Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[MERGED] Your Main PC - Pictures, specs and discussion <IMAGE HEAVY>

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,348 ✭✭✭Homelander

What's the point to that ugly 120mm shoved infront of the cpu block KO Kiki? Will it really make any functional difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,698 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Homelander wrote: »
    What's the point to that ugly 120mm shoved infront of the cpu block KO Kiki? Will it really make any functional difference?
    140mm actually.
    Just more airflow to the VRM area. And because I didn't want to put it in a box.
    I don't have a case window so it can be as ugly as I like :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,348 ✭✭✭Homelander

But why? I know you've obviously said more airflow to VRMs which in isolation of course makes sense but unless going for champion overclocks, is there a functional purpose? Just curious really!

I have been informed by my mate that I've mounted the rad upside-down - tubes should be on the bottom.
    :pac:

k53RCvu.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 53,853 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Headshot has upgraded again :)

New additions

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
    GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 ULTRA GAMING
    CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro 100i RGB Platinum SE

And the rest:

Monitor: Dell Alienware 34" Curved UltraWide WQHD G-SYNC
    Mobo: Aorus X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 4x8GB
    Storage: Kingston Technology SSD A1000 960GB M.2
    Storage: Samsung MZ-V7S500BW 970 EVO Plus 500 GB M.2
    Case: Cooler Master MasterCase H500P Mesh
    PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2

LRNoRUR.png?1

6yygllC.jpg?1

• Advertisement

Lovely stuff. You should invest in some nice custom sleeved cables. It's a pity that there aren't more white mobo's on the market.

Forgot to add my PSU in the previous post

I've edit that now

It's a EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2
    Lovely stuff. You should invest in some nice custom sleeved cables. It's a pity that there aren't more white mobo's on the market.

It's funny I've been on the look out for white sleeved ones but they always seem to be coming from the USA :(

I'd love to have cables that have just one connection directly to my GPU without another cable hanging down

Headshot wrote: »

I've edit that now

It's funny I've been on the look out for white sleeved ones but they always seem to be coming from the USA :(

I'd love to have cables that have just one connection directly to my GPU without another cable hanging down

Yea. Corsair do sets that work for their PSU's but are expensive. Use extensions myself and they look great.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Shakmods-Motherboard-Heatshrinkless-Sleeved-Extension/dp/B0716GPDSP/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=shakmods&qid=1571084745&sr=8-4

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I just cut mine off at different offsets so they don't short out and wrapped with black insulation tape. you wouldn't even notice even if you were up close looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

I've edit that now

It's funny I've been on the look out for white sleeved ones but they always seem to be coming from the USA frown.png

Phanteks do braided cable extensions that work with all PSU's in various colors for around €30. These are not real cable replacements like you get from Cablemods but are plugged into your existing cables so will result in more mess behind the motherboard tray.

• Advertisement

I've edit that now

Silverstone make them, very cheap too.
    GPU 6-pin: https://smile.amazon.co.uk/SilverStone-SST-PP07-IDE6W-PCI-Sleeved-Extention/dp/B00B46XJRK/ref=sr_1_16?keywords=silverstone+sleeved&qid=1571143043&s=computers&sr=1-16
    GPU 8-pin: https://smile.amazon.co.uk/SilverStone-SST-PP07-PCIW-PCI-Sleeved-Extention/dp/B00B69JAGY/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=silverstone+sleeved&qid=1571143043&s=computers&sr=1-3
    PSU: https://smile.amazon.co.uk/SilverStone-SST-PP07-MBW-Motherboard-Sleeved-Extention/dp/B00B46XJQ6/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=silverstone+sleeved&qid=1571143043&s=computers&sr=1-1

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Panic Stations

Yea. Corsair do sets that work for their PSU's but are expensive. Use extensions myself and they look great.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Shakmods-Motherboard-Heatshrinkless-Sleeved-Extension/dp/B0716GPDSP/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=shakmods&qid=1571084745&sr=8-4

I can seconded this. Used extensions for my build and works like a charm.

Picked up a new mouse and figured while shopping I'd finish off the PC's interior by giving my Noctua a more tactical look :)

noc3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 27,812 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Venom wrote: »
    Picked up a new mouse and figured while shopping I'd finish off the PC's interior by giving my Noctua a more tactical look :)

noc3.jpg

Why don't you get one of the new black noctua fans?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B017PRH5YE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_CHFPDbHH1D01B

Edit: not available yet but LTT had a video out about them last week.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Why don't you get one of the new black noctua fans?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B017PRH5YE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_CHFPDbHH1D01B

Edit: not available yet but LTT had a video out about them last week.

The plan is to pick up two black Chromax NF-A15's during black Friday:)

Update with nice new braided white cables :)

MoZHhAJ.png

Phanteks Extension cables

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

Update with nice new braided white cables :)

Phanteks Extension cables

Looks like a tidy version of K.O.Kiki's build :)

deceit wrote: »
    Looks like a tidy version of K.O.Kiki's build :)

areyouchallenginge-gif.1240961

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭EoinHef

If i was bringing a PC to some sort of roadshow i might consider braided cables but tbh id rather spend the money somewhere else to squeeze more performance.

Like they look great in pics on here,but thats about it

20 quid won't get you that much more performance. :pac:

• Advertisement

20 quid won't get you that much more performance. :pac:

Could be the difference between a slower and faster SSD. I guess i just dont see the value in them.

They just tie a build together i think. After spending the amount of money that i have on my rig i want it to look good.

EoinHef wrote: »
    Could be the difference between a slower and faster SSD. I guess i just dont see the value in them.

Do you have any RGB on your PC?

Do you have any RGB on your PC?

I do ye.

They just tie a build together i think. After spending the amount of money that i have on my rig i want it to look good.

Fair enough,i guess its a subjective thing.

I do ye.

That adds a few extra FPS over the braided cables then ;)

That adds a few extra FPS over the braided cables then ;)

Do PSU's come with braided cables?

The two RGB things i have in my PC are the motherboard and the AIO block,the AIO was bought as it was the latest version of the one i wanted,with longevity and noise improvements,so the RGB was incidental. The same goes for the motherboard.

I wanted good VRMs for overckocking a 9700K,gigabyte had the top ones and guess what? That also had RGB,so again,incidental;)

But hey,if spending €60/80 on lighty fans and fancy cables makes ye happy,go for it. I just dont see the value is all

Do PSU's come with braided cables?

The two RGB things i have in my PC are the motherboard and the AIO block,the AIO was bought as it was the latest version of the one i wanted,with longevity and noise improvements,so the RGB was incidental. The same goes for the motherboard.

I wanted good VRMs for overckocking a 9700K,gigabyte had the top ones and guess what? That also had RGB,so again,incidental;)

But hey,if spending €60/80 on lighty fans and fancy cables makes ye happy,go for it. I just dont see the value is all

The higher end PSU's come with pretty nice black braded cables these days.

Venom wrote: »
    The higher end PSU's come with pretty nice black braded cables these days.

My point is that RGB is everywhere now,braided cables in 99% of cases are an extra.

When i upgraded i thought id throw together a nice RGB setup but when i was looking at prices i just felt it wasnt worth it. I got some nice PWM fans insted. As it turned out some of the stuff i bought had RGB anyway. If i had to pay extra for it i would have went without.

What i love seeing in this thread is how neat,tidy and clean people can make their builds and i dont feel RGB or braided cables are nessacery for that. But again,thats just my opinion/preference.

• Advertisement

My point is that RGB is everywhere now,braided cables in 99% of cases are an extra.

When i upgraded i thought id throw together a nice RGB setup but when i was looking at prices i just felt it wasnt worth it. I got some nice PWM fans insted. As it turned out some of the stuff i bought had RGB anyway. If i had to pay extra for it i would have went without.

What i love seeing in this thread is how neat,tidy and clean people can make their builds and i dont feel RGB or braided cables are nessacery for that. But again,thats just my opinion/preference.

In fairness, most modular PSU's come with braided cables these days, even the budget ones but I agree that there should be the option for the more popular colors of braided cables to be included in the box instead of having to buy as extra's.

PC cases have reached a design point these days with things like PSU shrouds, that make keeping everything neat and tidy super easy to do, unlike the old day where the interior of a case was totally open and cable routing to keep everything neat and tidy, took a great deal of skill and planning. I do feel rounded braided cables play a big factor in keeping things tidy and remember well how ugly looking the old flat cables with yellow wires used to look.

Advertisement