Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

South Park WW ROLE MADNESS - Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Senan WW wrote: »
    Good post

Congratulations, on moving off my wolfy list

Recording my thoughts, I kinda trust you. At least more than I suspect you.

I think a vote on me stands out a little, but you could have jumped off it and onto a wagon. The fact you didn't, and your subsequent answer, kind of appeases me. If that makes sense.

Put it this way. I'm making a trust list, and you're on it for now. :)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

Angus WW wrote: »
    Actually where is it?

Here

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Regan WW wrote: »
    yep have a character and happy out with him

Is there an advantage/disadvantage to revealing characters?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Senan WW

Eva WW wrote: »
    Recording my thoughts, I kinda trust you. At least more than I suspect you.

I think a vote on me stands out a little, but you could have jumped off it and onto a wagon. The fact you didn't, and your subsequent answer, kind of appeases me. If that makes sense.

Put it this way. I'm making a trust list, and you're on it for now. :)

Whoop whoop

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Vernon WW wrote: »
    Here

You're firing blanks Venom

• Advertisement

Clodagh WW wrote: »

Eva pointed out that by revealing a minor role ur giving less room for the major roles to hide

It’s a solid reason that Eva and I have bonded over

Angus WW wrote: »
    You're firing blanks Venom

So every game I play with Vernon I want to lynch him, I don’t like the name at all

Venom I can get behind, stop my own prejudices

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Eva pointed out that by revealing a minor role ur giving less room for the major roles to hide

Sounds like that thing in twilight where that wolf guy bonds with that pregnant teens unborn baby.... Is that what this is?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 424 ✭✭Regan WW

Also maybe people could decide certain characters arent necessary and get rid of them quickly to move game along

Conor WW wrote: »
    Sounds like that thing in twilight where that wolf guy bonds with that pregnant teens unborn baby.... Is that what this is?

Nailed it

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Also maybe people could decide certain characters arent necessary and get rid of them quickly to move game along

But doesn’t that narrow down the pool of players for wolves to find our big hitting goodies?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

Howdy again

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

Again narrowing it down for the bigger roles. Some people are more equal than others. Every villager is important and we should be wolf hunting not ****e role popping

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Henry WW wrote: »
    So Emily, Gertrude and Patrick all voted Steve between 8.08pm, 8.22pm, and 8.39pm respectively.

At 7.57pm I totted the votes and while no-vote was highest, Lucy was second. At 8.04pm Steve said that we shouldn't go for no-vote.

Emily agrees with Wendy that no-lynch is pointless at 7.48pm, then nothing on-thread until 8.57pm. [votes at 8.08pm]
    Gertrude comments about resurrector at 8pm and nothing else on-thread. [votes at 8.22pm]
    Patrick comes on-thread at 8.40pm and notes his placeholder. He was subsequently on-thread discussing the votes. [retains placeholder vote from 8.39pm]

Could Emily and Gertrude explain their reasoning for their vote on Steve?

I voted for Steve because I don’t like his constant questioning of people about their roles and how quick he was to agree with the possibility that everyone could be baddies

Conor WW wrote: »
    But doesn’t that narrow down the pool of players for wolves to find our big hitting goodies?

it does, I suppose I just would like to last a bit longer in a game so I get a proper feel for it

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

The OP says that characters are not alignment indicative so not sure if there would be any implications if someone wanted to reveal their character (but not their role) but that’s up to each player

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

Is our Jester in the last group? Would be my bet at the moment

Few wolves probably hiding in the no lynch wagon. A very safe harbour for a wolf to stick a vote.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Emily WW

So Emily, Gertrude and Patrick all voted Steve between 8.08pm, 8.22pm, and 8.39pm respectively.

At 7.57pm I totted the votes and while no-vote was highest, Lucy was second. At 8.04pm Steve said that we shouldn't go for no-vote.

Emily agrees with Wendy that no-lynch is pointless at 7.48pm, then nothing on-thread until 8.57pm. [votes at 8.08pm]
    Gertrude comments about resurrector at 8pm and nothing else on-thread. [votes at 8.22pm]
    Patrick comes on-thread at 8.40pm and notes his placeholder. He was subsequently on-thread discussing the votes. [retains placeholder vote from 8.39pm]

Could Emily and Gertrude explain their reasoning for their vote on Steve?

Evening again. I’ve been working tonight so only catching up on the last couple of hours now.

I voted for Steve because he was flat out asking for roles. I queried whether a wolf could be this brave but I also thought it could be a “hiding in plain site” kind of move.

I was and still am seriously against a no lynch vote.

I said that D1 is usually a blind shot but Steve peaked my interest more than anyone else

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

You voted Phil. You could see from the lynch thread that he had one vote and that by voting for him, you weren't countering the no lynch position.

You're just as much to blame as those who voted no lynch.

Thats a fair point.

My rationale was that a no lynch is a cowards way to play.

Steve and Lucy , in my eyes were playing erraticly. Usually on day 1 I would put there behaviour down ro either a non fearing NRV or a rolled player tasking,

These players usually draw the attention of panocy villagers looking fot anyone to lynch.

My first thought is Jester for these, though Im far from right.

But I take your point, my vote for Phil did nothing, I would have been better voting for Regan perhaps rather than wasting my vote on random. Regan isnt wolfy but hes as good as anyone to by lynched first that wasnt Lucy or Steve.

Brendan WW wrote: »
    Thats a fair point.

But I take your point, my vote for Phil did nothing, I would have been better voting for Regan perhaps rather than wasting my vote on random. Regan isnt wolfy but hes as good as anyone to by lynched first that wasnt Lucy or Steve.

Out of interest why me rather then the others who had multiple votes?

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Why you over Lucy or Steve? Is that what your asking?

I was asking about characters rather than roles.

I was asking about characters rather than roles.

And just for anyone who doesn't know their Kenny's from their Cartman's

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_South_Park_characters

Drill through the links and you should find a biography of your character, things about me i just never knew, probably because I just don't watch it!

Brendan WW wrote: »
    Why you over Lucy or Steve? Is that what your asking?

yes

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

8 non voters and a no lynch majority... not sure if we can learn much from that.

But we can learn from how people were acting -

Steve has now asked for peoples roles at least 5 times and also wants to know peoples least likely wolf or in other words who villagers are.

Eva thinks a wolf might be in the Steve wagon but isn’t sure how it started. Why focus on the Steve vote? I’m afraid he could be a jester but I see why People would vote for the guy who keeps asking for roles before day 1 has even started. Henry wants this explained too

Now I could zero in on these 2 wanting the village to focus on a group whose motivations seem obvious to me instead of more questionable actions but Henry also posts the below as part of his post asking for it

If Steve is one of the most voted for why is he vocal against a no lynch? Maybe he wants to be lynched.

Strongest possible Jester lean for me.

Obviously there is the chance a wolf might look like the jester but hopefully the wolves too want to take out the jester as their lynching can cost them the game just as much as it can the village.

Probably won’t be voting for him but
    I wish for Steve WW to have a forced role reveal

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Morning all. So if everyone one has a role, they have at least one power to use? Or does it just mean they have a character name? Either way, everyone revealing will ruin the game imo. Reveal if you must to save yourself, thats different.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

Good Morning fellow villagers. Are we ready to lynch Lucy now after yesterday’s wasted opportunity?

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29066d04c2f83a8cfda0729d848798c7d0e66f84de&rid=giphy.gif

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Again, why wendy? Whats with this reign of terror?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Morning all. Sorry I missed getting a vote in last night. Wont be making that mistake again. Working off mobile so hard to get a handle on the numbers but has everyone now checked in?

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

Sorry for missing yesterday mostly folks, couldn't be helped. Doing my catching up now.

Advertisement