Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

David Gray only played Cork in July and has 3 shows in the 3 Arena next year. Wouldn't mind if it was him, he played an excellent show in the Marquee this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭fafy

David Gray only played Cork in July and has 3 shows in the 3 Arena next year. Wouldn't mind if it was him, he played an excellent show in the Marquee this year.

His gigs this year are “White Ladder”album in full, and with original band members. People forget, that album is THE biggest selling album in Ireland of all time, which is the reason the 3arena demand, was so strong. He’l sell out Independant Park no problem, if it is him

• Registered Users Posts: 11,651 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

fafy wrote: »
    His gigs this year are “White Ladder”album in full, and with original band members. People forget, that album is THE biggest selling album in Ireland of all time, which is the reason the 3arena demand, was so strong. He’l sell out Independant Park no problem, if it is him

The 3Arena isn't sold out. They've sold very well but not fully. There is no logic on the back of those three gigs not being sold out to announced a fourth gig.

The 3Arena isn't sold out. They've sold very well but not fully. There is no logic on the back of those three gigs not being sold out to announced a fourth gig.

It remains to be confirmed if it is him, but definite logic, to announce a gig down south, when demand is so strong, and will be, throughout the country for this alltime best selling album in Ireland, to be played in full, and 5 months to sell tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

It remains to be confirmed if it is him, but definite logic, to announce a gig down south, when demand is so strong, and will be, throughout the country for this alltime best selling album in Ireland, to be played in full, and 5 months to sell tickets.
    God love us whats with booking acts to play all over the country for next year its a joke acts playing 2 gigs in belfast 2 in Dublin 1 in Cork in one year? Would they not broaden a bit in who they are booking , we shouldnt be getting too excited for tomorrow it will no doubt be a dissapointment as per usual

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

David Grey ?? ffs.. howabout David Byrne instead. He's touring. sick of all these has been mickey mouse artists. Micks have no taste!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭Shedite27

• Registered Users Posts: 26 keithrevenge

Woops I forgot Capaldi had already announced.The artists I listed were mentioned to me by a person or 2 I know in the business a few weeks back.As far as I'm aware David Gray is supposed to be in Cork at 1pm tomorrow .If I'm wrong then sorry in advance,was just passing on what I had heard.Gonna be a lot of Concert announcements in next few weeks.Disturbed are in talks to do a date in Ireland in June(source-my buddy works for the band),A-ha are also in talks for a date next year even though they only played here last week(source-friend on tour with them).

• Registered Users Posts: 85,887 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

David Gray is the announcement for Cork Monday in Independent park .Niall Horan,Gerry Cinnamon and Capaldi have been mentioned for other dates in Independent park Cork also.

I thought it was only PUC gigs that gets the media special press announcements with the artist not IIP gigs in Cork

Did David Gray sell out his last LATM gig?

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Dissapointed but not surprised he must be short a few bob playing what is it 6/7 gigs here in the space of a year give me a break what is it with all these acts playing multiple shows here in the space of a year like the Capaldi's , Hollands , Gallaghers why are we now a country where acts collect their pocket change it's ridiculous it's sad how decent acts are overlooked and has been / overrated acts are booked constantly im curious what crap theyll be announcing soon for the xmas market

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I thought it was only PUC gigs that gets the media special press announcements with the artist not IIP gigs in Cork

Did David Gray sell out his last LATM gig?
    It's because it's the final independent park gig so they've to create a bit of fake hype if MCD just announced it on their socials it wouldnt be talked about or known as much by the average person so theyve to make a big deal out of it to boost ticket sales , it's worked because everyones talking about it , all the slots have been filled cause there only allowed 5 gigs for the year is the agreement they have with the residents they must not have hit their financial targets if they went all safe this year , hopefully malahide gets a decent act or they announce a slane or rds gig

Duffy98 wrote: »
    It's because it's the final independent park gig so they've to create a bit of fake hype if MCD just announced it on their socials it wouldnt be talked about or known as much by the average person so theyve to make a big deal out of it to boost ticket sales , it's worked because everyones talking about it , all the slots have been filled cause there only allowed 5 gigs for the year is the agreement they have with the residents they must not have hit their financial targets if they went all safe this year , hopefully malahide gets a decent act or they announce a slane or rds gig

They had 6 gigs there last year, over a 7 day period, the gig listing currently for 2020 is 10 days, from 1st to last gig, which might mean more than 6 this year.

Tenacious D 10th of Febuary 2020 thats more like it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,737 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

They had 6 gigs there last year, over a 7 day period, the gig listing currently for 2020 is 10 days, from 1st to last gig, which might mean more than 6 this year.

Could just be that's when the artists they wanted were touring. But wouldn't be surprised if there were a few more gigs alright

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭laros

Ian Dempsy mentioned on the radio this morning that Lizzo had visited Malahide Castle at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,738 ✭✭✭hynesie08

The 3 arena???? That's....... Ambitious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

hynesie08 wrote: »

Think I remember them selling it out fairly easily the last time they were here

hynesie08 wrote: »
    I dont think it is to be honest , they arent playing any U.K shows on this tour so a lot of the uk fans will travel to Dublin to see them so theres no reason why it wouldnt be the three. A lot of foreign fans will come over for the irish show in particular

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭DylanB85

On a Monday ugh

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭PaulieC

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    Think I remember them selling it out fairly easily the last time they were here

IIRC the last time they played here was in the Academy. Previous to that was the 3 Arena which had a pretty healthy crowd. Before that again was the RDS which was also pretty full. New album is a bit more low key though so probably get a smaller crowd in, which is fine as it means less hassle trying to get tickets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭julyjane

any white smoke from Cork yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,261 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

julyjane wrote: »
    any white smoke from Cork yet?

Its 1pm I think

• Registered Users Posts: 5,262 ✭✭✭Cody montana

It’s going to be disappointing!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭bennyl10

It’s a solo artist playing Cork.
    One seat at the presser

Deacon Blue playing Ulster Hall on 2 November and Olympia on 3 November.

It’s going to be disappointing!

Guess to people who buy the tickets it won't be. Personal music taste is just that. All relative sure

• Registered Users Posts: 21,261 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Eod100 wrote: »
    Guess to people who buy the tickets it won't be. Personal music taste is just that. All relative sure

I dunno, a person playing a 5th gig in the country and it being in Musgrave and being classed as 'major' is the disappointment

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

David Gray.

David Gray it is. Madness.

• Advertisement

Mushy wrote: »
    I dunno, a person playing a 5th gig in the country and it being in Musgrave and being classed as 'major' is the disappointment

I get that argument, now that it's confirmed too. Just got sense people were going to be disappointed anyways. Think promoter going vot specific set of acts so people probably looking in wrong place if they thought different acts.

Advertisement