Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conor McGregor thread (MMA Talk Only - Read 1st Post Before Posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Gingerbeard just posted from NYC. Conor must be there?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,543 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Gingerbeard just posted from NYC. Conor must be there?

Hopefully, would be great if he attended the card, get back in the mix of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Hopefully, would be great if he attended the card, get back in the mix of things.

Reckon if he attends he will only get himself into another little problem. It probably won’t escalate to the level of him getting arrested again, but almost definitely there will be an altercation with another fighter, as they almost all despise him now. Probably better for him not to attend.
    Even at the group pressers in future, think there will be a group level disgust directed towards Conor from the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Reckon if he attends he will only get himself into another little problem. It probably won’t escalate to the level of him getting arrested again, but almost definitely there will be an altercation with another fighter, as they almost all despise him now. Probably better for him not to attend.
    Even at the group pressers in future, think there will be a group level disgust directed towards Conor from the rest.

You're clueless. They'll all want to be on the same press conference as him

US2 wrote: »
    You're clueless. They'll all want to be on the same press conference as him

You’re the clueless one. You’re a dimwit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Probably better for him not to attend.

Why would he not attend? He'll do whatever he can to build his brand.

Effects wrote: »
    Why would he not attend? He'll do whatever he can to build his brand.

Because he will probably get into yet another situation. More than like an altercation with another fighter or someone like Ali.
    His next 2 or 3 fights that he says he will do in 2920, their outcomes and the way he conducts himself in their before and after is what will rebuild his brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Because he will probably get into yet another situation. More than like an altercation with another fighter or someone like Ali.
    His next 2 or 3 fights that he says he will do in 2920, their outcomes and the way he conducts himself in their before and after is what will rebuild his brand.

Nothing wrong with an 'altercation' as long as no punches or bottles thrown. He will have to attend at some stage. Why not now?

Because he will probably get into yet another situation.

Those situations are what gets people talking about him.
    If he just sits in the crowd, keeps his mouth shut, and watches the fights then no one can write anything about him.

Effects wrote: »
    Those situations are what gets people talking about him.
    If he just sits in the crowd, keeps his mouth shut, and watches the fights then no one can write anything about him.

Maybe so. I just think he needs to keep the head low for a while, and get back to serious training, which he seems to be doing. He has a lot of enemies now in the sport. I might be wrong but he doesn’t seem to be able to mingle and gang around in vicinity of other fighters at these big events, the way the likes of Holloway, Ferguson, Khabib even Diaz can. With Conor there needs to be a team of security guards around. And I remember ufc 200 when he attended, and stood in way of others during the main fights. If I was other fighter/celeb even wealthy person in them seats I wouldn’t have liked that. Am all for participating in the atmosphere of the crowd but not having some fella in my area thinking they are special.

• Advertisement

Maybe so. I just think he needs to keep the head low for a while, and get back to serious training, which he seems to be doing. He has a lot of enemies now in the sport. I might be wrong but he doesn’t seem to be able to mingle and gang around in vicinity of other fighters at these big events, the way the likes of Holloway, Ferguson, Khabib even Diaz can. With Conor there needs to be a team of security guards around. And I remember ufc 200 when he attended, and stood in way of others during the main fights. If I was other fighter/celeb even wealthy person in them seats I wouldn’t have liked that. Am all for participating in the atmosphere of the crowd but not having some fella in my area thinking they are special.

By that line of thinking you are sayn he suld never attend.

joeguevara wrote: »

Yep he should be training 24/7

Maybe so. I just think he needs to keep the head low for a while, and get back to serious training, which he seems to be doing. He has a lot of enemies now in the sport.

Agree. Also 244 is such a big fun special event, with Nate and Jorge, co-main and rest of card getting a lot of attention and kudos. So far it's pretty (fighter) drama free and good natured. It would be really horrible to steal their light. Bad enough Colby is trying.

Since he became a huge star, I’ve only seen him attend ufc200. Although he did behave himself at that he looked bit silly the way he stood out to watch the Aldo/Edgar fight.
    He behaved himself at the last Bellator in Dublin a few weeks ago. But others in last couple of years he didn’t, and just came across as pure stupid the way he went over the top celebrating him mates winning.
    I don’t think he will attend tonight, but maybe he will.

Cali_girl wrote: »
    Agree. Also 244 is such a big fun special event, with Nate and Jorge, co-main and rest of card getting a lot of attention and kudos. So far it's pretty (fighter) drama free and good natured. It would be really horrible to steal their light. Bad enough Colby is trying.

I like the character that Colby has created. It’s funny and entertaining, very different to Conor of few years ago but he brings the same type of entertainment to the pressers and interviews that Conor used to. And anyone going up against Ali Abdelisleaze is worth supporting!!
    Colby is an absolute beast too behind the character. His wrestling and cardio is unreal, and from his last fight his striking isn’t far behind. He just keeps going forward like the Terminator. Hope he becomes the champ in December. Usman probably got lucky against a very distracted Woodley in his last fight.

If he does attend what better way to do it than getting in a scrap with Trump?

Diaz was quite non comittal about a trilogy fight so attendance might be a good move.

If he does attend what better way to do it than getting in a scrap with Trump?

Diaz was quite non comittal about a trilogy fight so attendance might be a good move.

Lol. He won’t be getting any more chances with the American legal system if he was to throw a dig at any of the Trumps.
    According to his next 3 fights plan, the 2nd is to fight winner of tonight for the BMF title in April/May. So maybe ufc will have flown him out for tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

I like the character that Colby has created. It’s funny and entertaining.

It's the absolute opposite of funny and entertaining.

Tazzimus wrote: »
    It's the absolute opposite of funny and entertaining.

I find him funny anyway. And no other fighter really is bringing anything extra wwe style entertainment, like Conor used to. I enjoy his interviews and pressers like I used to enjoy Conor’s.
    I also like the way he is pretty much alone standing up to the pack bullies like Ali and even Khabib and Diaz with their large aggressive crews.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

I find him funny anyway. And no other fighter really is bringing anything extra wwe style entertainment, like Conor used to. I enjoy his interviews and pressers like I used to enjoy Conor’s.
    I also like the way he is pretty much alone standing up to the pack bullies like Ali and even Khabib and Diaz with their large aggressive crews.

He's pretty much alone cos everyone thinks he's a cabbage.
    Not everyone needs to be cutting promos like stone cold, tonight's event is proof of that.

He's extremely talented, but this character he portrays needs to **** off somewhere far, and then **** off some more when it gets there.

It’s great that his bushy beard is back anyways. I didn’t like the tight stubble look he experimented with recently.

It’s great that his bushy beard is back anyways. I didn’t like the tight stubble look he experimented with recently.

Interesting topic, I'd like to see him try a moustache.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

I'm not sure if serious or you're trolling level has reached legendary standards

Yep he should be training 24/7

Money is his main goal. You don't make money by training 24/7.

Interesting topic, I'd like to see him try a moustache.

He needs to go back to clean shaven. Where his powers originated.

conor-mcgregor4.jpg?w=640

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

should consider bringing out a product to rival clearasil

clearasil 12

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

should consider bringing out a product to rival clearasil

clearasil 12

Proper skin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Fromvert wrote: »
    Masvidal wins this, better hands, really good grappler to avoid any sneaky submissions unless he gets dropped. Actually think he should mix it up and wrestle too as I think he'd dominate there.Think he wins a decision.

Gastelum stops Till, again, has better hands and head movement and a head like a melon.

Kevin Lee to gas after 3 minutes and lose to Gillespie. Johnny Walker also getting another win.

Backed those four to win @ 5/1

Ya but do you prefer McGregor clean shaven or not ?

• Advertisement

dashoonage wrote: »
    Ya but do you prefer McGregor clean shaven or not ?

My money is on Nate. Masvidal looks a bit like a girl. He reminds me of the bearded lady that won the Eurovision a few years ago.

Advertisement