Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 8)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

If its a good pint it'll be quickly followed :)

They taste like more today Grem!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

They taste like more today Grem!

Tis rare they don't, Guinness is my off work tae :pac:

Tis rare they don't, Guinness is my off work tae :pac:

I’m going to steal that one!!! Although, will change tea with coffee :D

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭20Wheel

We need more of these bank holiday things.
    Loving it. Almost smiled there.

Putin is a dictator. Putin should face justice at the Hague. All good Russians should work to depose Putin. Russias war in Ukraine is illegal and morally wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,259 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Hope kitty is having a lovely coffee and I'm now off to get my nails done :)

Have a great evening :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,140 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

The best part of early pints on a bank holiday Sunday. The all day Sunday boozers leave it till Monday. The late night revellers aren't here yet.

The worst part is the grumpy staff. Some waiting to finish up and go out. Counting down the clock. Then those starting a shift who take customer service to new low.

Pubside

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Sitting with a beer waiting to hear herr Klopp.
    Happy:)

Grandeeod wrote: »
    The best part of early pints on a bank holiday Sunday. The all day Sunday boozers leave it till Monday. The late night revellers aren't here yet.

The worst part is the grumpy staff. Some waiting to finish up and go out. Counting down the clock. Then those starting a shift who take customer service to new low.

Pubside

Pubside too.

Sitting over a slow half(me)/pint (him) with an old and true friend and feeling lucky to have had him in my life for almost 25 years. He wrecks my head but sure who's perfect :)
    He's helping me consider implications of some recent familial revelations. Nothing awful or weird but we're both pondering the fact that people are probably truly and utterly unknowable.

Anyway, Grandeeod, you nailed the Sunday bh vibe, it's the same here in SoCoDublinLand! But for some odd but fantastic reason Bigmouth Strikes Again is playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Thank you everyone! He was lovely, I think we’ll be seeing each other again :D

Now homeside, waiting for the dinner to be cooked

Kitty6277 wrote: »

Ooooh g'wan The FairKittyKat6277 :)
    Delighted for you. Should we start thinking about hats or wee bit too soon? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,132 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Kitty6277 wrote: »

Now homeside, waiting for the dinner to be cooked

That's not enough gossip, Kitty..
    Spill for all us saddos with no lives of our own :)

To thine own self be true

Deja Boo wrote: »
    colour me excited for another mspaint game :D

I remember one them, could be going back 10 years! It was called first sexual experiences. Some hilarious and VERY dark “paintings”.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,887 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Holy moly :eek: :eek:

Were the virgins paintings, blank then?

Lol :D:D

He will need smurfjeds seal of approval first... When can we interview the bloke...
    Is he worthy of the Kits?

He will of course. And we also need to make sure we're al comfortable regarding his intentions and prospects, perhaps a Boards dinner?

Holy moly :eek: :eek:

Were the virgins paintings, blank then?

Hahaha! A buddy, some of them were so good! I must go hunting for the thread. But it was before Boards went fancy so I’m not sure the archives have it any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,132 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I'm watching Fittest Families, realising how lazy I am.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Stuffing my face with a nut roast, mash, roast spuds and gravy. Got a few glasses of red on standby for afters.

Cali_girl wrote: »
    Pubside too.

Sitting over a slow half(me)/pint (him) with an old and true friend and feeling lucky to have had him in my life for almost 25 years. He wrecks my head but sure who's perfect :)
    He's helping me consider implications of some recent familial revelations. Nothing awful or weird but we're both pondering the fact that people are probably truly and utterly unknowable.

Anyway, Grandeeod, you nailed the Sunday bh vibe, it's the same here in SoCoDublinLand! But for some odd but fantastic reason Bigmouth Strikes Again is playing.

Ah Cali that sounds like a real cosy early sesh with a great chat. I can't get that because my so called social circle have their heads up the preverbial. Lots of lads I know would love to be with me, but the other halves have other ideas like dumping the kids with Granny/Grandad/Babysitter and hanging around a pub till all hours as if they are 20 again.:rolleyes: Me and Mrs G can't understand that. Back home now. Have a few more in the fridge. Some nice eats too for later with tunes.

(at grandeeods, maybe??? I am dying to taste his scrumptious food.)

Name your fave and it will be done. Name your tipple and it will be provided!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Fathom wrote: »
    Yo time zone Ireland Sunday.

Poolside.

Yo to SoCal-land on a bank holiday weekend

You caught in the P G & E powerdown ?

• Advertisement

Name your fave and it will be done. Name your tipple and it will be provided!

Grand so thanks, how about the old beef or salmon options so for the visitors? Kitty - that work for you? Kitty?
    Kitty?

Ah here lads, we might have scared off Kitty...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Just in from the scary walk in Marley. The ghouls always pick on me to frighten.
    Need a change of underwear.

Salmon for me thanks, loads of spuds and butter, I'll bring a bottle or 2...cheers Grande.😛

Grand so thanks, how about the old beef or salmon options so for the visitors? Kitty - that work for you? Kitty?
    Kitty?

Ah here lads, we might have scared off Kitty...

Beef or Salmon? No way. Not here Cali! I can do more than that. Fish or Chicken dishes with all kinds of sauce or heat/spices. The only beef, will be seriously sliced strips in yet more spice with peppers/veg.

When you find Kitty, let her know!:D

Ah Cali that sounds like a real cosy early sesh with a great chat. I can't get that because my so called social circle have their heads up the preverbial. Lots of lads I know would love to be with me, but the other halves have other ideas like dumping the kids with Granny/Grandad/Babysitter and hanging around a pub till all hours as if they are 20 again.:rolleyes: Me and Mrs G can't understand that. Back home now. Have a few more in the fridge. Some nice eats too for later with tunes.

*Shares phone screen*
    It's lovely. He's been a great mate over the years, sound as bell (if a bit mad) and we're both lucky our relative partners cool with our friendship and know to just roll their eyes and say if ye're having a late one/start playing music we're out of here :D. Been there for each other through more than a few traumas/embarrassing moments/weddings/illnesses and funerals. Great at putting me backing my place when I "lose the run of myself" :o
    We'll have one more then it's homeside. Unless the barman keeps getting away with his current soundtrack (late 80's Madonna right now).

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Deskside, might shortly go hunting for the first pics of the Macnas parade in Galway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

couchside, in a food coma after dinner :P

*Shares phone screen*
    It's lovely. He's been a great mate over the years, sound as bell (if a bit mad) and we're both lucky our relative partners cool with our friendship and know to just roll their eyes and say if ye're having a late one/start playing music we're out of here :D. Been there for each other through more than a few traumas/embarrassing moments/weddings/illnesses and funerals. Great at putting me backing my place when I "lose the run of myself" :o
    We'll have one more then it's homeside. Unless the barman keeps getting away with his current soundtrack (late 80's Madonna right now).

You sound so like I am! After my days and nights and weeks and months in Dun Laoghaire /Blackrock from the Pirates Den to the Purty, I've gathered so many wonderful people who are ordinary and mad at the same time. Married and steady or married/single/crazy. I wish I lived closer to that area and a DART ride away to be with them in reality or a fantasy night out. So many are even further way from the stomping ground now. All spread everywhere. enjoy that closeness Cali.

You sound so like I am! After my days and nights and weeks and months in Dun Laoghaire /Blackrock from the Pirates Den to the Purty, I've gathered so many wonderful people who are ordinary and mad at the same time. Married and steady or married/single/crazy. I wish I lived closer to that area and a DART ride away to be with them in reality or a fantasy night out. So many are even further way from the stomping ground now. All spread everywhere. enjoy that closeness Cali.

Yes!!! There is definitely a vibe or undercurrent of good-crazy around here Grandeeod: an odd/bohemian/ridiculous refusal to submit to or even acknowledge the mainstream. I probably wrote some of this before but I 3/4 or 1/2 grew up here, 1/4 or 1/2 in California/East Coast and have spent years and years stateside since: what I love about being in this part of Dublin is that there is less of the California type of self indulgent crazy and more of the genuine "out there" fun mad crazy. Go into most Blackrock/Monkstown/Dun Laoghaire bars and you'll still meet some gems every time. Bit surprised it's lasted all these years. Make any sense?
    There are tonnes of things I love about the US still... The creativity, energy, the (west coast/Mexican) food, the music/art, the diversity... states lke Montana and Colorado but the warmth and humour of Dublin is the best anywhere :)

• Advertisement

Yes!!! There is definitely a vibe or undercurrent of good-crazy around here Grandeeod: an odd/bohemian/ridiculous refusal to submit to or even acknowledge the mainstream. I probably wrote some of this before but I 3/4 or 1/2 grew up here, 1/4 or 1/2 in California/East Coast and have spent years and years stateside since: what I love about being in this part of Dublin is that there is less of the California type of self indulgent crazy and more of the genuine "out there" fun mad crazy. Go into most Blackrock/Monkstown/Dun Laoghaire bars and you'll still meet some gems every time. Bit surprised it's lasted all these years. Make any sense?
    There are tonnes of things I love about the US still... The creativity, energy, the (west coast/Mexican) food, the music/art, the diversity... states lke Montana and Colorado but the warmth and humour of Dublin is the best anywhere :)

I got the Californian vibe in the DLIADT/IADT or when I was there in 1990:eek: the Dun Laoghaire school or art and design. There was a really fab guy running the Animation course - Larry L. - former Disney. I wasn't even doing animation (Film&TV) but this dude was so cool I was aghast that more of his students weren't soaking it all up.:eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement