Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GN Toilets

Options

Comments

Frankly, I find you efforts to try to imply that "women are just as bad" extremely offensive.

Oh no! You are offended!!!!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

Gender neutral toilet's, I think it's ridiculous.

Obviously it's an idea dreamed up by some sociology professors who's moral leaning could be questionable.

She wasn’t forced out of her job? She chose to resign, says so in the article and all (surprised they included it actually as it’s usually some half-baked attempt to wind people up so they leave out stuff like that and allow the reader to think the person was fired) -

Ms McCarthy-Calvert has since resigned from the organisation, but told MailOnline that she was "very disappointed" with its response.

Oh ffs.

I know you aren't that naïve

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Over the last 24 hours there have been 3 cases on the news.
    a. Two boys who lured a girl to an isolated place to rape and murder her.
    b. A boy who purposely lured a woman so her could slit her throat and left her for dead.
    c. A man who abducted a woman off the street and murdered her.

Frankly, I find you efforts to try to imply that "women are just as bad" extremely offensive.

I never attempted to imply any such thing. If anyone is attempting to imply anything, it’s people who are suggesting that inmates who are transgender should not be housed in women’s prisons due to the perceived increased risk they present to female inmates safety. The three problems with that perception are that

1. There is no evidence to support the idea that people who are transgender present a danger to women solely by virtue of their being transgender.

2. Sexual predators don’t need to go to the trouble of identifying themselves as women in order to have access to women, let alone commit crimes to be sent to prison in order to have access to female inmates who -

3. Are far more likely to kick the living shìt out of them because female on female physical and sexual abuse and violence is already rife in women’s prisons among the inmates themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,842 ✭✭✭Cordell

Since all genders are equal, equally good and equally bad, they should do away with men and women prisons and just have gender neutral prisons. Problem solved, right?

• Advertisement

Oh ffs.

I know you aren't that naïve

I would be naive if I was to take that posters point at face value. For example if I say something so moronically stupid that draws attention to myself on social media and relates to the job I do which reflects badly on the organisation I work for, I should absolutely expect disciplinary action, up to and including being fired, if I don’t choose to resign first.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

Cordell wrote: »
    Since all genders are equal, equally good and equally bad, they should do away with men and women prisons and just have gender neutral prisons. Problem solved, right?

What you say make's sense if that's what these schizophrenics are suggesting, saying we're all equal etc

But rational men and women know that men and women are different from each other, different skills, strengths etc

When you're dealing with people who are not rational it's like dealing with narcissism, they're like a dog with a bone.

They're always winner's, even when you loose you're a winner remember that.

This equality started to spawn in the late 90's

I know women who are better than men at a lot of things, and men who are better than women at a lot of things.

It means everyone is capable of their best effort.

We should be all responsible for our good and bad.

I'm not equal to anyone else, I'm who I am make my own decisions and actions, I'm responsible for the outcome of my decisions in life.

If I **** up, I deserve the outcome and rightly so.

This pandering to social justice warriors and victim's of their lack of responsibility is dying rapidly.

Ricky Gervais is very popular and at the moment he's slating these numptys saying it as it is Kudos to him.

More than likely there's a witch hunt out for him on Twitter, they probably won't ban him.

Trump had a load of new age witches trying to put a spell on wtf

One already exists in the UK, and it presents as one would expect, it’s own... unique, set of problems. The biggest (and no pun intended) problem for the ladies appears to be that the prison food appears to be far too much to their liking, so much so that they’re finding it difficult to get clothes that fit -

Women losing prison flab battle

I can imagine it being an issue upon release if they aren’t able to fit out through the gates...

Aaannnd I’m going to hell :pac:

EDIT: Actually, on a more serious note -

HMP Peterborough inmates were illegally strip-searched

The Ministry of Justice (MoJ) failed to prevent systemic breaches of inmates human rights when they were unlawfully strip searched at a privately-run jail.

The searches involved four inmates at HMP Peterborough in 2017, including one inmate who was menstruating.

Sodexo runs the prison and admitted it had breached MoJ privacy rules through its failure to properly train staff.

The MoJ should have had effective safeguards in place against privacy breaches, the High Court has ruled.

The inmates involved in the strip searches in July and September 2017 were three women and a transgender prisoner, who was transitioning from female to male.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

I'd be interested to know whether Joeytheparrot agrees with putting rapists into women's prisons, and how many sexual assaults he thinks would be OK as a result?

It seems to me one side of this debate always work desperately hard not to answer simple questions like this. Yes or no would do, but we won't get a straight answer, you can be absolutely sure of that.
    What on earth?

This is just ridiculous and not grounded in reality at all

A) perhaps you completely missed all of the canpaigning for gender neutral toys.
    B) Nobody absolutely nobody has surgery to make their trans identity socially acceptable. Its frankly a compleyely bizarre and off the wall utter nonsensical statement.

Nice of you to reappear. Any chance you could answer the question that was asked of you earlier?

Or are you to conveniently ignore it again?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

That poster said "I" three times. Hardly an awful lot.

Most parents let children explore, but it is a bad parent that lets children make their own decisions.
    It's a post laced with my road or the high road. Not sure I agree on the decisions claim. Allowing them come to an informed decision is a good life skill. Making those possibilities available is good parenting.

• Advertisement

is_that_so wrote: »
    It's a post laced with my road or the high road. Not sure I agree on the decisions claim. Allowing them come to an informed decision is a good life skill. Making those possibilities available is good parenting.

You will/should be the one who is informing your child so their "informed decision" would be your own decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

You will/should be the one who is informing your child so their "informed decision" would be your own decision.
    Nah -> You have €1. These all cost €1 , which do you want?

is_that_so wrote: »

You’re probably aware that ideas about what constitutes either ‘good’ or ‘bad’ parenting varies as much as individuals themselves, so what constitutes an idea of good parenting from your perspective - I fundamentally disagree with the idea of allowing for a child being able to choose their preferred gender and to validate their beliefs is IMO an utter abdication of parental responsibility.

Having said that, I also believe it is a parents fundamental right to raise their children according to their beliefs and values, and therefore even though I personally disagree with the idea of encouraging children to “explore their gender identity” (I think it’s bollocks, frankly), I would be against the idea of criminalising parents for it, as I don’t believe that would be acting in the children’s best interests either to impose upon the relationship they have with their parents, or in extreme circumstances to remove them from their parents care completely. I don’t believe that actually is acting in the child’s best interests, even though I find their parents ideology, or values and beliefs, nauseating.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭SoupMonster

Oh no! You are offended!!!!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I also find a lot of the long-winded, self-contradictory, sanctimonious, misogynistic, incel-inspired bull**** posts mildly annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Invisibleman

I also find a lot of the long-winded, self-contradictory, sanctimonious, misogynistic, incel-inspired bull**** posts mildly annoying.

are you saying misogynistic because of the womens toilets are usually dirtier ?
    This is very true, all the ladies in my office say so, and they are all the messiest in the tea room aswell.
    I was surprised to hear that myself but it's the truth, i used to work in a bar for years and the ladies was always miles worse aswell

Denmark made prisons mixed sex in 2000 and by 2014 they realised it was not working. The prison estate is mixed with separate wings but some mixed social areas. 25% of female prisoners have been abused by male prisoners.

The chair of the Prisons Union confirms that they are unable to adequately protect women and that they will need to go single sex again. There are now new prisons being built to fully segregate the sexes

The Minister of Justice looks favorably at women's prison

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭rECTAL fLAKE

Wasn't there something with Charlize Theron where she said in an interview, I knew my child was supposed to be a boy (can't remember which way the child switched- could have changed to a girl) when he turned around at three years old and said he was. I mean that is just ridiculous. Whatever about an adult deciding but treating your child like an adult that's making an informed decision and actively encouraging it is actually really sad for the child. The adult should know better. When they're at a young age you're supposed to be the one that knows better and guides them along when they need it.

Can you point out some misogynistic incel-inspired posts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭rECTAL fLAKE

With regards to female toilets. When I was a teenager two of my friends worked as glass collectors in a nightclub and said the staff would draw straws for who had to clean the female toilets at the end of the night they were that bad.

DanDan6592 wrote: »
    Nice of you to reappear. Any chance you could answer the question that was asked of you earlier?

Or are you to conveniently ignore it again?

For clarity, here's a list of men who claim to be women.
    Should these transgender rapists, paedophiles, sexual offenders and violent criminals be allowed to self-ID their way into women's prisons?

Nobody is demanding* an answer, but it would be nice to get the moderator's view on
    a. Is it permissible to call these men "men"?
    b. Is it permissible to refer to them as "he"?
    c. Should these men be housed in the female prison estate?

• Advertisement

Denmark made prisons mixed sex in 2000 and by 2014 they realised it was not working. The prison estate is mixed with separate wings but some mixed social areas. 25% of female prisoners have been abused by male prisoners.

The chair of the Prisons Union confirms that they are unable to adequately protect women and that they will need to go single sex again. There are now new prisons being built to fully segregate the sexes

The Minister of Justice looks favorably at women's prison

Can you clarify where you read that, because the only mention of a 25% figure I can find is this -

25% of female prisoners have experienced sexual harassment, such as unwanted comments, heckles and touches during confinement. It shows one of the results of a not yet published user survey carried out by the criminal authorities among the prisoners in Danish prisons and detention centres.

Reverting to single-sex prisons wasn’t because anyone realised it wasn’t working, but rather because it is argued that they don’t offer women opportunities for rehabilitation and preparation for integrating back into society upon release. The point was also made that single-sex women’s prisons would mean women were closer to their families, and the other point being made was that the female inmates would be less dependent upon the male inmates either for protection or prostitution.

EDIT: For what it’s worth -

Sexual abuse is 'part and parcel' of prison life, with staff harassing female inmates in exchange for drugs, cigarettes and even early release, according to former prisoners.

Female ex-inmates talk about prison abuse

Can you point out some misogynistic incel-inspired posts?

You can't guess?

You can't guess?

If there was any, I have honestly missed them or didn't pay any heed to them.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

I see people are whinging over toilets that anyone can go to.

Go in, take your piss or your ****e, flush, wash your hands, leave. Grand job.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Can you clarify where you read that, because the only mention of a 25% figure I can find is this -

25% of female prisoners have experienced sexual harassment, such as unwanted comments, heckles and touches during confinement. It shows one of the results of a not yet published user survey carried out by the criminal authorities among the prisoners in Danish prisons and detention centres.

Reverting to single-sex prisons wasn’t because anyone realised it wasn’t working, but rather because it is argued that they don’t offer women opportunities for rehabilitation and preparation for integrating back into society upon release. The point was also made that single-sex women’s prisons would mean women were closer to their families, and the other point being made was that the female inmates would be less dependent upon the male inmates either for protection or prostitution.

EDIT: For what it’s worth -

Sexual abuse is 'part and parcel' of prison life, with staff harassing female inmates in exchange for drugs, cigarettes and even early release, according to former prisoners.

Female ex-inmates talk about prison abuse

Yeah, that's also known as abuse and exploitation. Im guessing the women have little choice, being locked up and all. Doesn't seem like it's working that well to me

I suppose you'll say its grand, the women are choosing to prostitute themselves for protection or whatever else. You're wrong.

I already posted the stats showing that male prisons are far more violent than womens ones. And also that more than 99% of incarcerated sex offenders are male. And also that over 80% of female prisoners are there for non violent offence. Stop trying to say that women are just as bad. They just arent

Faugheen wrote: »
    I see people are whinging over toilets that anyone can go to.

Go in, take your piss or your ****e, flush, wash your hands, leave. Grand job.

Nobody is complaining about unisex toilets. It's more of a fact that existing facilities which are gender specific are being used by people who are not the correct gender while claiming that they are.

It is the insanity of being expected to accept something that is not true is what people are "whinging" about.

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    Yeah, that's whats known as abuse and exploitation. Doesn't seem like it's working that well to me

It clearly isn’t working.

This isn’t due to mixing inmates who are transgender with inmates who aren’t. In case you missed it earlier too it was a female inmate who identified as male was among those illegally strip-searched by staff at the mixed-sex prison. In that guardian article, again it is the staff who are primarily implicated in single-sex prisons for being a threat to inmates welfare.

The point I made earlier still stands - people who are transgender aren’t a threat to anyone solely by virtue of their being transgender. Sexual predators on the other hand, regardless of their gender, are a threat to society and should be fcuked off to their own remote island seeing as the State is still obligated to acknowledge their human rights. At least there they could only be a danger to themselves, and I can’t say I’d give a shìte for how that would turn out.

It’s not that I don’t care about women or I don’t care about men or I don’t care about children. I just don’t care about people who abuse and exploit other people, regardless of their gender, sex, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

It clearly isn’t working.

This isn’t due to mixing inmates who are transgender with inmates who aren’t. In case you missed it earlier too it was a female inmate who identified as male was among those illegally strip-searched by staff at the mixed-sex prison. In that guardian article, again it is the staff who are primarily implicated in single-sex prisons for being a threat to inmates welfare.

The point I made earlier still stands - people who are transgender aren’t a threat to anyone solely by virtue of their being transgender. Sexual predators on the other hand, regardless of their gender, are a threat to society and should be fcuked off to their own remote island seeing as the State is still obligated to acknowledge their human rights. At least there they could only be a danger to themselves, and I can’t say I’d give a shìte for how that would turn out.

It’s not that I don’t care about women or I don’t care about men or I don’t care about children. I just don’t care about people who abuse and exploit other people, regardless of their gender, sex, etc.

Who said they are a threat because they are transgender? Males are a threat to females in prison, solely because of their sex. Their self identified gender doesn't come into it. The 1 in 50 males in UK prisons identifying as women would be a threat to women if they were transferred to female institutions, even if they arent all sex offenders (although they are over represented in that figure). Because they are male and should not be put with females simply because of their self declaration that they are women. I'm not sure how you can dispute that.

I suppose you'll say its grand, the women are choosing to prostitute themselves for protection or whatever else. You're wrong.

I already posted the stats showing that male prisons are far more violent than womens ones. And also that more than 99% of incarcerated sex offenders are male. And also that over 80% of female prisoners are there for non violent offence. Stop trying to say that women are just as bad. They just arent

You’ve edited your post while I was responding, and frankly you can suppose what you like. I don’t have to defend anything I haven’t said, least of all your supposition of what I might say and then telling me I’m wrong, when it’s your supposition in the first place :pac:

I’ve also clarified earlier that I have never tried to say women are “just as bad”, because I never made any comparison in the first place. I was talking specifically about female sex offenders (the ones who we know of at least), and female inmates. You compared them with men off your own back. I’m not taking responsibility for anything you tried to imply. That’s all on you.

• Advertisement

Who said they are a threat because they are transgender? Males are a threat to females in prison, solely because of their sex. Their self identified gender doesn't come into it. The 1 in 50 males in UK prisons identifying as women would be a threat to women if they were transferred to female institutions, even if they arent all sex offenders (although they are over represented in that figure). Because they are male and should not be put with females simply because of their self declaration that they are women. I'm not sure how you can dispute that.

Oh we’re not saying people who are transgender are a threat to women in prison now then? Cool, that’s grand so. I’m done here then, because that’s the only point I was disputing.

I don’t think males are a threat to women solely by virtue of their sex either, but that’s a different discussion for another thread entirely, or a whole different jurisdiction which only exists in your own mind where the principle of the presumption of innocence doesn’t appear to apply.

Advertisement