Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tusk's Walrus - Le Reveal

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,653 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

tusk wrote: »
    Sorry EN :(

I mean, if you don't like Matt Berninger's voice then... ummm... I guess... ummm...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Nick Cave mention...

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

And in Second Place at the top we have The Wild Boys -
    Green&Red
    with 26 points for Neele Ternes - Dad

Notes:

Listen1: first few seconds had me tearing up. I don't especially like that style of singing, the way they say certain words really lazily or something, it usually annoys me but this song is nice. her voice is nice. the music is quite beautiful. lyrics are nice, overall a lovely piece of tunage. this is the type of song i'll find myself listening to for days on end and ruining for myself. which is the mark of something special for me

Listen2: Ooooh there's a bit of twinge of emotion off the bat on this one. I like it. There's a serious energy to her singing. The music captures the emotion well too. I like it. The O-O-O-O bit i'm not hugely a fan of, but she has a bit of a belt afterwards which balances that out and then straight into the next verse beautifully.

What I actually wrote in my submission...

"There's many songs in the world that deal with relationships imploding dramatically but this perfectly captures a much more realistic end, that quiet helplessness as two people just drift apart. Imperceptible at first, until one day one realises. The conversation stops flowing, the little gestures dry up and somewhere a line is crossed. Then, perhaps too late, the second person realises. That's the space this song occupies, and I find it gut wrenchingly sad"

What I actually wrote in my submission...

"There's many songs in the world that deal with relationships imploding dramatically but this perfectly captures a much more realistic end, that quiet helplessness as two people just drift apart. Imperceptible at first, until one day one realises. The conversation stops flowing, the little gestures dry up and somewhere a line is crossed. Then, perhaps too late, the second person realises. That's the space this song occupies, and I find it gut wrenchingly sad"

Jesus christ. I couldn't even finish reading this because that is like the most emotional thing in the world for me. I'm gonna have to go back and listen again to get that from the song :(

• Advertisement

Jesus christ. I couldn't even finish reading this because that is like the most emotional thing in the world for me. I'm gonna have to go back and listen again to get that from the song :(

I'll get you in the end ;)

No joke, I just tried to read it again and started choking up :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Sad song from Neele Ternes, she has that dare I say it ...Ronan Keating gurr in her vocal armour which I really don't like. But a lovely song.

I don't wanna play this game any more :(

crying-aby-with-hands-on-head.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Pretzill wrote: »
    Sad song from Neele Ternes, she has that dare I say it ...Ronan Keating gurr in her vocal armour which I really don't like. But a lovely song.

Wash ur mouth out

• Advertisement

Green&Red wrote: »
    Wash ur mouth out

:o

That poor man had to fake his own death to get the family to come round for dinner!

I love the song, green but my god I want to chuck all that family out of my helicopter.

That poor man had to fake his own death to get the family to come round for dinner!

I love the song, green but my god I want to chuck all that family out of my helicopter.

and buffer them between your boat :D

Ok here we are...

The final 2...

Super8 & Tab feat. Anton Sonin - Black Is The New Yellow (Protoculture Remix) submitted by Bad Brew Crew -
    Rikand

AND

Ants - Ham Sandwich Submitted by The Replicants -
    MrKingsley

Or squish them up against the river bank while you look on laughing maniacally?

See you next week...

Pretzill wrote: »
    and buffer them between your boat :D

Ooooh don’t tempt me.

Tusk, this round is seriously playing with everyone’s emotions. Well done you.

It has to be Mr Kinsley - he (she?) has a knack for Walrus.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

:pac:

See you next week...

Theres zero doubt Mr K has that one wrapped up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Gonna be floods if anyone submitted the opening from UP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

See you next week...

Don’t tease! This reveal has been emotional enough already!

I missed Necro’s song.

First Place

Listen1: first song i've encountered here with a bit of an upbeat tempo. love the intro of the high hat, almost like it's clapping for itself. it's got a beat that get's my heart racing. mmmm. loving the intro of the music. i can see myself whacked out of it with a few strobe lights in the background just swaying to this out of my bickie. very tasty. will definitely look for more by this artist/s

Listen2: The drum finers are out immediately here. head banging. eyes closed. feel that phase in and out. Anticipating something to come. there it is. ooh yeah, this is sweet, that phase in the background is doin strange things to me. beauty of a beat, and not stalling on one phrase or combination of beats/tracks for too long at any time, there's constant evolution on this and you're not left sitting there bored due to that. Around every corner theres something nice to keep me interested. love it. need some disco lighting to get me in the mood. Awwww **** got that high pitched melody coming in with a rising snare. yrup gimme more of this, all day long. my hands are feeling like they want to start stabbing the sky pew pew pew. Beauty. and then we move on, what's next? Something, becuase this song doesn't know how to stand still and i love it. 5 minutes in and the song is still full of surprises. It keeps changing and introducing new concepts, but doesn't lose itself, you know you're listening to the same song. Man I love this. six minutes in and we've got a kick drum ramp with what becomes a classic club tune sound and it's glorious. Out of the blue we get some female vocals. wtflip. only adds to the song. I'll probably ruin this song for myself by listening to it constantly after walrus.

Last Place

Listen1: yeah, not bad, i like the duet style. punchy tune, but it's just not doing it for me. couldn't see myself going back to it after this. your one's voice at the bridge bit is a bit underpowered, i'd say if there was a bit more oomph it would have gotten me a bit more. She's very understated the more i listen, almost like a good kareoke singer :/

Listen2: hmmm. it's not bad. the clap is a bit offputting. WHOAH. Some serious key issues there at an early point. Ah key issues ffs. Come on. Need to get rid of your man there big time, he's ruining for your one. Would like to hear some harmonies instead of him just signing what she's singing an octave lower, it ads barely anything to the song and he can't hit the low note, keeps going off key. Jaysus. Coming to her solo bit, it's a bit meh. She's trying to do a bit of a belt, but it's not coming out. Pretty dissapointing there. she needs a bit more power in the voice there. Hurting my feelings because if it wasn't for the vocalists I think this could be like twice as good.

Congrats to Rikand with his 27 points

And comisserations to MrK for 1 point :(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I missed Necro’s song.

Nope, nope you didn't and we don't want to remind you of it :pac:
    Don't Cry was mine

Necro wrote: »
    Nope, nope you didn't and we don't want to remind you of it :pac:
    Don't Cry was mine

Rofl

I didn’t even click the spoiler. :D:D:D

Thanks for playing guys, and sorry for the harsh words. Really appreciate everyone submitting their songs and helping to broaden my horizons. I found some artists I didn't really know that I'll definitely be looking out for :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Well done on your first reveal Tusk.

Congrats Rikand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Good man Tusk. Great reveal. That song got me through college.

Was between that and Wicked Game by Chris Isaak

Advertisement