Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

madmoe wrote: »
    An Post did try to deliver this morning apparently! Rang my buzzer, I said hello twice and nobody answered back?
    I once had a delivery guy ring the bell and immediately sprint back to the van to leave. I guess it counts as a devilery attempt. Put a mattress by the door. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Download: 7.06
    Upload: 11.4
    Latency: 31ms

Damn good for Tralee. Good enough for streaming HD.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

kn wrote: »
    [URL="file:///C:/Users/patmt/Downloads/google%20speed%20test%20-%20Google%20Search.pdf"]file:///C:/Users/patmt/Downloads/google%20speed%20test%20-%20Google%20Search.pdf[/URL]

Thats not how the internet works, Pat.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Sparkrite

God only knows how they are prioritizing their order process/completion ??

Two mates who ordered after me (by approx. 30 and 36 hrs.), one has his SIM and the other has number/Pin assigned on website.
    I have neither, all in Dublin.
    Makes you wonder

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

Guys sorry if this has been asked multiple times already but I just want to make sure:

I am currently on Eir's €20 monthly deal. I get data plus calls OR texts

Can someone confirm that with Gomo I will get data plus calls AND texts for €9.99?

Both of the above are on the same network so the only difference is the price?

Am I correct?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 darrent065

Sparkrite wrote: »

Two mates who ordered after me (by approx. 30 and 36 hrs.), one has his SIM and the other has number/Pin assigned on website.
    Makes you wonder

in the same boat myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Anyone get their voicemail working? It doesn't really bother me my last one was a message to send me a text but I'd like to be able to set one in case I want to go off the radar for a few days, hols etc

Anyone get their voicemail working? It doesn't really bother me my last one was a message to send me a text but I'd like to be able to set one in case I want to go off the radar for a few days, hols etc

Don't think so, but it will be fixed in 24Hrs as they have been saying for the last 48Hrs. !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭sk8board

Makes you wonder

We’re any of you porting your number in? The other networks do it in batches. I imagine the like of O2 and Vodafone had 10,000 ports to do this week and more to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

FWIW, I was on to Virgin Mobile support yesterday (I'm on VM) asking if I would get a refund for the unused portion of the month if I ported out, i.e. cancelled. They said I would but sure who knows if that'll pan out or not...

Anyways, they asked why I was leaving so I took the opportunity to say I'd stay with VM if they could price-match GoMo - for my account at least.

They declined my offer :)

Just off the phone with Virgin Mobile Billing - turns out you DO NOT GET A REFUND for the unused portion of your pre-paid month. Soon as you port out your account is closed. That's all that happens.

• Advertisement

Can someone confirm that with Gomo I will get data plus calls AND texts for €9.99?

Dear God !

Did you even throw a cursory glance at their website ??

YES, YES, YES.

You would get banned from other forums for less.:D

Guys sorry if this has been asked multiple times already but I just want to make sure:

Not sorry enough to actually check yourself though...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Got sim but it has different number

Webchat is useless on the site

Dear God !

Did you even throw a cursory glance at their website ??

YES, YES, YES.

You would get banned from other forums for less.:D

So stop feeding the answers and it'll stop.

biggebruv wrote: »

Yes the SIM has a number until you port your number. Check online when yours is due to port

If it has a different number than the one shown in your online account, then you have been delivered the wrong SIM.

AFAIK you will have to contact them. Best of luck.

Yes the SIM has a number until you port your number. Check online when yours is due to port

How do I port?

How do I port?

It's all on their website
    https://gomo.ie/joining-getting-started-with-gomo/#move-number

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Makes you wonder
    #

Me too.

I left my eir contract and am on PAYG waiting for the sim and its costing me a lot in credit plus I have no data - very frustrating.

Ok I confirmed for 9 am tomorrow so I will put this sim into my phone tomorrow at 9 then I’m sorted?

Web chat still nothing

• Advertisement

Ok I confirmed for 9 am tomorrow so I will put this sim into my phone tomorrow at 9 then I’m sorted?

We chat still nothing

Don't change until it's ported. When your old SIM losses network pop in the new SIM. Mine was 18 hours late (over weekend is a bad idea)

Don't change until it's ported. When your old SIM losses network pop in the new SIM. Mine was 18 hours late (over weekend is a bad idea)

An ok so the number on the go mo sim gets changed to my current number?

An ok so the number on the go mo sim gets changed to my current number?

Exactly

• Registered Users Posts: 6,882 ✭✭✭AngelaRI

Just a heads up on the port: they quote 2-4 hours to complete the port, but I'm still offline and was eventually told it varies and can take up to 24 hours to complete.
    What I found when my number port started was that I was able to make outgoing calls and text and they showed up with my ported number, but can't receive incoming calls or text (invalid number shows up), and this is due to the port process still being in progress I'm told. Probably slower due to the greater than expected volumes.
    At work in South Dublin I have 4G, going to give a good test at home this evening as my old sim (Three) dropped to next to nothing (we're talking barely a single bar of the lowest tier of data, not even 2G) in my house and my entire neighbourhood, whereas vodafone has great 4G reception there.
    On the plus side, when I ordered my sim last Tuesday, it arrived on Friday in time for my Monday service request. My number port was set up for today (I guess to ensure ample time for delivery before the port started), so impressed with that, and I had great response from the customer service reps on the online chat when I queried my connectivity issues with incoming connections. Those poor reps must be inundated with queries, and I'd wager a good number of them upset and not too friendly, so I tried to keep mine friendly and positive and understanding even though I'm rather frustrated at the delay (no online portal that uses OTP for MFA security works without incoming SMS! Including my mobile banking). But this should hopefully be resolved tomorrow and then the speed test!!

Exactly

Thanks for the help better than the gomo online help which is still waiting btw for an agent lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

2 sims arrived today, had port date set for november 1st but changed to today. both was ported within a couple of minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

I signed up last week and selected the activation date of the SIM for the 31st of this month. SIM arrived today but I didnt get an email since I signed up and checked junk mail?. I would have thought id have at least got a auto verification email by this point?. Im kinda now uncertain was it the 31st!
    Just wondered could I bring activating the SIM forward or am I locked into the 31st?
    I tried just putting the SIM in to see would it automatically work and was told to put in the code I scratched but there was nowhere apparent to send the code!?.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 TheRodgers

anyone else getting so service when they put in new sim and try to activate it? i contacted then through web chat and they have no answer except it is a known issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,882 ✭✭✭AngelaRI

2 sims arrived today, had port date set for november 1st but changed to today. both was ported within a couple of minutes.

9 hours and still porting (outgoing works, incoming 'invalid number')
    I get the occasional text sneaking through but mostly incoming connections are rejected still... 9:37 this morning I got the text confirming my port was starting

• Advertisement

califano wrote: »
    I signed up last week and selected the activation date of the SIM for the 31st of this month. SIM arrived today but I didnt get an email since I signed up and checked junk mail?. I would have thought id have at least got a auto verification email by this point?. Im kinda now uncertain was it the 31st!
    Just wondered could I bring activating the SIM forward or am I locked into the 31st?
    I tried just putting the SIM in to see would it automatically work and was told to put in the code I scratched but there was nowhere apparent to send the code!?.

Have you used a mobile phone before?

The 'code' I would assume is the PIN, requested on the phone screen, you type it in by using the virtual keyboard.

BTW. it is a 'port' date you select NOT an activation date.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement