Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭fafy

Duffy98 wrote: »
    I was using Liam as an example but you can clearly see that Capaldi and the likes are constantly booked to make money hes playing here what like 8 times between now and july next year don't you think hes been here enough. yeah it would be nice to have a proper act like , I want an act who are/is talented , large enough discography not a vanilla act like what theyve booked it's not a lot to ask for i'd have even taken Sam Fender now that would be ambitious for a 12k arena but a least he has something about him can't say a lot for some acts i know musics subjective but it's not hard to see some acts are just all hype and fairly bland

I notice the start and end dates of Independant park 2020, cover 9days, versus 7 this year which had 6 gigs, so plenty of room for some decent announcements, anything is better than the 4 announced so far- diabolical- for kids only.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,357 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

I was using Liam as an example but you can clearly see that Capaldi and the likes are constantly booked to make money hes playing here what like 8 times between now and july next year don't you think hes been here enough.

When Liam G finishes his shows here this month he'll have played here 8 times in 2 years so...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,597 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

When Liam G finishes his shows here this month he'll have played here 8 times in 2 years so...

He’s not far behind Nile Rodgers lol

• Registered Users Posts: 10,333 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

fafy wrote: »
    I notice the start and end dates of Independant park 2020, cover 9days, versus 7 this year which had 6 gigs, so plenty of room for some decent announcements, anything is better than the 4 announced so far- diabolical- for kids only.

…. but adult prices ……………………… :rolleyes:

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Hopefully with the majority of the ****e bedwetters playing the Independent Park, the Marquee can go out in a blaze of glory and book, I dunno, TWO half decent acts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,539 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Rage Against the Machine?

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Penfailed wrote: »
    Rage Against the Machine?

It would be 10 years since they last played(which was glorious imo). Opening with Testify just sets the tone for the gig

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

It would be 10 years since they last played(which was glorious imo). Opening with Testify just sets the tone for the gig
    They are playing a couple of dates including Coachella , thats what GnR did when they first reunited so hopefully they come to Europe

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

My Chemical Romance could be a shout for next year, seeing as they've announced their reunion.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,156 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    My Chemical Romance could be a shout for next year, seeing as they've announced their reunion.

Ill go for old times. The hella mega tour and My chemical romance in 2020, 15 year old me will jump with excitement ha

RATM at the RDS next summer ? The type of gamble promoters might take. The venue has a sort of rock feel to it in recent years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭rockterrain

laros wrote: »
    YES are playing Vicar St 7th June 2020 playing Relayer album in full plus other tracks.
    "The Album Series 2020 Tour will feature YES‘ 1974 Relayer album in its entirety together with a selection of other classic YES favourites."

This is good news

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭julyjane

Is Gerry Cinnamon likely to announce any Irish dates for 2020? I'm getting serious FOMO looking at instastories from the 3 arena last night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Greg81

PTH2009 wrote: »
    RATM at the RDS next summer ? The type of gamble promoters might take. The venue has a sort of rock feel to it in recent years

I think they re-activated only for few gigs in North America.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Greg81 wrote: »
    I think they re-activated only for few gigs in North America.

So did GN'R and that spun out into the Not In This Lifetime... Tour

• Registered Users Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭Shedite27

julyjane wrote: »
    Is Gerry Cinnamon likely to announce any Irish dates for 2020? I'm getting serious FOMO looking at instastories from the 3 arena last night
    After the hype he got this weekend, he'll definitely be getting something arranged for Christmas market

Lionel Richie St Annes June 6th 2020

Hans Zimmer 2nd March 2021 is it not a bit early to be announcing gigs for 2021 who can plan that far ahead?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

The Chainsmokers will play the 3Arena on Sunday October 18th 2020 as part of their European Headline Arena Tour.

RuPaul's Drag Race 2020 has just been announced for the 3Arena on Sunday May 17th 2020 as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭mrk75

Wilco playing this festival in England over weekend of June 19-21:

https://blackdeerfestival.com/

Hopefully this time around they'll make it here. Just hope it isn't a crummy festival slot....

• Advertisement

That be a good laugh for one of the Irish dependent Park gigs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭lc180

Hans Zimmer 2nd March 2021 is it not a bit early to be announcing gigs for 2021 who can plan that far ahead?

Announcing a Tuesday night gig 16 months in advance. Gotta love the Germans and their organisational skills :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

lc180 wrote: »
    Announcing a Tuesday night gig 16 months in advance. Gotta love the Germans and their organisational skills :)

And hes been here loads over the last few years!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

dragonfly! wrote: »
    And he's been here loads over the last few years!

Although - to the surprise and dismay of some - he was not actually at the "World of Hans Zimmer" show in the 3Arena last March.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,636 ✭✭✭Zardoz

lc180 wrote: »

Its that time of year ,the run up to Christmas ,when promoters feel the need to put everything they can on sale.
    All the junk will be unloaded in the coming 6 weeks .

Zardoz wrote: »
    Its that time of year ,the run up to Christmas ,when promoters feel the need to put everything they can on sale.
    All the junk will be unloaded in the coming 6 weeks .

Michael Buble and co will out of the xmas caves soon

No new massive stadium gigs announced for here yet since Westlife in Cork

My chemical romance headlining Download Australia

So they be fools not to tour Europe. Whether it will be an extensive tour or just a few select dates. I can't imagine Dublin been top of there list

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭DylanB85

My chemical romance headlining Download Australia

So they be fools not to tour Europe. Whether it will be an extensive tour or just a few select dates. I can't imagine Dublin been top of there list

Could easily see them headlining Reading/Leeds fest

DylanB85 wrote: »
    Could easily see them headlining Reading/Leeds fest
    Acts that headline Reading and Leeds tend to play dates at the RDS , we saw that this year with Foo Fighters and Post Malone , I can imagine the crowd that bought tickets to see Green Day in June ( Im going myself ) would definitley go to see them , after coming back from a large hiatus like theres would bring a lot of hype they would definitley shift tickets and a lot of foriegn fans would travel to Dublin as well to see them theyve a huge following

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Acts that headline Reading and Leeds tend to play dates at the RDS , we saw that this year with Foo Fighters and Post Malone , I can imagine the crowd that bought tickets to see Green Day in June ( Im going myself ) would definitley go to see them , after coming back from a large hiatus like theres would bring a lot of hype they would definitley shift tickets and a lot of foriegn fans would travel to Dublin as well to see them theyve a huge following

I'm counting on this since they announced the LA gig!! There's been a huge wave of support and excitement since Hallowe'en. Especially after the announcement of their last album only being a greatest hits. People want more

Advertisement