Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

South Park WW ROLE MADNESS - Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

Vernon WW wrote: »
    Are you kidding me?

Actually Winifred how is this connected to your role?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

I voted for Steve because I don’t like his constant questioning of people about their roles and how quick he was to agree with the possibility that everyone could be baddies
    Emily WW wrote: »
    Evening again. I’ve been working tonight so only catching up on the last couple of hours now.

I voted for Steve because he was flat out asking for roles. I queried whether a wolf could be this brave but I also thought it could be a “hiding in plain site” kind of move.

I was and still am seriously against a no lynch vote.

I said that D1 is usually a blind shot but Steve peaked my interest more than anyone else

Emily and Gertrude with the same reasoning and 20 minutes apart again. It's just a very strange coincidence that you're both thinking along very similar lines and posting at similar times.

Senan WW wrote: »
    The bang of wolf off this post is overpowering

Why? I'm not seeing that

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Winifred WW

Actually Winifred how is this connected to your role?

Not connected in anyway.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Henry WW wrote: »
    Emily and Gertrude with the same reasoning and 20 minutes apart again. It's just a very strange coincidence that you're both thinking along very similar lines and posting at similar times.

Or maybe we are just reading the same thread! Is D0 not much to go on!

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

I don’t think it’s that unusual that people who voted for Steve have over lapping reasons.

And Oisin and I posted below within a few mins of each other which sort of overlap the point on jester
    Oisin WW wrote: »
    Its not new. Its been done before.

Best strategy is to ignore it and keep an eye out for anyone being TWTBAW.

Unless we peek the jester, or take them out with a RV power, or wolves do us a favour, not much more than we can do than that.

In work now. Can do proper reading.
    Conor WW wrote: »
    Anybody wolfy who the wolves don’t kill should prob be lynched. I don’t think the wolves want the jester lynched anymore then we do. However anything too obvious we may have to either shoot or hope some other power is used to kill jester or we wait until munch in morning. If wolves suspect a jester aswell they will surly munch for self preservation and if they don’t we lynch the next night assuming the potential target was a wolf.

So something obviously suspicious that makes a lynch target kind of easy we either kill with some other power or pass responsibility to wolves next morning. I think that’s a decent plan.

We also need to be careful for CFD although I’m not sure the wolves will even try this while one player could theoretically win the game with a panic lynch.

@Wini - you are a brave person to use the I am sick line after the last game :D

Oisin WW wrote: »
    Its not new. Its been done before.

Best strategy is to ignore it and keep an eye out for anyone being TWTBAW.

Unless we peek the jester, or take them out with a RV power, or wolves do us a favour, not much more than we can do than that.

In work now. Can do proper reading.

I've not seen it before? Is it different to sK? Can I get a bit of details please. Then probably I'll agree we need to ignore it!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

Eva WW wrote: »
    When "minors" come out, there's less room for "majors" to hide....

Who is to say what a minor and major is in this game though? We don't even know all the roles in it.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

I would agree if it was a very unique reason they were putting forward. However, people who ask too many questions early on in games always catch some shít from a few players. It must be Steve in this case.

I will take a closer look at Emily, Gertrude and Steve on my catch-up though.

• Advertisement

I've not seen it before? Is it different to sK? Can I get a bit of details please. Then probably I'll agree we need to ignore it!

I don’t think Oisin was saying ignore the jester, just that there is not much we can do about it at the moment and we shouldn’t have all our focus on the jester and none on the wolves.

Eva pointed out that by revealing a minor role ur giving less room for the major roles to hide

It’s a solid reason that Eva and I have bonded over

Again, how do you know which roles are minor and which are major?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

I think you need to look at the time stamps again - Steve had no votes when he made that comment.

Having said that, I could see him being jester with all the role pushing, but then why would that be a reason for people to vote him if Jester needs lynched to win? Makes no sense.

I'm not the jester, so I'm a safe Lynch. However like everyone else, I have a role. But my role is dependent on others roles. Hence the questioning.

I was calling for people not to no Lynch because I believe it gives us less info. If peoplel are forced to vote for actual lynches we can use that data. However a no Lynch gives people an easy out if there having trouble thinking if who to vote for.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Lucy WW

Wendy is about as trustworthy as De Valera

Conor WW wrote: »
    I don’t think it’s that unusual that people who voted for Steve have over lapping reasons.

And Oisin and I posted below within a few mins of each other which sort of overlap the point on jester

It's the second time it's happened if you look at their votes last night though. That's all, just making a note of it on-thread.

Doris WW wrote: »
    Morning all

Monday, yay :(

Morning Doris.

You come in with the above nothing post and thank Senan's hollow wolf accusation, and your only other action so far this morning is to agree with an unrelated, uninspiring, very obvious suggestion of Senan's...

Senan wrote:
    I think we’re fixating on the Jester too much cause it’s a new role and it’s in danger of overshadowing the wolf hunting

I’d like to see some FFAs later in the day. I predict carnage today, with so many players they have to have factored in additional kills. I’d like the vig to hold off if they can for a while
    Doris wrote:
    This makes sense. If the vig has a shot near lynch they could maybe act as a control on the jester trying to panic us into a lynch

Don't forget to switch that immersion off in the den before ye head out on this cool morning.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Wolves should be jester hunting this morning, which puts steve and wendy in the chopping line imo.

Just on the "how many wolves" issue. The stats say that wolves are about 21% of the total number of players. With 32 players, we're talking 6-ish wolves.

Maybe 5 with an SK and apprentice.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Desmond WW wrote: »
    Wolves should be jester hunting this morning, which puts steve and wendy in the chopping line imo.

Well if that's true they waste a munch on me as 1. Not the jester and 2. Boring minor role. So I'll happily take it for the village. However I'd prefer if they hit the actual joker.

I don’t think Oisin was saying ignore the jester, just that there is not much we can do about it at the moment and we shouldn’t have all our focus on the jester and none on the wolves.

PBest strategy is to ignore it and keep an eye out for anyone being TWTBAW.

Looks like he said ignore. Why you defending him?

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    Morning Doris.

You come in with the above nothing post and thank Senan's hollow wolf accusation, and your only other action so far this morning is to agree with an unrelated, uninspiring, very obvious suggestion of Senan's...

Don't forget to switch that immersion off in the den before ye head out on this cool morning.

Hmm you seem rattled for some reason......

Loving the way you call other people’s stuff obvious but you’re actually adding jack **** yourself

Lucy WW wrote: »
    Wendy is about as trustworthy as De Valera

giphy.gif

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Abigail WW wrote: »
    Who is to say what a minor and major is in this game though? We don't even know all the roles in it.

That will be for everyone to judge for themselves, I suppose. I'd imagine a seer isn't sitting there going "Am I important?".

Mind, my point was I don't think role reveals should be happening at all yet, so *shrug*

• Forum Games Player Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Senan WW

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    "I think we should focus on wolf-hunting" - No way!

I'm having a problem with my browser here - The name being displayed is 'Senan' when clearly it should be 'Einstein'.

All joking aside though, unless I see something different in my catch-up, you're a wolf in trying to pull the strings early in the day and throwing out 'Werewolves Top 5 Soundbytes' in the process. Absolutely nothing you've said there is unique, I thought fluff usually ends by Day 1.

Excellent jokes

What an original way to play, pick the person who calls you a wolf and accuse them of being one

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Lucy WW

We need to shoot Wendy, not lynch her.

Doris WW wrote: »
    Hmm you seem rattled for some reason......

Loving the way you call other people’s stuff obvious but you’re actually adding jack **** yourself

Lol, you accuse me of being rattled, contributing little and then respond with that? Oh Doris, clearly there's no mirrors or black pots in your den.

Excellent jokes

What an original way to play, pick the person who calls you a wolf and accuse them of being one

Why thank you very much.

PBest strategy is to ignore it and keep an eye out for anyone being TWTBAW.

Looks like he said ignore. Why you defending him?

I'm not defending anyone - I just don't think all our focus should be on the jester when there is also a wolf team in play.

Why did it take you so long to reply btw Senan? You plotting in a backroom in the lead-up to munch?

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Senan WW

Why? I'm not seeing that

It’s classic wolf first post, oh look I’m so busy I forgot this game was starting, I couldn’t possibly be a wolf given I’ve so little interest

Advertisement