Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tusk's Walrus - Le Reveal

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I mean... South Park sign ups are still open...

Jus' sayin.

:P

tusk wrote: »
    Some Controversy inbound here. And I'm absolutely disgusted to find out who actually submitted this because I like it so much :(

Federation Of Free Traders -
    Skunkers
    gets 9 points for Emotional Titanic Flute

Notes:

Listen1: People are gonna moan about this as a joke, but i fukking love this guy and I don't care :P

Listen2: So I listened to this song first for the first listen. And I already knew it. And I like it. I think it's brilliantly put together. You might see someone acting the bollix here, but I think it takes real skill to pick and choose the notes to play correctly and the ones to **** up. I love it. However, after listening to everything else twice, I need to put this in the right place based on those.

Just got round to listening to this now. I was totes emosh, skunk.

And I love the bolded line from tusk above. No truer words were ever written :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭phatkev

You're hooked. Get yourself to a Werewolf sign-up thread pronto!

Ah there's multiple live versions of Black which are 'best ever' material. Love Unplugged and the rawness of Eddie's vocal, also love this...

Btw I've seen PJ live 20+ times and play in a PJ tribute, I'm a bit of a freak :pac:

That "we belong together" line in throws in on live versions just adds that extra little bit of heart break to an already heartbreaking song

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Necrina

Necro wrote: »
    Ooof sorry about that Necrina. Welcome to the wacky world of Walrus too

(Better not gloat yet lol, I don't wanna be sleeping in the shed tonight :pac: )

I didn't come in last from my first song! Wherever I go from here, I'm counting this as a win.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Necrina wrote: »
    I didn't come in last from my first song! Wherever I go from here, I'm counting this as a win.

Hi!!

This is either gonna go really well with both of us here now or really bad :D:D

Welcome, Necrina :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

tusk wrote: »
    Klapauzius AKA
    Jurgen The German
    pulling in 7 points for Sufjan Stevens - Chicago

Notes

Listen1: decent enough. nice background music. Wouldn't go out of my way to find it again though

Listen2: Ah it's fine, just not really doing anything for me. I'm getting nothing really from this listen at all. I just want it to end so I can move on :/

Just reading the thread now, thanks for sharing your thoughts. My reason for picking this one is because I first heard it maybe 14 years ago but it was only a snippet on the radio. It was the days before shazam and smartphones. A few years after that I saw an ad for little miss sunshine on network two and this song is on the OST. Asked on boards who it was, got the answer, downloaded the album there and then and listened to the song repeatedly. It's my most listened to song on my ipod and I've loved it since. When he played in Dublin 4 years ago I missed out on tickets so as a wedding present my wife bought me tickets and flights to see him in Manchester. The day we were due to fly over for the gig we went into the coombe for a scan and without going into details we got some devastating news and couldn't go to the gig. For a couple of years I couldn't bring myself to listen to it but it came on shuffle randomly at some point last year and it's been back in circulation since.

Anyway, that's enough maudlin, I'm looking forward to getting your opinions on the 21 minute opus I put through. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭tusk

Just reading the thread now, thanks for sharing your thoughts. My reason for picking this one is because I first heard it maybe 14 years ago but it was only a snippet on the radio. It was the days before shazam and smartphones. A few years after that I saw an ad for little miss sunshine on network two and this song is on the OST. Asked on boards who it was, got the answer, downloaded the album there and then and listened to the song repeatedly. It's my most listened to song on my ipod and I've loved it since. When he played in Dublin 4 years ago I missed out on tickets so as a wedding present my wife bought me tickets and flights to see him in Manchester. The day we were due to fly over for the gig we went into the coombe for a scan and without going into details we got some devastating news and couldn't go to the gig. For a couple of years I couldn't bring myself to listen to it but it came on shuffle randomly at some point last year and it's been back in circulation since.

Anyway, that's enough maudlin, I'm looking forward to getting your opinions on the 21 minute opus I put through. :D

Thanks for sharing Jurgen! That's some story! And thanks for helping to add some more tears to my walrus bucket today :(

I'm gonna go find a hole to climb into and bawl the rest of my tears out.

Haven't cried this much in years :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,646 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Can't believe you still use an ipod jaysus

:D

Great song though, gonna listen to the full playlist over the weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Welcome - I presume you've signed up for the SouthPark WW?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Welcome Necrina, great to see you here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,844 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Welcome, Necrina :)

I'm not the only one who see this as the female version of Necro?

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

:pac: That's cos it's my wife who signed up to Boards ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭adox

Is that you Coleen?

Green&Red wrote: »
    Welcome - I presume you've signed up for the SouthPark WW?

Don't know if I'm quite ready to take on werewolf yet I'm just starting with a few walruses first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Don't know if I'm quite ready to take on werewolf yet I'm just starting with a few walruses first.

Make sure you get deadroom access for the one starting on Sunday and then you be able to follow along.

kitten_k wrote: »
    Make sure you get deadroom access for the one starting on Sunday and then you be able to follow along.

I know a guy who might be able to sort that :D:D

I know a guy who might be able to sort that :D:D

Thank you!

:pac: That's cos it's my wife who signed up to Boards ;)

Ahhhhhh.

This is what happens when I'm not paying attention.

Welcome Necowifie.

She's probably here to spy on you. :D

• Advertisement

Ahhhhhh.

This is what happens when I'm not paying attention.

Welcome Necowifie.

She's probably here to spy on you. :D

Ssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,457 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Ssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhh

Main reason my wife doesnt have a boards.ie account yet.......

...... that I know of.... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,457 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

@Tusk

Couple of great Super8 and tab songs for ya

- Beautiful melody

- Bit more energy, more concentrated build up. Another great melody

I wont link my other favourite Super8 and Tab song though as I want to keep it for a future walrus. But its a belter! Actually, I probably could have submitted for your belter, but I didnt :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

Trigger wrote: »
    Can't believe you still use an ipod jaysus

:D

Great song though, gonna listen to the full playlist over the weekend

My ipod is still going strong after more than 12 years, battery ain't what it used to be but I'll be gutted when it gives up the ghost.

My ipod is still going strong after more than 12 years, battery ain't what it used to be but I'll be gutted when it gives up the ghost.

Still have the original 80GB brick wheel ipod. Works grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,646 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

Tusk round 2 starts tomoro wooo hooo

23 songs left to review twice and 4 left to review once. I'll try get through a few tomorrow. Reveal perhaps on Sunday.

IF you're all good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,665 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

I read that and was excited, then checked which round it was...!

My issue with the changeling is that I had good reason to hate my song initially, it's crap! It's just circumstances around it that have led me to now enjoy it. As you're judging it cold it could come very low... it's certainly worse than The National!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

I'm still not at all sure about my Changeling. It was definitely the hardest category for me. In some ways at least, OTOH, the other categories had such a wealth of options that it was hard to narrow down, so they were difficult in their own way too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭adox

The changeling is the least inspiring of the categories.

The one where you kind of hope you are marked low so you can say " I knew that song was shit all along" :D

• Advertisement

Changeling first listens are done. Should hopefully get through second listens tomorrow and Sunday with reveal soonafter

So reveal tonight is what you're saying.

whoop cant wait for this to start tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,345 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Love Friday night walrus :D

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

We’re definitely getting this tonite right?

Green&Red wrote: »
    We’re definitely getting this tonite right?

Knowing tusk it's probably Sunday....

After Christmas :pac:

You know what's infinitely better than Sunday reveal?

Bank holiday Monday reveal!

You're welcome

• Advertisement

Knowing tusk it's probably Sunday....

After Christmas :pac:

Hey! I ain't no skunk

FG Beers, it would have been unnecessary madness to have this tonight. BH Monday reveal is perfect.

Final Scores for Round 2 are compiled. So let's kick this off!

QuerulousActiveClam-small.gif

Wooo hoo now I can finally complain that my song is not the same without the video

Dam you tusk and you making this all about the music

What is this the voice

Also starting whhhhhhhhhhhhhoooooooooooop

A reminder of Round 2:

2. The Changeling
    Ever have a song you just know you hate. You don't know why, but you do? Then somehow for no apparent reason you start humming it when it comes on. All of a sudden you're actively seeking it out on Spotify or YouTube? Submit a song you initially hated but then grew to like.

My Example:

I hated this song. HATED. Couldn't get my head around the 'noone knoooows, how far it gooooos. It did not compute for me and it hurt me deep.

Then I started to love it. It's a great song.

Okay, here we go.

In at the very middle we have The Wild Boys
    GNR
    with Rod Stewart - Maggie May and 13 points

Notes:

Listen 1: nice plucking intro. medeivel sounding. About to break out some greensleeves its sounds like. WTF, then the song starts and it's completely separate. what even is that intro doing there? DAFUQ. like this song actually. Well the first verse anyway. 'say to you' the climb on this part of the verse is just lovely. i like to sing it. very popular song, which means there are always detractors. intersted to hear the reasons for it being a changeling.

Listen 2: Oh yeah, the intro that doesn't actually have anything to do with the bloody song. WTF. That's gotta be illegal right? The actual intro is decent enough tbf. I love the 'Wake up maggie' bit. Good song.

Well, did she eventually find out????

Next up Klapauzius aka.
    Jurgen
    with Shake It Off by Taylor Swift and a solid 12 points...

Listen 1: Ha! this was a changeling for me too. ****in hated it. But it's actually pretty decent. fairly flat throughout tho. Don't know a lot of taylor swift, but this is a decent one.

Listen 2: Nah, not arsed listening to this again. Solid 6.5

The Syndicate
    Necro
    next with Wiley, Sean Paul, Stefflon Don - Boasty feat. Idris Elba get's himself 14 points

Listen1: Love that bong. nice. don't like the clappy bit. I like this. super beat and the vocals are actually deadly, bit of layered vocals. bbbbbbiddybaba

Listen 2:Oh that bass. I wish i had my skullcrusher headphones to listen to this. That beat is just great. The Boasty bit is the worst part. Everything else is pretty decent. Ok, now i'm getting bored of it. Bye bye

• Advertisement

'Fairly flat' :pac:

Ooh la di da Mr. Rolling Stone reviewer :P

Advertisement