Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,636 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Billy Joel is Aiken so it wont be him

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Daft punk I’m hearing

• Registered Users Posts: 85,887 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Lennon Stella playing The Academy Dublin February 26th

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭DarMul17

I was thinking it could be U2 for Cork but they are down under on tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭fafy

DarMul17 wrote: »
    I was thinking it could be U2 for Cork but they are down under on tour.

They won’t be back playing here, until 2021 at the very earliest. 13 gigs played on this island, in 4 years,(2015 to 2018) we all need a break !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

I doubt its anyone massive , youd have heard rumours about it by now usually the gigs leaked in the papers e.g Slane , all the croke gigs even the westlife ones so im guessing its not a big act

• Registered Users Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I hope your right.Where did you hear that?
    Total guess

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Duffy98 wrote: »
    I doubt its anyone massive , youd have heard rumours about it by now usually the gigs leaked in the papers e.g Slane , all the croke gigs even the westlife ones so im guessing its not a big act

Exactly, it’s not going to be anyone huge.

Standard PuC level of act.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

Niall Horan is doing a string of US dates until May 2020
    Would it be him?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Michael Buble just announced a US tour today.

He has played here 3 times in the last 18 months so I'd assume its not him.

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Lionel Richie for PUC?
    hes playing stannes in Dublin do doubt would need a press conference

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Exactly, it’s not going to be anyone huge.

Standard PuC level of act.
    Last PUC were Westlife, Ed Sheehan, Rod Stewart, Bruce Springsteen - what do you consider their “standard” level to be at?

For those in the industry, what other acts had Press Conferences to announce gigs? It’s not a standard thing is it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Michael Buble just announced a US tour today.

He has played here 3 times in the last 18 months so I'd assume its not him.

It could very well be him. He has a concert in Germany on Sunday night. So that could explain a lunchtime start for the announcements on Monday. Get him over on Monday morning. I hope it's him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Would it be Iron Maiden?

It could very well be him. He has a concert in Germany on Sunday night. So that could explain a lunchtime start for the announcements on Monday. Get him over on Monday morning. I hope it's him.
    Don't jinx it hes played here 5 times in 2 years

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Suckit wrote: »
    Would it be Iron Maiden?

Cant see it, the previous bookings have been safe MOR pop or rock gigs. They're unlikely to risk offending the masses by booking anything that you cant find on CD in Tesco.

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Cant see it, the previous bookings have been safe MOR pop or rock gigs. They're unlikely to risk offending the masses by booking anything that you cant find on CD in Tesco.
    Best comment ive seen in ages hahaha

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

Gerry Cinnamon has just announced a Hampden park gig Sat 18th July , Glasgow next year - after cork last summer and 3 arena the other night it could be him

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

:D
    So Westlife Reunion..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,357 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Maiden have confirmed all 2020 dates today, they are here in June anyway unless you'd be perplexed to think it was in another country or something :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,156 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Could the cork gig be Paul McCartney

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭TheJet

PTH2009 wrote: »

or Coldplay? They have a new album due out soon.

TheJet wrote: »
    or Coldplay? They have a new album due out soon.
    If you think Coldplay are going to rock up to Pair ui caoimh on monday to announce a after a long hiatus a gig you have got to be joking. Wouldnt be worth there time why would they play down in Cork when theres an 80k stadium up the road that they could sell out in 10 minutes. I doubt any major act would want to play Cork to be honest when they know theres an 80k stadium up the road and plus Dublin has everything an Artist wants hotels , facilites etc. Cork has none of that and thats why the pool of acts is actually relativley small that they can choose from in reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

PTH2009 wrote: »

McCartney would be an Aiken gig.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭spindex

McCartney would be an Aiken gig.

So your saying McCarthy is playing the marquee, great stuff, any date set yet ??

• Registered Users Posts: 85,887 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

th?id=OIP.bPpGd1TwtgRZQnbtwpvIvAHaEK&pid=Api&P=0&w=295&h=167

Is there any Croke Park concerts for 2020?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,156 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Is there any Croke Park concerts for 2020?

hard to knw

Are there any big enough acts touring next summer that would sell a place like Croke Park. Not even fully sell it out sell enough to keep the promoters happy

Will there be a Slane 2020 ??

• Registered Users Posts: 21,269 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Duffy98 wrote: »
    If you think Coldplay are going to rock up to Pair ui caoimh on monday to announce a after a long hiatus a gig you have got to be joking. Wouldnt be worth there time why would they play down in Cork when theres an 80k stadium up the road that they could sell out in 10 minutes. I doubt any major act would want to play Cork to be honest when they know theres an 80k stadium up the road and plus Dublin has everything an Artist wants hotels , facilites etc. Cork has none of that and thats why the pool of acts is actually relativley small that they can choose from in reality.

Yeah, wish cork had a hotel or two.or facilities...whatever you mean by that.

The pool of acts is small cos Ireland is a small market for big acts, so course they wouldn't really bother with a second city here.

Weird it's on in the Met hotel. Is there an indication it's even a pairc ui chaoimh gig (bar it being "major")?

• Advertisement

Forget my previous suggestion of Michael Bublé. Niall Horan is on the late late show tonight. That's probably the Cork announcement for Monday.

Advertisement