Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conor McGregor thread (MMA Talk Only - Read 1st Post Before Posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

So Conor stayed home to concentrate on his training. Exactly as I predicted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

So Conor stayed home to concentrate on his training. Exactly as I predicted.

What's he training for?
    At the end of this interview after the Diaz / Masvidal stoppage, Dana White says there are no fights lined up for Conor, nothing agreed, nothing on offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

dashoonage wrote: »
    Ya but do you prefer McGregor clean shaven or not ?

shaved like a boy?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭robwen

His outlined 3 fight season plan looks ruined

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Yeah, he just doesn't have the sway he used to have with the UFC now. He used to call the shots and get what he wanted. Get the feeling that Dana is kinda sick of him at this stage. There's other fights that will sell, albeit not as big as a McGregor fight, but seems like they've moved on. They were successful pre McGregor and they'll continue to be without him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,544 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

robwen wrote: »
    His outlined 3 fight season plan looks ruined

I really really really hope they don't sign off on a fight with Jorge at 170, would be an absolute massacre. I'd be happy with a fight with Cowboy and just take it from there. Cowboy will be no walkover but will sore what 2020 will look like for Conor.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,544 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

^^^^

Conor's last line of his comment sounds like someone who thought the ship was going to wait for him, but it looks to have sailed and left him standing on the dock.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Yeah looks like dana is done with conor. No trying to defend him when asked the question

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Sounds like he's aiming for the trilogy now, or just trying to get people to talk about him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

Would it be possible that people just see it as too much of an investment to organise an event he is involved in and too much of a risk that he is either incarcerated or intoxicated?

Is he now begging for fights that two years ago would have been a dead cert once he offered them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭str8talkingguy

I think he must a just been putting out Jan 18th to try to affect some lenancy in the court case just gone,they did use the line how it would affect his career going forward in court.

Now that its done i think he will probably fade away,at least until something gives with these allegations,either way the UFC aren't gonna book him in any fights,going on what Dana just said.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,412 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Is he mentally and physically up to it now.

His lifestyle now would be a pproblem if he was was playing Junior B football.

Recent interviews etc don't show a great passion, dont show hunger or even conviction.

Pun intended.

Nevermind the Ufc maybe having moved on from him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

What did Dana say? I’m waiting till kids go to bed to watch last nights show.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭BSK

Conor says January 18th, Kavanagh says fight announced soon, Ariel Helwani says there was no UFC event in January but they made one for Conor and now Dana says they never even talked?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,412 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

BSK wrote: »
    Conor says January 18th, Kavanagh says fight announced soon, Ariel Helwani says there was no UFC event in January but they made one for Conor and now Dana says they never even talked?

Some needed clarity on the situation, thank you.
    😉

• Registered Users Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Seriously doubt the UFC will book him for a fight with outside issues hanging over him. I think McGregor is just keeping his name out there with the fight talk

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

RoryMac wrote: »
    Seriously doubt the UFC will book him for a fight with outside issues hanging over him. I think McGregor is just keeping his name out there with the fight talk

Issue. There's only one left. Money will sort that out.

Effects wrote: »
    Issue. There's only one left. Money will sort that out.

Conor is in no position to make the demands like before. Offering his purse to charity is, imo, a desperate attempt to keep himself relevant, which now he is not.
    With all of the issues hanging over him, long spell out of the ring, not defending his belts, losses etc he is not as investable as before.
    Sad really, he was exciting to watch, hilarious / cringey in equal measure to listen to.
    Now he he gets in the news for all the wrong reasons.

BDI wrote: »
    What did Dana say? I’m waiting till kids go to bed to watch last nights show.
    "There is literally nothing done" - "There is literally nothing going on with Conor McGregor right now"

- Dana White 02.11.19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Lads, the UFC or Dana has no morals, if and when Conor wants to fight he will fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭BSK

K.Flyer wrote: »
    - Dana White 02.11.19

He did say after next weekend he will start on it or something like that

Just watching Masvidal being interviewed by Ariel and Chael and at 5.15 he references Conor as "McTapper", Ariel goes on to ask him would he fight Conor..

BSK wrote: »
    He did say after next weekend he will start on it or something like that

No he didn't, at least not in relation to Conor, he said at the end, "..nothing is going on right now, and when there is I'll let you guys know"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

McGregor tweeting about ordering Chicken and Soda from Burger King ... soda?

Anway, see Masvidal mentioned the Marble Arch bout:

https://twitter.com/MMAjunkie/status/1190987582873710592

• Registered Users Posts: 39,114 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

McGregor tweeting about ordering Chicken and Soda from Burger King ... soda?

Soda is what American call soft drinks. Surely you knew that :confused:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

3 piece and a soda is a line Masvidal uses, McGregor was saying it for that reason

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

As I see, have never heard Masvidal say it - just thought McG was Americanizing his tweet for his stateside fans :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

As I see, have never heard Masvidal say it - just thought McG was Americanizing his tweet for his stateside fans :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Still Ill

He's just pathetic at this stage.. Talking **** on Twitter without any sign of a fight. Honestly cannot see him winning any decent match up. He'd beat Cowboy and that's about it.

Advertisement