Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tusk's Walrus - Le Reveal

Options

Comments

Emotional Titanic Flute. Who is that by?
    On bus so can't listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

tusk wrote: »
    Some Controversy inbound here. And I'm absolutely disgusted to find out who actually submitted this because I like it so much :(

Federation Of Free Traders -
    Skunkers
    gets 9 points for Emotional Titanic Flute

This is just further proof that ye are the same person :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

More Controversy inbound...

Adrenalin -
    MicksZeenaJaguarsWarrior
    gets 19 points for Imagine Dragons - Demons

Notes

Listen1: good tune. I like it when i hear it. imagine dragons are an interesting band. I like most of their songs, but just like. Believer, I love.

Listen2: I'm a fan of this. Good times.

BTW, the controversy is because me and mick tend to have polar opposite taste in music haha

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

On bus so can't listen.

Lucky you

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Kolido wrote: »
    There is talk backstage they're actually the same person. Certainly hasnt been disproved yet.

Ah you beat me too it!

• Advertisement

I have no mobile reception at all at all so running back n forth trying to get page to load!

No whiffy in da schticks so I’ll listen when I’m home.

16 points, Yey! The voyage is mine and my dads song from when I was young and we all over the south coast of England looking for a boat.

Ps: the boat didn’t last long. We were all on the river and dad was pulling it into the side. My sister fell between the boat and the bank and the rest of us were laughing so much that we forgot to tell dad he was about to crush her. Fun times :D

On bus so can't listen.

New Zealand comedian, Matt Mulholland

More Controversy inbound...

Adrenalin -
    MicksZeenaJaguarsWarrior
    gets 19 points for Imagine Dragons - Demons

Notes

Listen1: good tune. I like it when i hear it. imagine dragons are an interesting band. I like most of their songs, but just like. Believer, I love.

Listen2: I'm a fan of this. Good times.

BTW, the controversy is because me and mick tend to have polar opposite taste in music haha

Good tune

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

I have no mobile reception at all at all so running back n forth trying to get page to load!

16 points, Yey! The voyage is mine and my dads song from when I was young and we all over the south coast of England looking for a boat.

Ps: the boat didn’t last long. We were all on the river and dad was pulling it into the side. My sister fell between the boat and the bank and the rest of us were laughing so much that we forgot to tell dad he was about to crush her. Fun times :D

:D 18 points

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

:eek: I gather he avoided crushing her then.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

And... he crushed her :eek:

Walrus has everything folks :D:D

Ok, The Lost Boys -
    Deleted User
    up next with 8 points from Rodriguez - I Think of You

Notes:

listen1: intro is delicious. I like it. Not too pushed on your man's singing. If there's a cover of this i'd like to hear it. Hmmm. the more i go through it, the less I like it. The music is keeping me involved, but the singing and the vocal style/tempo/effort are hurting my heart. Yeah i just dropped this .5. If the vocals had have been different I could see this being near the top tbh

listen2: Tasty intro. ohh yeah nice bass intro too. STart of the vocals is nice. continuous guitar throughout is good. FECK the vocals are ruining the song, jesus. this seems to be a theme for this walrus. I can't keep listening to this. Your man is ruining. LATERS!

sKeith wrote: »
    :eek: I gather he avoided crushing her then.

Think she acted like a buffer. Like the float things on the sides of a boat.

:pac: dying here :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Think she acted like a buffer. Like the float things on the sides of a boat.

Yeah so

"When we started the Voyage
    there was just you and me
    and now my young sister is crushed in the sea"

No, don't remember those words :D

Blues Bros -
    adoxadoxadoxadoxadox
    with 20 points for Brandi Carlile - That Wasn't Me.

Notes:

Listen1: yep, i'm feelin this one. lovely voice, good bit of passion. it's just missing something with a bit of oomph to get it to the next level for me. Maybe a key change or something. I don't know, but it's heartbreaking that it's not got it, whatever 'it' is

listen2: feeling some feelings listening to this alright. I like the passion in her singing. Nice and subtle music. The chorus in the background is nice and adds to the song well.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Loving the running commentary. It's like a window into the mind of tusk :D

Necro wrote: »
    Loving the running commentary. It's like a window into the mind of tusk :D

a scary place indeed :P

a scary place indeed :P

Not as scary as when Strawbs gets a boat :eek:

:D (Luff ya Strawbs)

Klapauzius AKA
    Jurgen The German
    pulling in 7 points for Sufjan Stevens - Chicago

Notes

Listen1: decent enough. nice background music. Wouldn't go out of my way to find it again though

Listen2: Ah it's fine, just not really doing anything for me. I'm getting nothing really from this listen at all. I just want it to end so I can move on :/

• Advertisement

OOOOOFFFFF. Welcome to Walrus Jurgen :pac:

Trigger wrote: »
    Just dont be emailing me from that call centre ;)

:pac:

This is weird, cos that's exactly the section I'm going into :eek:

Necro wrote: »
    This is weird, cos that's exactly the section I'm going into :eek:

Ha I'll be at the opposite end doing all the work for ya :D..

Anyways back to Walrus.

Next up Delta Force -
    phatkev
    grabbing a healthy 21 points with Pearl Jam - Black

Notes

Listen1: decent enough. i like the end bit, pretty catchy

Listen2: yeah not bad... well put together alright. Nice vocals and the music is nicely rounded. Proper musicians behind that song fo sho. oooh. just heard a bit of piano there that elevates it quite nicely. Solo following the piano's lead. tasty. oooh his 'why's are full of emotion. I love that. woah nelly. Started off grand. Finished up heavy af. bumped 2 scores from start to finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

The longer this goes on makes me think I've either done very well or very bad.

And that puts us just past halfway. Time for some lunch :D

Thanks for following along, our regular programming will return in a bit

Kolido wrote: »
    The longer this goes on makes me think I've either done very well or very bad.

You can blame GnR, and QB for telling me about his technique :pac:

Noooo dont leave us hanging!

Trigger wrote: »
    Noooo dont leave us hanging!

Won't be long just gonna grab some tea and make something to scoff :P

• Advertisement

Klapauzius AKA
    Jurgen The German
    pulling in 7 points for Sufjan Stevens - Chicago

Notes

Listen1: decent enough. nice background music. Wouldn't go out of my way to find it again though

Listen2: Ah it's fine, just not really doing anything for me. I'm getting nothing really from this listen at all. I just want it to end so I can move on :/

This is the best song you've revealed so far IMO, love it

Jesus the nerves would kill, don't want to be in the bottom 6!

Advertisement