Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭E30i

I'm having a problem with the 'Verified by VISA' service where they text you a number to enter to complette the payment.

I'm not receiving the Texts and BOI advise me its not their issue. I've emailed customer support but not received a reply yet. Anyone else have a similar issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

BailMeOut wrote: »
    SIMs arrived yesterday. One works perfectly, the other everything works except outbound calls and get a message saying outbound calling is barred. Anyone any idea what this would happen? Both SIMs were ported from Vodafone.

24 hours later and its working!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

Loads of folks are having issues receiving these texts: https://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057519923/26

Seems to effect VM (although I got my BoI text when purchasing on VM) but I think I've seen a few reports of other MVNO customers experiencing the same problem. I don't have a solution for you though...

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    Probably on the edge of eir's 4g? Or contention in your area?

I thought it was the edge of a 4g eir area for me but after 9pm at night or so till about 7am my 4g is up to ~24mbps d/l, during the day at home it's barely hitting 1mbps d/l

It's no problem for me as H+ is more than enough even if I needed it at home. (~10mbps)
    Out and about, 4G is fine for me so far which is where I need it.

PS My call quality has hugely improved over VF's believe it or not - no dropped calls (constant in my home) and as I say way better call clarity
    Unsure. I'm in Dublin city centre. Download speed here with Virgin was brilliant, but this is awful. Weirdly enough upload speed is faster than VM. I'll check again at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Old McGroin

Hi all, scheduled my number to be ported this morning at 8:05 am. I still have the default Gomo number as of right now but have checked my old Three SIM and see that my number is no longer on it. So it seems that Three have taken care of their end of things already. When I have ported from networks before as soon as my old provider gives the go ahead the number is ported nearly straight away, so a bit worrying. Anyone else have this issue?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Oige1981

In Waterford today and 4G+ appeared the download went to 74.3mb and 28.2 Upload which is very impressive! Beats my partners Vodafone speed! haven’t ported my number yet but for €9.99 a month this is serious impressive - coming from Tesco Mobile.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Old McGroin

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Have you tried calling your "old" Three number?

Just tried calling it from my own phone, get automated message saying "leave a message for someone else, press 1, to get to your own mailbox, press 2."

Tried texting the number, nothing comes through.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭JTMan

The GoMo website now states on their homepage that "your new SIM will be delivered within 10 working days." The website originally stated 2 days and then 5 days.

More evidence as to the popularity of this offer but a long wait to get your sim in the post.

Anecdotal evidence, from mates and work colleagues, is that a large number have signed up for this offer.

Looks like GoMo is off to a very strong start.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

Much better speeds at home than in work.
    JTMan wrote: »
    The GoMo website now states on their homepage that "your new SIM will be delivered within 10 working days." The website originally stated 2 days and then 5 days.

More evidence as to the popularity of this offer but a long wait to get your sim in the post.

Anecdotal evidence, from mates and work colleagues, is that a large number have signed up for this offer.

Looks like GoMo is off to a very strong start.
    When I was picking up my sim at the sorting office, 3 people behind me were doing the same. Think they hit the perfect price point for the services.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

Eir has limited their Sim Only Plans and risen the prices, GoMo could be their answer to Tesco Mobile and Lyca Mobile really low prices.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Hardtochoose

Anyone still having trouble with iMessage ? It won’t activate. Have tried everything , keep getting error ‘error occurred during activation. Try again”.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,765 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Ported over last week. No issues there. I have however noticed that when I log in it now says I have no active plan assigned even though it did up to yesterday at least and I can still call/text/use data. Hopefully I don't get a text soon to say I've hit the €30 limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 LimkTeach

Ordered last Wednesday evening. Arrived today. I logged in at 17.13 and arranged to port at 17.15. Was super fast and easy. Pulled out VM sim put in GoMo and worked perfectly. Interested to see what coverage is like over the weekend as I will be travelling through a good few counties and rural areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭shmeee

Ordered GoMo Sim @ 7pm last Tuesday, arrived yesterday Monday am, did not need to sign for it.

Changed port to 5.30pm this evening via my GoMo Account.

My Eir Sim went dead @ 5.34pm, inserted GoMo Sim into handset. No issues, data, texts and calls all fine.

Did speed test and exact same as was getting with Eir, 14Mbps download and 12Mbps upload. Outskirts of a town in Tipperary. That's fine for me as have WiFi also.

All good!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

People aren't signing up because they seen some eejit pulling a stupid pose. They're signing up because it's a tenner a month. A lot of the interest was from the initial post on this thread which had none of those marketing images.

If this was €30 a month, nobody would be interested in it. The marketing images are shíte, that doesn't change whether the offering is good value or not. If they had some other marketing images people would still be aware of it and they would still be signing up for it.

Exactly. I normally switch off or fast forward when ads are on. I only signed up after reading this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Baoithin66

Ant idea what are the charges for calls to landlines?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Baoithin66 wrote: »

Included in unlimited calls

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

A tenner a month for all calls and texts etc etc......

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Ordered Thursday at 8AM. Email same time.
    Yesterday got an email with my account number.

Not delivered yet. Considering we had Wednesdays delivered today Im hoping for delivery tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Heighway61

Anyone else get a blank email from GoMo?

Signed up last wednesday. Set port date to tomorrow. No sim yet. Have received texts saying they were pushing out my port date twice.

Jus now received an email from noreply@gomo.ie with subject "Welcome to GoMo" but nothing in the body.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

Talking to postie this morning when he delivered my 2 sims (ordered last Wednesday morning) he asked me what was in the package as he had delivered hundreds in the last few days. Said he was signing up tonight.
    5 of my family members and 10+ in work have signed up.
    I'm happy with the speeds I'm getting in home (Limerick) and work (Shannon). Switching from 3.
    This is a game changer. Waiting to see how the other providers react.
    Interesting times indeed.

Heighway61 wrote: »
    Anyone else get a blank email from GoMo?

Signed up last wednesday. Set port date to tomorrow. No sim yet. Have received texts saying they were pushing out my port date twice.

Jus now received an email from noreply@gomo.ie with subject "Welcome to GoMo" but nothing in the body.

I got the same blank email when I signed up, not afterwards.

Baoithin66 wrote: »

Here we go again...

• Registered Users Posts: 19 PantlessNoodle

Has anyone put one of these sim cards in a router? If so any issues? Thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

LimkTeach wrote: »
    Ordered last Wednesday evening. Arrived today. I logged in at 17.13 and arranged to port at 17.15. Was super fast and easy. Pulled out VM sim put in GoMo and worked perfectly. Interested to see what coverage is like over the weekend as I will be travelling through a good few counties and rural areas.
    shmeee wrote: »
    Ordered GoMo Sim @ 7pm last Tuesday, arrived yesterday Monday am, did not need to sign for it.

Changed port to 5.30pm this evening via my GoMo Account.

My Eir Sim went dead @ 5.34pm, inserted GoMo Sim into handset. No issues, data, texts and calls all fine.

Did speed test and exact same as was getting with Eir, 14Mbps download and 12Mbps upload. Outskirts of a town in Tipperary. That's fine for me as have WiFi also.

All good!

Got my sim today too and scheduled port for 12:20 ,it still not after porting over for me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

Tried eir Sim in my house and no 4G at all compared to 3, that's a pity

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭softdancomputer

The Cush wrote: »
    LTE = 4G

Actually isnt, its 3.95G and it was just a stunt of the carriers at the time to advertise 4G
    [HTML]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LTE_(telecommunication)[/HTML]

Actually isnt, its 3.95G and it was just a stunt of the carriers at the time to advertise 4G
    [HTML]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LTE_(telecommunication)[/HTML]

That ship has sailed long ago. They're all 4G now. Blame the marketing department.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,505 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

and from that same site "ITU later decided that LTE together with the aforementioned technologies can be called 4G technologies"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭shmeee

Got my sim today too and scheduled port for 12:20 ,it still not after porting over for me...

My friend had problem with Eir as had broandband and phone line attached to his Eir account and that seemed to cause issues. Still not solved.

What network you porting from?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement