Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 8)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

In from walkies ... at least I remembered my gloves this morning! Tea & toast time. Have a good day all!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,082 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

That's a proper early winter frost out there. Might stop on in bed until it has cleared. But am too excited to stay still for long.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

College-side. Early for a 9am for once :eek: very little traffic on the way in, and it didn’t slow to a crawl in the usual place. Could get used to this!

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Workside, too noisy, why didn't I work from home today.

Incredible Hulk mode is loading.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,864 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    College-side. Early for a 9am for once :eek: very little traffic on the way in, and it didn’t slow to a crawl in the usual place. Could get used to this!

Could be that a lot of Primary Schools might be on Mid Term break this week Kitty ?

Coffee time !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Morning everyone - another gorgeous October day - I love a bright, cold and dry winter. Not as frosty here as recent days. Off out for the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Taking a coffee break from car washing. A lovely bright morning and mild, if out of the east wind, great for getting things done,

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I've been offered the option of surgery abroad. Most of the cost recuperable. Heart started knocking around in my chest when I opened the letter. It was a long time coming. It will be life changing.

Meanwhile I'm staying close to home today.

Deskside, that's all.

Watching diggers breaking ground for a new house across the fields in the distance. These will be our new nearest neighbours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,073 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Smurf you must be close to your holidays now, hope your truck gets fixed before that happens
    Truck done, new lifting arm fitted. Decided to do work training in November rather than Dec/Jan so off to Dubai on Saturday, then one month off for holidays and guess what, my lovely house still hasn't got an extension roof or doors and that's before they start on the interior.

In two minds about going to Ireland to a hotel, or driving around France :)

I've been offered the option of surgery abroad. Most of the cost recuperable. Heart started knocking around in my chest when I opened the letter. It was a long time coming. It will be life changing.

Meanwhile I'm staying close to home today.

Amazing news.

Made me think how we all float about in life and online, grumbling or joking about this and that, and mostly never know what big battles other people may be fighting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,082 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I think I am getting old. Want to be wintering in warmer climates like some pensioners do.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,118 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

At home. Goin on the beer home side and gonna enjoy it! A long weekend of work and domestic chores and family fun. Tonight it's all about me!

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Homeward bound after leaving the coal face.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Pondering work trundle, but in front of a blazing stove. Ugh.

Pondering work trundle, but in front of a blazing stove. Ugh.

Ring in sick!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,073 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Saw this post from Grace7.
    IT IS SO COLD!

That settles it, I'm staying in France :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Could be that a lot of Primary Schools might be on Mid Term break this week Kitty ?

Coffee time !

Was thinking that Mam but the road would get busy with people heading to the city for work I would have assumed. Of course I could always be wrong on that and the schools could have been the reason for the very little traffic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

deskside, had a busy day today, wrecked now

• Advertisement

Fire is now lit and going to have a good read of the paper. I love these busy, clear, bright autumn days.
    Got lots done outside and half the parish seemed to be out walking and enjoying the good weather among the autumn colours.

Smurf, it's not that cold. High of 11c and low of 3c.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

I think I am getting old. Want to be wintering in warmer climates like some pensioners do.

Oy! I'm in front of you in the queue :D

@Grem any chance of a day job that wouldnt be so tough ?

@Smurf sounding like Mr O'Reilly is doing the job for you. Shall I phone Mr Stubbs ? :pac:

Kitchen cleaned,stove lighting, just had a few games of cards and typically when theres no money on it I get great cards.Waiting for the folks to head home and I'm going to have a glass of red for medicinal purposes, still not feeling great at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Greetings from Edinburgh. Been a mad few weeks with family holiday in Portugal, a surprise vow renewal ceremony for my parents, a few days with my bestie in Aylesbury and a fab long weekend with my girl gang in Edinburgh.

Did ya miss me?

Great to have you back Witchie,you were definitely missed and worried about,hope you've plenty stories for us lol..x

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Kitchen cleaned,stove lighting, just had a few games of cards and typically when theres no money on it I get great cards.Waiting for the folks to head home and I'm going to have a glass of red for medicinal purposes, still not feeling great at all.

Better make it two! :3

Deskside.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Great to have you back Witchie,you were definitely missed and worried about,hope you've plenty stories for us lol..x

Too many stories to tell...will write a book and send you a link.

Been just mad busy with family, friends and work. Apart from 3 days alone in Lisbon I haven't had a break from chatting until about 2 hours ago since the start of the month. I love my alone time so am burnt out.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,625 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Couchside after a very meh day. Time for a drink I think.

Couchside after a very meh day. Time for a drink I think.

Send some up to me. I've run out.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,864 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Home , heating on and fire lit , was running around all day (it's fun;)) , so on way home got a linguini prawn thing in Lidl to throw into the microwave lol !
    The prawns were **** but the pasta and sauce was lovely :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement