Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Just received my sim and did an initial download test. Got 4 down and 1 up. Nothing great compared to some of the speeds posted here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Sparkrite wrote: »
    Have you used a mobile phone before?

The 'code' I would assume is the PIN, requested on the phone screen, you type it in by using the virtual keyboard.

BTW. it is a 'port' date you select NOT an activation date.

Yeah I unlocked with PIN initially then by a text was asked to input the numbers scratched beside the PIN but nothing happened.
    Sorry should have said 31st was the port date instead of activation date.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Ordered this day last week. Have been on to customer service a couple of times in last few days and then couldn't tell me anything (and got the impression they weren't inclined to try).

Got someone good this evening, Gary, and he 'escalated' it for me. He couldn't really tell me anything but I have a feeling that basically nothing had happened with the order yet and I had somehow ended up at the back of the queue. Hoping I can join the party soon.

My first few months 'value' getting eaten up buying credit on PAYG while I wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Virgin Medua can you please stop playing those annoying ads on every break. I’ve had enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭scarepanda

I ordered two Sims on the 16th, one arrived yesterday, second one is still to appear.

Both our numbers are to be ported over and I've no idea which number the SIM that has arrived is for. Porting not happening till next week. Anyone know if I can delay porting date?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Got my new sim today. Was going to port my number till I realised all my former lovers who blocked me on whatsapp are after re-appearing :)

and all the former lovers I don't want to hear from don't have my new number :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭alanowx

Here my experience from south Wexford

Ordered sim on 17th with request to port at earliest advised date of 24th. Ordered a second sim on 21st without port option. Early yesterday both 085 numbers were visible online and later received a text to say a delivery would arive today. Delivered today with no signature required, it was my port request sim as my mobile no. was next to my name on An Post package. Decided to move back my port to next week to give more time to test and early indications look good.

Had to make a few changes to settings, first was to stop the unique sim pin request at each startup. I did this from my security settings, important if you plan to put sim in a router. Second was to disable call forwarding in my phone settings especially as mailbox is apparently not working yet.

I'm out in the sticks but i can see the mast 3 miles away LOS.
    With Speedtest got 4G download/upload speeds of 20Mbps/20Mbps downstairs and 30/20 upstairs on my phone. Very pleased with that as it actually better than Vodafone at this location.

Was in Wexford town centre this afternoon and got 4G speeds of 25d/29u and in outskirts got 18d/17u.Very respectable figures.

I'm now going to put this sim in my unlocked Huawei Router, run some tests and if the these speeds are consistent then this will be an ideal replacement for my 45e per month Vodafone 150GB contract which finishes in a few months. I can live with 80GB if it means saving 35e pm.

BTW both Bluetooth tethering and Wifi hotspot from phone to PC tested and working great so there's more data there if needed.

In Progress still showing for this sim in MyGoMo, perhaps it will remain in that state until I proceed with the actual porting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

i asked this question about 40 pages back, where on the website is this mysterious web chat i cant see it for the life of me someone please screenshot it and let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Got my new sim today. Was going to port my number till I realised all my former lovers who blocked me on whatsapp are after re-appearing :)

and all the former lovers I don't want to hear from don't have my new number :D:D:D

is that you enrique?

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Sparkrite

jonnny68 wrote: »
    i asked this question about 40 pages back, where on the website is this mysterious web chat i cant see it for the life of me someone please screenshot it and let me know.

And has been answered about 40 times, it is sporadic with its appearance.

Some think it only appears when some poor sod has been assigned to be the scapegoat for management's deficiencies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭bunderoon

alanowx wrote: »
    Here my experience from south Wexford

Ordered sim on 17th with request to port at earliest advised date of 24th. Ordered a second sim on 21st without port option. Early yesterday both 085 numbers were visible online and later received a text to say a delivery would arive today. Delivered today with no signature required, it was my port request sim as my mobile no. was next to my name on An Post package. Decided to move back my port to next week to give more time to test and early indications look good.

Had to make a few changes to settings, first was to stop the unique sim pin request at each startup. I did this from my security settings, important if you plan to put sim in a router. Second was to disable call forwarding in my phone settings especially as mailbox is apparently not working yet.

I'm out in the sticks but i can see the mast 3 miles away LOS.
    With Speedtest got 4G download/upload speeds of 20Mbps/20Mbps downstairs and 30/20 upstairs on my phone. Very pleased with that as it actually better than Vodafone at this location.

Was in Wexford town centre this afternoon and got 4G speeds of 25d/29u and in outskirts got 18d/17u.Very respectable figures.

I'm now going to put this sim in my unlocked Huawei Router, run some tests and if the these speeds are consistent then this will be an ideal replacement for my 45e per month Vodafone 150GB contract which finishes in a few months. I can live with 80GB if it means saving 35e pm.

BTW both Bluetooth tethering and Wifi hotspot from phone to PC tested and working great so there's more data there if needed.

In Progress still showing for this sim in MyGoMo, perhaps it will remain in that state until I proceed with the actual porting.

Same experience. And I know most of the people in my area are on Three and Vodafone, so people in our situation are seeing high speed. If this GOMO offer becomes really popular, we'll see a slow down in town areas. You being in the countryside probably means you wont see much of a decrease.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

physioman wrote: »
    Having a disaster with gomo. Ended up cancelling

Hello! Next available customer representative will be with you shortly.
    Representative Rachel has joined the session
    Rachel [9:37:00 AM]
    Hey! Thanks for getting in touch. My name is Rachel. How can I help?
    You [9:38:42 AM]
    I was chatting to you on Monday and you said my SIM was dispatched and I would get a text/email when it was out for delivery. I didn't get the SIM yesterday but when I contacted chat yesterday they said it was delivered. Where is my SIM
    Rachel [9:39:20 AM]
    Hi #### can you send the following so i can look into this Account number
    Mobile number
    Address
    Full name
    date of birth
    email
    You
    Rachel [9:43:08 AM]
    Hi #### i can see that your order is not fully complete which means it has not been delivered
    You [9:43:36 AM]
    Where is my SIM?
    Rachel [9:43:50 AM]
    The Delivery of the sim can take up to 10 working days due to the high volume of orders
    You [9:44:30 AM]
    Sorry you told me on Monday it was dispatched and yesterday Michelle told me it was delivered
    You [9:44:56 AM]
    What is going on?
    Rachel [9:45:38 AM]
    it has definitely not been delivered your order is not complete
    You [9:46:56 AM]
    But why would she say it is? I ordered on the first day the offer came out. Everyone one I know who has signed up after me has got their SIM. Someone is telling me lies now
    Rachel [9:48:10 AM]
    i can not speak on behalf of another agent but from your account details it is showing today that your order is not complete which means that it has not been delivered. have you received a text from An Post?
    You [9:48:48 AM]
    No I haven't. It should have been here by now.
    You [9:49:14 AM]
    Other people I know didn't get emails or texts and still had theirs delivered
    Rachel [9:50:32 AM]
    we do have to advise up to 10 working days due to the high volume of orders
    You [9:51:34 AM]
    Sorry but when I signed up it was 2 days , then when chatting to you on Monday you said 5 days and now 10 days. Has my SIM been dispatched or Not?
    Rachel [9:53:30 AM]
    apologies for the inconvenience, but there is a backlog in the orders. you sim will be with you within 10 days from date of ordering
    You [9:53:50 AM]
    Has it been dispatched or Not?
    You [9:55:08 AM]
    Hello?
    Rachel [9:55:48 AM]
    Your account is showing partial which means it is on the way but we can not give you a specific date
    You [9:56:06 AM]
    Has it been dispatched yet?
    Rachel [9:57:04 AM]
    as i have said your account is showing that it is on its way but i can not give you a specific date
    You [9:57:16 AM]
    When was it dispatched
    Rachel [9:57:46 AM]
    we do not have the dates as we do not have a tracking
    You [9:58:10 AM]
    Well you were able to tell me on Monday that it was dispatched
    You [9:58:36 AM]
    Why are you lieing to me Rachel
    Rachel [9:58:40 AM]
    we can only see the status on it not the date
    You [9:59:36 AM]
    Well you could tell me Monday that it was dispatched on Monday and I would have it yesterday. Then on chat yesterday they tell me it is delivered.
    Rachel [10:00:38 AM]
    on Monday the delivery time was 5 working days not 10 but due to high volumes of orders the delivery is recommended for 10 days
    You [10:01:02 AM]
    But you told me I would have it yesterday?

Basically cancelled after that

3e5e5l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭alanowx

bunderoon wrote: »
    Same experience. And I know most of the people in my area are on Three and Vodafone, so people in our situation are seeing high speed. If this GOMO offer becomes really popular, we'll see a slow down in town areas. You being in the countryside probably means you wont see much of a decrease.

Yes being in the middle of nowhere with few neighbours on mobile data but yet in sight of a mast has its advantages

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

2 sims arrived today, had port date set for november 1st but changed to today. both was ported within a couple of minutes.

That was my experience as well. Ported over 3 in about 2 minutes flat.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

jonnny68 wrote: »

Every time I've been on the last few days it was there and popped up.
    Signed the father in law up and it popped up too.

Haven't used it as I fully get they are over ran and no point in asking where a tiny little dim is as there are going to be delays with such the uptake they've had.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭September1

I used it for roaming in Germany and there were no problems. 4G+ signal most of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

3e5e5l.jpg

You know well where it is....

In a post van between the seats....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

scarepanda wrote: »
    I ordered two Sims on the 16th, one arrived yesterday, second one is still to appear.

Both our numbers are to be ported over and I've no idea which number the SIM that has arrived is for. Porting not happening till next week. Anyone know if I can delay porting date?
    The number you are porting over to should be on the Package Address Label. If you have thrown it out (or burnt it :)) all you can do is wait for the 2nd Sim to arrive and have a look at the Address Label on that one.

edit; Oh, and people please stop quoting 'physioman's' Post....you're filling up boards !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Anyone know (and apologies if asked 10,000 times) if I get sim now am I charged €9.99 to end of Oct and then again 1st Nov or do I get 30 days from now.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Anyone know (and apologies if asked 10,000 times) if I get sim now am I charged €9.99 to end of Oct and then again 1st Nov or do I get 30 days from now.

Thanks

• Advertisement

All Bills are charged from the 1st of every month....according to the Gomo Website ;)

• Subscribers Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭.BrianJM

mgbgt1978 wrote: »
    The number you are porting over to should be on the Package Address Label. If you have thrown it out (or burnt it :)) all you can do is wait for the 2nd Sim to arrive and have a look at the Address Label on that one.

The number on the package label is your current contact number.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,330 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

PopTarts wrote: »

Thanks

10,001 times now or is that 10,002

Get charged the 1st of the next month

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭scarepanda

mgbgt1978 wrote:
    The number you are porting over to should be on the Package Address Label. If you have thrown it out (or burnt it ) all you can do is wait for the 2nd Sim to arrive and have a look at the Address Label on that one.

Thank you! I noticed that mentioned in a post since. The Gomo account is in my name and the package was addressed to me so I hadn't paid any heed to the package details. Now to get the second SIM. Many others have two Sims come separately? How long were you waiting for the second SIM?

.BrianJM wrote: »
    The number on the package label is your current contact number.

2 Sims received in this House. Both ordered with a Port request. Both arrived with the number they were going to be ported to. That's my experience.....I'm sure (judging by the confusion and mistakes mentioned so far) that others may have other Stories :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,507 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Many others have two Sims come separately? How long were you waiting for the second SIM?

My brother ordered 2 SIMs on launch night, first one arrived Mon and second yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

You know well where it is....

In a post van between the seats....

Why are you lieing to me Rachel?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

fritzelly wrote: »
    10,001 times now or is that 10,002

Get charged the 1st of the next month
    Yes, this is where proof by deduction fails.

Thank you! I noticed that mentioned in a post since. The Gomo account is in my name and the package was addressed to me so I hadn't paid any heed to the package details. Now to get the second SIM. Many others have two Sims come separately? How long were you waiting for the second SIM?
    1st one arrived the day after ordering (ordered 16th, arrived 17th). 2nd arrived yesterday (22nd). Only got a Text notification for the 2nd Sim.

Both Gomo Numbers appeared on MYGomo on Sunday. Prior to that the 1st Sim wouldn't connect. Once the numbers appeared on 'My Account' I could use the 1st Sim (2nd Sim worked upon arrival).
    Order is still showing as 'in progress' in my account :rolleyes:.
    One is set to port tomorrow, other one next Tuesday. Fingers crossed it goes OK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

mgbgt1978 wrote: »
    1st one arrived the day after ordering (ordered 16th, arrived 17th). 2nd arrived yesterday (22nd). Only got a Text notification for the 2nd Sim.

Both Gomo Numbers appeared on MYGomo on Sunday. Prior to that the 1st Sim wouldn't connect. Once the numbers appeared on 'My Account' I could use the 1st Sim (2nd Sim worked upon arrival).
    Order is still showing as 'in progress' in my account :rolleyes:.
    One is set to port tomorrow, other one next Tuesday. Fingers crossed it goes OK.

My order is showing as completed, number etc. today

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement