Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 PantlessNoodle

darrent065 wrote: »
    They are a joke but the €9.99 is a good deal until they up the price down the line and pull the whole "€9.99 for life" isn't the customers life but the plans life and put us up to €29.99pm haha
    yeah true but i'll ride the wave while i can then i'll just cancel the direct debit, i have the three 20 euro a month topup currently, i got this sim to throw it in to a sim card router and have some sort of house internet instead of hot spotting from my phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 darrent065

physioman wrote: »
    Its not about the delay its about the honesty of the agents and it seems I'm not the only one it has happened to.

happening to me since last Wednesday i ordered 10am and wife ordered 12 hours later she has hers and all set up no problems. both parents ordered 36 hours after me and came today. I dont complain but they taking the pi** abit and cant answer simple questions and copy and paste replies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,408 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Its not about the delay its about the honesty of the agents and it seems I'm not the only one it has happened to.

Look, you knew a good deal when you saw it, that's why you signed up.

Then when it didn't happen fast enough for you, you threw the rattler out of the pram.

Now all you want to do is bad mouth it here.

You are not part of it anymore, accept it & move on.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Sims seem to be dispatched through Exertis Ireland in Ballymount for some reason also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

Look, you new a good deal when you saw it, that's why you signed up.

Then when it didn't happen fast enough for you, you threw the rattler out of the pram.

Now all you want to do is bad mouth it here.

You are not part of it anymore, accept it & move on.

I'm entitled to my opinion like everyone else. I'm sharing my experience and if could be bothered reading the last few posts you'll see there are others in the same boat as me. So no I won't move on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I was talking to my postman and he said that they are flat out delivering Gomo sims.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

I've tried everything and I'm still getting awful 4G speeds. All settings are correct on my phone and there's a mast right across from my building in work and still only getting 0.10Mbps download speeds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I ordered on Sun night and I have a phone number, PIN etc now showing in my control panel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,457 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

darrent065 wrote: »
    They are a joke but the €9.99 is a good deal until they up the price down the line and pull the whole "€9.99 for life" isn't the customers life but the plans life and put us up to €29.99pm haha

And then customers move to another plan/provider..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

TheDriver wrote: »
    I ordered on Sun night and I have a phone number, PIN etc now showing in my control panel.

Same here but no SIM in my hand! An Post did try to deliver this morning apparently! Rang my buzzer, I said hello twice and nobody answered back? I then leave for work a short while later and discover an attempted delivery docket in my post box!! Fonthill/Lucan is miles away from me and I have no car so rang An Post to complain and with luck will have it in my hand tomorrow at work, no more messing with attempted deliveries!

Thanks,
    M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

Worked fine on the new gomo number for last few days.
    Ported over to my own number this morning.

Now I can't send messages, I get the following text from sender ION MOBILE:

"You've reached your account credit limit, you won't be able to go out of bundle until after your next billing date...."

When I try to make a call I get the following:
    "You are currently barred from making outgoing calls. Please contact customer care for further information."

Sent a message to customer care, fingers crossed a human sees it soon.

Am I missing something obvious?
    It shows five bars for Gomo.
    Turned it off and on again.
    It's the mothers phone and she's not too impressed with me now. :)

UPDATE
    Ok, just off a live chat, hopefully just a little bump in the road:

xxxxxxxx [4:21:12 PM]
    "It just needs to fully activate after the port, once 24 hours is up, you can ignore that message and it will go back to normal"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

minikin wrote: »
    Worked fine on the new gomo number for last few days.
    Ported over to my own number this morning.

Now I can't send messages, I get the following text from sender ION MOBILE:

"You've reached your account credit limit, you won't be able to go out of bundle until after your next billing date...."

When I try to make a call I get the following:
    "You are currently barred from making outgoing calls. Please contact customer care for further information."

Sent a message to customer care, fingers crossed a human sees it soon.

Am I missing something obvious?
    It shows five bars for Gomo.
    Turned it off and on again.
    It's the mothers phone and she's not too impressed with me now. :)

My girlfriend ported her number today and is getting the exact same error.

Receives texts fine but cant send or make calls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

joe123 wrote: »
    My girlfriend ported her number today and is getting the exact same error.

Receives texts fine but cant send or make calls.

My brother had that... waited a couple of days and it fixed itself. I believe it is due to the amount of ports & they are taking a bit longer to go through... effecting different people in different ways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭_John C

Got sim and i ported yesterday. Couldnt make calls or send sms. Mobile data worked fine. I could receive calls and sms no problem. All working this morning :)
    Happy customer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Sparkrite

I've been on to them several times all week and up until now have been accepting of their behaviour. But to be told on Monday by Rachel that it is dispatched and I will have it yesterday. Then being told yesterday by Michelle that it was delivered and it clearly wasn't. Then to be told today that it may not have been dispatched?
    I am nice to good honest people but when you are being told lies it certainly frustrates me.
    Look I've cancelled now, I may have been unlucky but I'm justified in the manner of my conversation.

For what it's worth @physioman I don't think you fully deserve the 'bad press' you have received here.

Look at it this way, a company sets up after doing its market research so it should have been somewhat prepared and hence fore armed for what it envisaged to be the influx of new customers. If, as it appears, it is so far off the mark in this, then it had no business to start trading until it was better set-up. However mistakes happen, not the customers fault though.

Now, when you sign up, you as the customer are relieved IMMEDIATELY of your money under the pretext that you will receive the product you paid for in (this case) two days. This does not happen.
    You allow more time to elapse, still nothing, so you contact the company and are told your product has been dispatched and will be with you soon.
    You allow even more time to elapse, still nothing and remember all this time the company has your money, so you contact the company again.
    This time you are told something different, that totally contradicts what you were previously told. Now at this stage we can be sure that at least one of the reps. are mistaken/lying to you, the customer.
    This is not acceptable in any shape or form.

BTW. I see no abuse or offensive replies in the chat transcript but rather an assertive and (rightly so) annoyed customer who has held his side of the contract by paying in full for a product that he has not received.

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭markad1

Speed test side by side in Rush:

Vodafone Down 1.39 Up 0.77 48ms
    -106dBm 18asu

GoMo Down 8.2 Up 1.73 26ms
    -93dBM 27asu

GoMo was better than I expected :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Got the SIM card in the post Monday. Ported Tuesday. All good but I have a dual sim phone so I have a backup in any case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭lolie

Or possibly it's 4G for life? Eventually once 5G, etc. start rolling out and new price plans too then, over time, this deal will look less attractive.

I queried them on Friday about 5g and only got a response this morning, not within 24hrs like they advertise.
    Buts its great news if true.

Me: Hi, im really interested in switching to Gomo as it seems like fantastic value.
    Can you tell me please will 5G be available on Gomo when its rolled out next year?
    Thanks

Gomo: Hey!

Yes it will be!

Kind Regards,

GoMo Customer Care

damien wrote: »
    Sorry, tried to edit this into original post: They have a sneaky activation fee of €9.99 too. So first month is actually €19.98

My reading of it is that the first month is pro-rata to the number of days its activated plus the activation charge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

lolie wrote: »
    I queried them on Friday about 5g and only got a response this morning, not within 24hrs like they advertise.
    Buts its great news if true.

Me: Hi, im really interested in switching to Gomo as it seems like fantastic value.
    Can you tell me please will 5G be available on Gomo when its rolled out next year?
    Thanks

Gomo: Hey!

Yes it will be!

Kind Regards,

GoMo Customer Care

This deal is looking better by the minute. Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

madmoe wrote: »
    An Post did try to deliver this morning apparently! Rang my buzzer, I said hello twice and nobody answered back?
    I once had a delivery guy ring the bell and immediately sprint back to the van to leave. I guess it counts as a devilery attempt. Put a mattress by the door. :)

Download: 7.06
    Upload: 11.4
    Latency: 31ms

Damn good for Tralee. Good enough for streaming HD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

kn wrote: »
    [URL="file:///C:/Users/patmt/Downloads/google%20speed%20test%20-%20Google%20Search.pdf"]file:///C:/Users/patmt/Downloads/google%20speed%20test%20-%20Google%20Search.pdf[/URL]

Thats not how the internet works, Pat.

God only knows how they are prioritizing their order process/completion ??

Two mates who ordered after me (by approx. 30 and 36 hrs.), one has his SIM and the other has number/Pin assigned on website.
    I have neither, all in Dublin.
    Makes you wonder

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

Guys sorry if this has been asked multiple times already but I just want to make sure:

I am currently on Eir's €20 monthly deal. I get data plus calls OR texts

Can someone confirm that with Gomo I will get data plus calls AND texts for €9.99?

Both of the above are on the same network so the only difference is the price?

Am I correct?

• Advertisement

Sparkrite wrote: »

Two mates who ordered after me (by approx. 30 and 36 hrs.), one has his SIM and the other has number/Pin assigned on website.
    Makes you wonder

in the same boat myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Anyone get their voicemail working? It doesn't really bother me my last one was a message to send me a text but I'd like to be able to set one in case I want to go off the radar for a few days, hols etc

Anyone get their voicemail working? It doesn't really bother me my last one was a message to send me a text but I'd like to be able to set one in case I want to go off the radar for a few days, hols etc

Don't think so, but it will be fixed in 24Hrs as they have been saying for the last 48Hrs. !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,402 ✭✭✭sk8board

Makes you wonder

We’re any of you porting your number in? The other networks do it in batches. I imagine the like of O2 and Vodafone had 10,000 ports to do this week and more to come.

FWIW, I was on to Virgin Mobile support yesterday (I'm on VM) asking if I would get a refund for the unused portion of the month if I ported out, i.e. cancelled. They said I would but sure who knows if that'll pan out or not...

Anyways, they asked why I was leaving so I took the opportunity to say I'd stay with VM if they could price-match GoMo - for my account at least.

They declined my offer :)

Just off the phone with Virgin Mobile Billing - turns out you DO NOT GET A REFUND for the unused portion of your pre-paid month. Soon as you port out your account is closed. That's all that happens.

• Advertisement

Can someone confirm that with Gomo I will get data plus calls AND texts for €9.99?

Dear God !

Did you even throw a cursory glance at their website ??

YES, YES, YES.

You would get banned from other forums for less.:D

Guys sorry if this has been asked multiple times already but I just want to make sure:

Not sorry enough to actually check yourself though...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Got sim but it has different number

Webchat is useless on the site

Dear God !

Did you even throw a cursory glance at their website ??

YES, YES, YES.

You would get banned from other forums for less.:D

So stop feeding the answers and it'll stop.

biggebruv wrote: »

Yes the SIM has a number until you port your number. Check online when yours is due to port

If it has a different number than the one shown in your online account, then you have been delivered the wrong SIM.

AFAIK you will have to contact them. Best of luck.

Yes the SIM has a number until you port your number. Check online when yours is due to port

How do I port?

How do I port?

It's all on their website
    https://gomo.ie/joining-getting-started-with-gomo/#move-number

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Makes you wonder
    #

Me too.

I left my eir contract and am on PAYG waiting for the sim and its costing me a lot in credit plus I have no data - very frustrating.

Ok I confirmed for 9 am tomorrow so I will put this sim into my phone tomorrow at 9 then I’m sorted?

Web chat still nothing

• Advertisement

Ok I confirmed for 9 am tomorrow so I will put this sim into my phone tomorrow at 9 then I’m sorted?

We chat still nothing

Don't change until it's ported. When your old SIM losses network pop in the new SIM. Mine was 18 hours late (over weekend is a bad idea)

Don't change until it's ported. When your old SIM losses network pop in the new SIM. Mine was 18 hours late (over weekend is a bad idea)

An ok so the number on the go mo sim gets changed to my current number?

An ok so the number on the go mo sim gets changed to my current number?

Exactly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,914 ✭✭✭AngelaRI

Just a heads up on the port: they quote 2-4 hours to complete the port, but I'm still offline and was eventually told it varies and can take up to 24 hours to complete.
    What I found when my number port started was that I was able to make outgoing calls and text and they showed up with my ported number, but can't receive incoming calls or text (invalid number shows up), and this is due to the port process still being in progress I'm told. Probably slower due to the greater than expected volumes.
    At work in South Dublin I have 4G, going to give a good test at home this evening as my old sim (Three) dropped to next to nothing (we're talking barely a single bar of the lowest tier of data, not even 2G) in my house and my entire neighbourhood, whereas vodafone has great 4G reception there.
    On the plus side, when I ordered my sim last Tuesday, it arrived on Friday in time for my Monday service request. My number port was set up for today (I guess to ensure ample time for delivery before the port started), so impressed with that, and I had great response from the customer service reps on the online chat when I queried my connectivity issues with incoming connections. Those poor reps must be inundated with queries, and I'd wager a good number of them upset and not too friendly, so I tried to keep mine friendly and positive and understanding even though I'm rather frustrated at the delay (no online portal that uses OTP for MFA security works without incoming SMS! Including my mobile banking). But this should hopefully be resolved tomorrow and then the speed test!!

Exactly

Thanks for the help better than the gomo online help which is still waiting btw for an agent lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

2 sims arrived today, had port date set for november 1st but changed to today. both was ported within a couple of minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

I signed up last week and selected the activation date of the SIM for the 31st of this month. SIM arrived today but I didnt get an email since I signed up and checked junk mail?. I would have thought id have at least got a auto verification email by this point?. Im kinda now uncertain was it the 31st!
    Just wondered could I bring activating the SIM forward or am I locked into the 31st?
    I tried just putting the SIM in to see would it automatically work and was told to put in the code I scratched but there was nowhere apparent to send the code!?.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 TheRodgers

anyone else getting so service when they put in new sim and try to activate it? i contacted then through web chat and they have no answer except it is a known issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,914 ✭✭✭AngelaRI

2 sims arrived today, had port date set for november 1st but changed to today. both was ported within a couple of minutes.

9 hours and still porting (outgoing works, incoming 'invalid number')
    I get the occasional text sneaking through but mostly incoming connections are rejected still... 9:37 this morning I got the text confirming my port was starting

• Advertisement

califano wrote: »
    I signed up last week and selected the activation date of the SIM for the 31st of this month. SIM arrived today but I didnt get an email since I signed up and checked junk mail?. I would have thought id have at least got a auto verification email by this point?. Im kinda now uncertain was it the 31st!
    Just wondered could I bring activating the SIM forward or am I locked into the 31st?
    I tried just putting the SIM in to see would it automatically work and was told to put in the code I scratched but there was nowhere apparent to send the code!?.

Have you used a mobile phone before?

The 'code' I would assume is the PIN, requested on the phone screen, you type it in by using the virtual keyboard.

BTW. it is a 'port' date you select NOT an activation date.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement