Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 8)

Options

Comments

0lddog wrote: »
    Posted by bp 14:56 GMT

Now trying not to stalk bp :D

493898.png

:( could be Anywhere in Finland :(

( hope you are having a smashing time :) )

Lol.
    Nice stalking! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Settled in but thinking about un- dying my hair to save time tomorrow. Currently jet black, took a figary last week for Halloween.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Ifevera wiztherewas

I'm away again. Good luck lads. Nanu Nanu :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Settled in but thinking about un- dying my hair to save time tomorrow. Currently jet black, took a figary last week for Halloween.

Figary - brilliant, only used the word recently and wondered if anyone else did.

Bus side currently, skies clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Couchside watching Kevin I mean Grand designs ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,857 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I'm away again. Good luck lads. Nanu Nanu :D

You leaving us Wizzy :(
    Mind yourself and family WizzyFarts

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I reckon Wizzy will be back again in due course

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Assignment-side putting the finishing touches on an essay that’s due on Halloween (ironic because it’s a fairly scary assignment :o).

Wondering if it’s too soon to text the guy I went out with yesterday or if I’d be as well off to wait until tomorrow. Never really done the whole “dating” thing so I’m not sure how soon is too soon :confused:

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Assignment-side putting the finishing touches on an essay that’s due on Halloween (ironic because it’s a fairly scary assignment :o).

Wondering if it’s too soon to text the guy I went out with yesterday or if I’d be as well off to wait until tomorrow. Never really done the whole “dating” thing so I’m not sure how soon is too soon :confused:

If it feels right go for it, what have you got to lose :) He should be delighted to receive a text from you :)

Which reminds me I have someone to text back ;)

Still couchside

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    I reckon Wizzy will be back again in due course

I know , but it's still sad seeing regular posters leave , even though I know everyone has the right to do so .

Anyhow , home , just having dinner , chicken curry and rice :)

• Advertisement

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    I know , but it's still sad seeing regular posters leave , even though I know everyone has the right to do so .

Anyhow , home , just having dinner , chicken curry and rice :)

I didn't realise he was leaving for good, I just thought he was saying goodbye for the evening. He was one of the first to figure out who my favourite man was :D well he still is my favourite man :)

Autosport wrote: »
    If it feels right go for it, what have you got to lose :) He should be delighted to receive a text from you :)

Still couchside

I haven't received it yet.

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Watching Kevin too Auto (Belfast house)
    I took Wiz’s post to mean he was heading out for the night (hopefully, he’s such a lovely poster like everyone else on my favourite thread)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Still couchside

5hrs later? thanks!

:pac:

honeybear wrote: »
    Watching Kevin too Auto (Belfast house)
    I took Wiz’s post to mean he was heading out for the night (hopefully, he’s such a lovely poster like everyone else on my favourite thread)

Yea that's the one I watched, what a beautiful house :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

In front of a fire warming my bones in a nice remote cottage.
    Have Jamie Lee Curtis and the Halloween movie for entertainment later.

Well , it is entirely possible that I misread his post !
    If so , sorry folks :)

Auto , I think we all copped who your favourite man was a long time before you thought we did :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

He was one of the first to figure out who my favourite man was :D well he still is my favourite man :)

4924097_460s.jpg

:pac:

Auto , I think we all copped who your favourite man was a long time before you thought we did :D

Shush don't tell Seph or Ted ;) they might get jealous ;)

Shush don't tell Seph or Ted ;) they might get jealous ;)

Just let us live in our own blissful ignorance.

Is it too late to have another tae?

• Advertisement

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Just let us live in our own blissful ignorance.

Is it too late to have another tae?

Never too late for tae brother tedo!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Where am I.. in my new abode surrounded by boxes (and a glass of rose) Finally shut the doors today on the place I’ve only ever called home for over 30 years. I had been purposely leaving a few bits behind because I never wanted the last day to be the last day, but today it was. The place where I cared for my mam in her final years of life. The place where I had my first ever cup of tea and she her last. It’s funny how a place that was once so full of life, memories, laughter and comfort can quickly become just bricks and mortar once everything is stripped back and irreplaceable people gone. Not sure if I’m doing the right thing yet but sure look. No one ever said it was going to be easy. Cheers anyway! *clinks to a nearby box

Bedside reading my c# unity book.
    Where am I.. in my new abode surrounded by boxes (and a glass of rose) Finally shut the doors today on the place I’ve only ever called home for over 30 years. I had been purposely leaving a few bits behind because I never wanted the last day to be the last day, but today it was. The place where I cared for my mam in her final years of life. The place where I had my first ever cup of tea and her her last. It’s funny how a place that was once so full of life, memories, laughter and comfort can quickly become just bricks and mortar once everything is stripped back and irreplaceable people gone. Not sure if I’m doing the right thing yet but sure look. No one ever said it was going to be easy. Cheers anyway! *clinks to a nearby box

*hugs*

*clinks glass*

Too your new place and many happy years in it!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

After an early start, building a grave yard, baking bread, making breakfast. in town for a bit of DIY pick ups and all the usual stuff like dinner, I'm fit for the leaba,:D Heading for my last beer. The 10 quid pizza and sides deal in Tesco's is well worth a visit. Mrs G and Little G loved it. They are just finishing off the choc fudge cake part. It would feed four no probs.

A Chinese dinner for me after the last beer. Grandee's kitchen has been closed this weekend.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,600 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Where am I.. in my new abode surrounded by boxes (and a glass of rose) Finally shut the doors today on the place I’ve only ever called home for over 30 years. I had been purposely leaving a few bits behind because I never wanted the last day to be the last day, but today it was. The place where I cared for my mam in her final years of life. The place where I had my first ever cup of tea and her her last. It’s funny how a place that was once so full of life, memories, laughter and comfort can quickly become just bricks and mortar once everything is stripped back and irreplaceable people gone. Not sure if I’m doing the right thing yet but sure look. No one ever said it was going to be easy. Cheers anyway! *clinks to a nearby box

Sorry to hear that retro, I hope you settle in and are kind to yourself.

Deja Boo wrote: »
    tis chef grandeeod, isnt it?

......why am I always the last to know stuff.

It's not Deja Boo, it's Crowded House :)

Here's to making as many happy memories in your new place.

It really is a family that make a home. It is just 4 walls to anyone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

sorry to see people close accounts, I'm sure they'll be back :)

couchside with a cat on my knee :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

sorry to see people close accounts, I'm sure they'll be back :)

couchside with a cat on my knee :D

Coming back under different names is a very disrespectful act and unfair to the thread in general. But that's Boards.ie for you. No doubt I'll get told off for my opinion and if so, fook em!

• Advertisement

Where am I.. in my new abode surrounded by boxes (and a glass of rose) Finally shut the doors today on the place I’ve only ever called home for over 30 years. I had been purposely leaving a few bits behind because I never wanted the last day to be the last day, but today it was. The place where I cared for my mam in her final years of life. The place where I had my first ever cup of tea and she her last. It’s funny how a place that was once so full of life, memories, laughter and comfort can quickly become just bricks and mortar once everything is stripped back and irreplaceable people gone. Not sure if I’m doing the right thing yet but sure look. No one ever said it was going to be easy. Cheers anyway! *clinks to a nearby box

The memories of the laughs , the tears , the cups of tea , and of the love ye shared and still share , will be with you no matter what the four walls look like or where they are . Be proud of the wonderful person you are .
    Cheers to you Retro , may your new home be filled with love , laughter and happiness , and many new memories created in the years to come xx

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement