Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

South Park WW ROLE MADNESS - Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Patrick WW

Doris WW wrote: »
    Actually, it’s interesting they have to find that specific player. Would that indicate cartman is separate to the wolf group?

I'm starting lean towards Cartman being the jester, I mean hunting a specific player is a strange role so it would only lend itself to Jester or SK IMO

• Forum Games Player Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Senan WW

Gertie's ISO, not a lot to go on if I was to pick one player who would have gone after her it would have been Steve!

Morning all.

In relation to the non posters and non voters - this game wasn’t due to start until today so I don’t think we can hold it against people if they didn’t know the game had started.

Now people that don’t post / vote today is a different story!

Throws shade on Steve, understandably so
    Yes cause if he was a goodie then he would know there are goodies so would know everyone wasn’t a baddie.

Explains her vote on Steve
    I voted for Steve because I don’t like his constant questioning of people about their roles and how quick he was to agree with the possibility that everyone could be baddies

Defends Oisin
    I don’t think Oisin was saying ignore the jester, just that there is not much we can do about it at the moment and we shouldn’t have all our focus on the jester and none on the wolves.

Then a bit of chat around the Jester
    I've never seen the jester played before either, could be similar to a derp role but the derp can never usually win on its own. The OP doesn't say anything about the jester having a kill but there would have to more than just munches and lynches given the number of players or we could be playing for ages.

Ok so I have checked the glossary of roles in the other thread and this is all it says for Jester:

the Jesters sole purpose is to get lynched. If they can get lynched, they win

To me it wouldn't make sense the Jester having a kill as it doesn't do anything to help its chances of winning.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

Wendy WW wrote: »
    Ok guys here it is.
    The eagerly awaited South Park Jester & Wolf list:

Jester: Regan
    Wolf: Orla AKA Double Agent LuLa
    Wolf: Lucy AKA Double Agent LuLa
    Wolf: Ewan
    Wolf: Desmond
    Wolf: Senan - Still 50/50 on him but worth lynching anyway.
    giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f2927ccf2d7aef2a3e98e9a134e261b5ca3c5dae99b&rid=giphy.gif

What's your reasons tho?

Patrick WW wrote: »
    Not lovers anyway, Cartman killed Tenormans parents and fed then to him :D

I've had some girlfriends like that

Actually, it’s interesting they have to find that specific player. Would that indicate cartman is separate to the wolf group?

I wouldnt jump to that conclusion, could be an apprentice looking to find one of the wolves and get converted if they do find them

• Advertisement

Senan WW wrote: »
    I've had some girlfriends like that

Eh okay :D mental note not to trust your judgement

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Lucy WW

So, let's shoot Wendy and Lynch Orla.

Lucy WW wrote: »

Is there a correlation between the two? Like if you shoot Wendy and she's good then you'd still lynch Orla or you'd have a change of tactic?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

So not a great start to life in the town.
    Losing the Satan role seems like it could be a major sting in the tail.
    Hard to tell in a game full of roled players but we may also have lost an SK hunter. I wouldnt have thought the cartman character fits well with a Jester role but then the mods have warned that characters don't necessarily fit with an expected alignment.

I presume Steve getting munched was because he screamed wish granter, at least in hindsight. Or possibly it was just Jester hunting.
    Given the field of play I wouldn't be surprised if not a single wolf voted for Steve. But potentially anyone who switched from an earlier Steve vote will be suspect. Which I'll check.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

Ewan WW wrote: »
    What's your reasons tho?

The first 600 posts. Oh sorry....I forgot you missed most of yesterday and joined the no lynch wolf wagon. (Even though you were on line all day and posted 7 times!).

Game over mate, time to start running for cover.

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f292784aac1ee1bff21f5779d87a2c4c3b2d56c123a&rid=giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

Ok guys here it is.
    The eagerly awaited South Park Jester & Wolf list:

Jester: Regan
    Wolf: Orla AKA Double Agent LuLa
    Wolf: Lucy AKA Double Agent LuLa
    Wolf: Ewan
    Wolf: Desmond
    Wolf: Senan - Still 50/50 on him but worth lynching anyway.
    giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f2927ccf2d7aef2a3e98e9a134e261b5ca3c5dae99b&rid=giphy.gif

???

Lucy WW wrote: »

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f295f1018238b36655e7c802b6018b65a1be18897f8&rid=giphy.gif

Fiona WW wrote: »
    ???

????

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

"Eric Cartman Hunter"

Any ideas on what the Eric Cartman role would be? SK?

Hunter If you are killed, take someone down with you.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

source.gif

Get in to work, log on and find out I may have been poisoned - great start!

????

Throwing darts at random

Throwing darts at random

Logic to it all. Have you read all post since yesterday? Who’s on your list?

P.S.: I’m not sure if you’re new to this game but Team Village needs proactive players not negative non constructive comments.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Senan WW wrote: »
    I'm not sure on that one, I didn't vote for him so I've no skin in the game but if you're the wolves you're jester hunting surely, so the people who voted steve are looking for the opposite?

I'd go so far as to say that I'd have Emily / Gertrude / Patrick on my lean village pile on that basis alone

Priority One for the wolves at lynch time will be not getting lynched. They might Jester hunt during their munches, but the chances of hitting the jester in munch one are the lowest they will ever be for them.

Given the wolves decided to munch Steve, it means they have some reason (no matter how small) to want Steve off the board. The fact Steve was high up the lynch list last night would have even meant that they could have left him in play in case he'd get lynched tonight.

Steve was the wish granter, which we can wager was a pretty powerful role. If the wolves, for instance, got a peek somehow, and learned Steve was Satan, maybe they felt it was necessary to burn him quickly. They could have tried to organize a lynch, and when that didn't work, they didn't take the risk of letting him get past munch today in case he could start granting wishes.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

And worth a try....
    Oh mighty Satan,

I wish our wish granter was not dead. I wish that Steve was brought back to life.

Steves ISO, lot of fluff. I'm always loathe to put too much stock in the early munches thoughts, they're shooting in the dark as much as the rest of us

Links Wendy and Wini, one I'll be putting in my notes although I'm not sure how much basis it has
    Steve WW wrote: »
    Unless they're the jester or a wolf... If she flips red I'll bet coming for you. Why her and not someone else

Pulls up Clodagh who arrives in after not voting with wise advice, I actually like this shout, Clodagh moves to the leaning wolf pile for me
    Handy time to come in with this info... 7 minutes after a Lynch would have occurred, had there been one...

Wolf

Had a go at Regan as well, another on my lean wolf list
    You still haven't answered a question here. You're just taking around yourself. Coming across very strange when I just asked a simple question

Cosied up to Henry
    Nice spot. Is like to hear these reasons too

Finally settles on Gertie and Ewan, doesn't give any reasons
    Gertrude and Ewan piqued my radar early on. I'm staying on Ewan unless something pops up.

In terms of jester I'm not sure. I think they're too afraid to push hard out of the gate, so I don't think we'll see anything huge from them until later.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Necro wrote: »
    Mod Announcements

south-park-s17e09c01-previously-on-south-park-16x9.jpg?quality=0.8

Steve WW has been found dead, mostly eaten.

Gertrude WW has been shot dead in the street

Their souls still hang by a thread however.... for another hour

Derry WW and Liam WW have been poisoned.

One of these is fake, one of these is real.

They have until lynch to be cured, or....

giphy.gif

This concludes the mornings announcements.... for now

Can we assume based on two deaths that there is an sk role? Is this separate to the shot that was fired yesterday? The poison: this seems likely to be a wolf power?

Thoughts folks?

Eva WW wrote: »
    And worth a try....
    Oh mighty Satan,

I wish our wish granter was not dead. I wish that Steve was brought back to life.

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29c2b6f2c2a5f47432476f44d23c5a321eb4b810ac&rid=giphy.gif

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Cant do this alone, get wishing people, and I'll see what I can do.

But was Steve not the wish granter or did I read that wrong?

Logic to it all. Have you read all post since yesterday? Who’s on your list?

P.S.: I’m not sure if you’re new to this game but Team Village needs proactive players not negative non constructive comments.

I've skimmed some of it. Don't have time to read 600 posts right now tbh.

Anything of note in it all?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Can we assume based on two deaths that there is an sk role? Is this separate to the shot that was fired yesterday? The poison: this seems likely to be a wolf power?

Thoughts folks?

I dont think there is an sk role, its not in the win conditions, jester I guess is kinda like the sk in this game.

Angus WW wrote: »
    So not a great start to life in the town.
    Losing the Satan role seems like it could be a major sting in the tail.
    Hard to tell in a game full of roled players but we may also have lost an SK hunter. I wouldnt have thought the cartman character fits well with a Jester role but then the mods have warned that characters don't necessarily fit with an expected alignment.

I presume Steve getting munched was because he screamed wish granter, at least in hindsight. Or possibly it was just Jester hunting.
    Given the field of play I wouldn't be surprised if not a single wolf voted for Steve. But potentially anyone who switched from an earlier Steve vote will be suspect. Which I'll check.

Steve referred to his role as minor this morning, BS or truth I wonder?

I made the point around munch time that I'd nearly clear the three who voted for Steve on the basis that I think wolves are jester hunting so you wouldnt be voting for the same person you'd be munching if that makes sense

Emily, Gertie and Patrick voted for him. The remaining two are on my lean good list for the time being

Desmond WW wrote: »
    Cant do this alone, get wishing people, and I'll see what I can do.

Meh, why not...

I wish that Steve was brought back to life.

Desmond WW wrote: »
    I dont think there is an sk role, its not in the win conditions, jester I guess is kinda like the sk in this game.

But with no sk would that mean up to three wolf kills a day? Even with this many players that’s a lot of firepower

• Advertisement

Thoughts folks?

Gertie was killed by a bullet - not usually the style of an SK??

Advertisement