Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Sparkrite

Phew!

Just ploughed through the entire thread, all 2003 posts !

I reckon it could easily be condensed into about 20 posts, bar the user experience posts.
    Practically all questions are answered by reading the FAQ linked to in the OP.

RE.:- people not bothering to try to help themselves by spending a little, of their own, time doing a search but instead expect other people to waste/spend their time to answer a post when it has been answered many many times before, is in my estimation the height of bad manners. It is in effect, saying, "My time is too important to spend time searching, but yours isn't."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

Sparkrite wrote: »
    Phew!

RE.:- people not bothering to try to help themselves by spending a little, of their own, time doing a search but instead expect other people to waste/spend their time to answer a post when it has been answered many many times before, is in my estimation the height of bad manners. It is in effect, saying, "My time is too important to spend time searching, but yours isn't."

Yes, someone should do something about that :)
    Yes I understand that but why not just reply "this is already answered " instead of unnecesssry ridiculing comments like "did you not even read the website " or "answered a million times already ". Absolutely no need for it . I've made my point . Hope someone sees it and agrees and does something about it . Back to topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Seems like a good idea. More controllable and means that Sims aren't assigned to be ported before they arrive.

Impressive how they've managed to change the system to react to real life situations.

Fun and games on their Facebook page!!

https://www.facebook.com/GoMoIre/?modal=admin_todo_tour

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

‘Chat is unavailable, try later’

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    ‘Chat is unavailable, try later’

They seem to be very active on the Facebook page - might be worth sending them a message there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Hibernicis

Hibernicis wrote: »
    Sign-up complete.

Bye Bye Vodafone. It’s been nice knowing you these last 25 years..... ever since my eircell 088

Signed up last Tuesday at 20:39
    SIM arrived by post yesterday
    Put it in my phone at 10pm last night and had 4G signal straight away.
    Logged on at 11 last night and booked my port for 8:30am this morning.
    Port completed by 8:50.
    All working. No issues.

broadbandspeedtest.ie details:

At home 74.1 down, 19.1 up
    At gym 70.1 down, 21.2 up

Voda signal in the gym was usually 3G with 1 bar - now I can at least listen to stream radio/music in the gym while saving €300 annually.

Happy happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭_John C

Anyone solve this? Just ported my number.
    "
    You've reached your account credit limit, you won't be able to go out of bundle until after your next billing date. To speak to our chat team or view our faqs go to www.GoMo.ie. That's it!"

Cant speak to the chat team
    "Hello! Next available customer representative will be with you shortly.

Chat is unavailable now. Please try again later."

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭pat1981

Ordered 2 sims, received.
    Started the porting process at 1pm yesterday still showing in progress, was with virgin previously. gomo chat now is unavailable, looks like i'll have to send a email and wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

pat1981 wrote: »
    Ordered 2 sims, received.
    Started the porting process at 1pm yesterday still showing in progress, was with virgin previously. gomo chat now is unavailable, looks like i'll have to send a email and wait.

Keep checking it comes and goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

Ordered last Tuesday. Spoke to chat yesterday who assured me I'd get the SIM today. No sign of it. Ridiculous at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I get a bit of a 90's vibe from those ads, not sure if it is the bright, garish colours or the clothing the actors wear.

Still I don't buy a service because of their ads! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭editorsean

Suckit wrote: »
    Talking about the pros and cons and what the actual catch may be "There's always a catch"
    On radio one right now
    https://www.rte.ie/radio1/

The podcast clip for anyone interested:
    https://podcast.rasset.ie/podcasts/audio/2019/1022/20191022_rteradio1-seanorourke-newnofrill_c21640956_21640965_232_.mp3

• Registered Users Posts: 15,516 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

I get a bit of a 90's vibe from those ads, not sure if it is the bright, garish colours or the clothing the actors wear.

Still I don't buy a service because of their ads! :D

A piece here on The Tenth Man advertising agency that put together the campaign - https://www.adworld.ie/2019/10/18/the-tenth-man-rolls-out-game-changing-campaign-for-new-mobile-service-gomo/

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

The ads are shít just like the website. It's just a bunch of pictures young people doing stupid poses in front of a solid colour background. It's so generic. They could be advertising anything. Just look at this image with the tag line 'Simplicity':

simplicity-people-1.png

How does a picture of some gimp with a terrible tracksuit and constipation convey simplicity?

Regardless, the price is still great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭jakdublin

One thing that's terrible is the ads as it doesn't look like there is one Irish person in it....

What would you expect? Leprechauns? Comly maidens? Freckles? Red heads?
    They all "look Irish" to me.

Me too. Punisher must be living in a cave the last few decades.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

The ads are shít just like the website. It's just a bunch of pictures young people doing stupid poses in front of a solid colour background. It's so generic. They could be advertising anything. Just look at this image with the tag line 'Simplicity':

simplicity-people-1.png

How does a picture of some gimp with a terrible tracksuit and constipation convey simplicity?

Looks like the result of middle age marketers trying to be 'hip' and 'cool'

It's terrible

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Same **** happens in all advertising, look at shaving/shampoo etc. I need those products and couldn't give a rats ass what the ads do, same for my mobile network provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,392 ✭✭✭fletch

One thing that's terrible is the ads as it doesn't look like there is one Irish person in it....
    Why is it terrible? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

simplicity-people-1.png

And yet here we are, all swayed by the marketing (which encompases the 9.99 price tag) with a significant chunk of posters going for it. I would suggest the marketing is working. People are aware of the brand, and they have a very specific demo. Are the people in this thread that are giving out about the campaign part of this demo they're targeting? i.e. twenty somethings looking for "subscription" pricing (note how bill pay is almost absent from their marketing... it's "9.99 a month..." just like Spotify / Netflix...).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Three's promo text this afternoon wouldn't exactly make you re-consider!

493534.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Pen Rua wrote: »
    And yet here we are, all swayed by the marketing (which encompases the 9.99 price tag) with a significant chunk of posters going for it. I would suggest the marketing is working. People are aware of the brand, and they have a very specific demo. Are the people in this thread that are giving out about the campaign part of this demo they're targeting? i.e. twenty somethings looking for "subscription" pricing (note how bill pay is almost absent from their marketing... it's "9.99 a month..." just like Spotify / Netflix...).

People aren't signing up because they seen some eejit pulling a stupid pose. They're signing up because it's a tenner a month. A lot of the interest was from the initial post on this thread which had none of those marketing images.

If this was €30 a month, nobody would be interested in it. The marketing images are shíte, that doesn't change whether the offering is good value or not. If they had some other marketing images people would still be aware of it and they would still be signing up for it.

fletch wrote: »
    Why is it terrible? :confused:

Go back and look.... I couldn't have made it any clearerer.....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,423 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

There's an advertising forum around somewhere but this ain't it. This is a bargain forum with some discussion about the quality of the bargain which ultimately relates to the reason to go with the bargain.

People aren't signing up because they seen some eejit pulling a stupid pose. They're signing up because it's a tenner a month. A lot of the interest was from the initial post on this thread which had none of those marketing images.

If this was €30 a month, nobody would be interested in it. The marketing images are shíte, that doesn't change whether the offering is good value or not. If they had some other marketing images people would still be aware of it and they would still be signing up for it.

The price and the data threw it for me....

Best deal I've ever seen and I just hope the signal will be up to it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

Getting absolutely atrocious download speeds. 0.12 download with 25Mb upload.

• Subscribers Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭.BrianJM

frosty123 wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm this?.. please

Worked okay for me.

The price and the data threw it for me....

Best deal I've ever seen and I just hope the signal will be up to it for me.

The price is great. I've been on €15 a month for unlimited or close to unlimited since iD first started and I've always considered that a very good deal. So, I was pleasantly surprised when I seen this come out.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭_Godot_

Got an email this morning, came home to find the package put through the door with no need to sign, just waiting for my number to port over, hopefully, at four.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,372 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Just chanced CHAT there and they confirmed that you can hold off on a port for as long as you like, the option will be left there in your account.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Got the missus ported over finally, I'm sure you'll be delighted to hear lads :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement