork is a great city though agree.

True but, I always liked the idea of say seeing U2 down there or Michael Jackson down there or Prince etc. Big world renowned stars, one quite possibly the biggest ever, down in Pairic Ui Chaoimh. Was something different and dare I say "special" about it.

A part from the fact it's a great city, I guess from my perspective it's part of it is the familiarity of an event always in Dublin, when Cork is just as good.

The Marquee is a great idea, or was until recently. Seems a lot of acts drying up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Maiden have confirmed all 2020 dates today, they are here in June anyway unless you'd be perplexed to think it was in another country or something :pac:

What are you on about?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,353 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

BadTurtle wrote: »
    What are you on about?

Their only Irish date will be Belsonic in Belfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,530 ✭✭✭dasdog

Hot 8 Brass Band are playing The Academy on March 1st.

They played a stormer of a set of New Orleans jazz/hiphop/funk in the Button Factory during the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭julyjane

Nowso wrote: »
    Gerry Cinnamon has just announced a Hampden park gig Sat 18th July , Glasgow next year - after cork last summer and 3 arena the other night it could be him
    as much as I would love it to be him he's playing the o2 in Bournemouth Monday evening he'd hardly be in cork at 11am Monday would he?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,434 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

julyjane wrote: »
    as much as I would love it to be him he's playing the o2 in Bournemouth Monday evening he'd hardly be in cork at 11am Monday would he?

it is possible

• Registered Users Posts: 85,505 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Forget my previous suggestion of Michael BublNiall Horan is on the late late show tonight. That's probably the Cork announcement for Monday.

Would Niall fill PUC on his own?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Lizzo is in Dublin 2m night....she might pop down to cork Monday and announce!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Rfrip wrote: »
    Lizzo is in Dublin 2m night....she might pop down to cork Monday and announce!

That would be awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭Zardoz

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Would Niall fill PUC on his own?

Nope a hope in hell.
    His US tour went on sale yesterday ,he has sold feck all.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Zardoz wrote: »
    Nope a hope in hell.

Don't underestimate the young ones.

Rumour mill has thrown Chemical brothers into the mix for this now too apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,505 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Zardoz wrote: »
    Nope a hope in hell.

His US tour is joint with Lewis Capaldi

• Registered Users Posts: 21,207 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Rumour mill has thrown Chemical brothers into the mix for this now too apparently.

Thatd be class. Cant see them being there to announce it though. Niall Horan on Graham Norton, said euro tour being announced soon so would seem fitting

• Registered Users Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭Zardoz

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    His US tour is joint with Lewis Capaldi

No,Horan is the main act, Capaldi is supporting.

I don't understand the logic of the tour ,Horans last tour in the US struggled badly in medium sized venues and now he is playing full sized arenas .

• Registered Users Posts: 26 keithrevenge

David Gray is the announcement for Cork Monday in Independent park .Niall Horan,Gerry Cinnamon and Capaldi have been mentioned for other dates in Independent park Cork also.

Capaldi, Horan, Cinnamon etc. wouldnt be surprising considering the lack of imagination thats gone into bookings so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,689 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

David Gray is the announcement for Cork Monday in Independent park .Niall Horan,Gerry Cinnamon and Capaldi have been mentioned for other dates in Independent park Cork also.

Capaldi already announced for Independent Park. Playing on 18th June.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

Source? Hes already playing 3 dates in the 3arena next year , i wouldnt be surprised though if it was him with the way mcd are booking the acts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,478 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Source? Hes already playing 3 dates in the 3arena next year , i wouldnt be surprised though if it was him with the way mcd are booking the acts

And none of those gigs aren't sold out either.

Advertisement