Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tusk's Walrus - Le Reveal

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,128 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I'll take that, I thought it would be bottom of the pile this round!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Flames of Finland AKA
    OSH
    with 11 points for New Partner - Palace Music

Listen 1: nice chill intro. I love that drum beat, what is it called? Singer is a bit werid, can see why you wouldn't like it initially. haha it's a bit funny. I'd like to hear more by this artist to see if it's the same kind of craic. It's pretty nice. I like it. They're singing like that on purpose. It's not liek they don't know they're singing like that right? surely. I can see someone just hearing the vocals and being like 'nah feck that not for me'

Listen 2: I like it. I want to immediately hear more from this artist to see if all their songs are in this style. It's off, but it works and I feel like this is a style decision. So chill. Man. 5am, sitting at the remnants of a bonfire while the sun begins to rise and the morning dew is fading. Drunk, swaying. Cans all over the ground. Freezing. That's where this song has transported me to. Also, i'm wearing dungarees in this vision. Music is lovely and the vocals are actually lovely too. Yeah I'm really likeing this. A belt? Some elevation would be nice.

The Storm Brothers -
    Necrina
    with 15 points for Justin Beiber - Love Yourself

Listen 1: HATED Beiber. But jaysus he's actually great. This was a changeling for me too. I play this too in more recent times. It was actually his song Baby that converted me initially. I Despised it and thought it was a terrible song, but I eventually came around to it. I do like this one tho. It's well put together. I like the lyrics, very interesting story he's telling. And the stripped down music is great. Takes a good artist to be able to do that.

Listen2: look. Everyone hates beiber. But there's no denying the fukker can sing. His voice is smooth AF. Proven by this song and the lack of safety net with the music. Of course, there's potentially software to help with that, but that's were we are now. This is a great song. I can see any other great artist coming out with a song like this. Lyrics are a bit teenagery alright, but they are still very well put together. very good song. and catchy too. Would like a bit of belt to elevated it. Oh we've a trumpet solo with some hmmmms..... hmmms aren't really necessary. Straight into the next verse. Would like something to differentiate it here. Nothing. Bit of a choral chorus. Would like to see him come out with some embellishments here. Oh he is a bit, but not the right way, boo. Bad ending.

The Lost Boys -
    Deleted User
    grabs herself 10 points for Ed Sheeran's Castle on the Hill

Listen1: This was a definitely changeling for me. When it first came out I was thinking how the frick is this the title song from the album... It's catchy. And I hate that I don't mind it as much anymore for some reason haha.

Listen2: Yeah, this one's annoying because I didn't like it either when it first came out. I'm not sure I like it even still, but I have to sing along with it, which annoys me. God damn his catchy tunes. The verses just seem off all the time, like there was a song created and he'd no lyrics so he just told a sh1tty story over the top of the music and that became the song lyrics. Bleh. I'M On My WAY!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,381 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Bieber's a great fit for this category, fair play

So's Taylor Swift, I went from hating that to indifference :p

Edit: Sheeran too, although I still hate that song!

• Advertisement

Don't forget to share your stories with the class guys.

Why are this songs changlings for you?

tusk wrote: »
    Don't forget to share your stories with the class guys.

Why are this songs changlings for you?

Boasty? For me it's cos Sean-a-Paul is in it.

I want to smash his head in with a mallet.

But the tune is so bloody catchy despite that.

The Medway Boys -
    Trig
    up next with Milk by Kings of Leon and a tasty 16 points

Listen1
    : yeah I think i hated this too initially. but it grew on me. The vocals are just unreal. Your man's ability to extract every bit of passion out of himself is amazing. Super understated music, the music really doesn't matter with a vocal performance like that, and they balance it brillantly so the music doesn't ruin it. The the bass comes in super heavy for the chorus and belts you. Ohh the bit after the chorus is tasty AF. Love it. Chorus is sweet as well. Love singing it. party. love how he says that. ooh tasty little microsolo there. Fits the song perfectly. When i saw this on the list, i didn't expect to score it so high. but it's a beaut. bit of hmmming. love it.

Listen2: soft intro, but there's feeling in it. I have no idea what the heck your man is saying but it's painful. I can feel the sadness. Amazing. Tiny bit of music to keep it going. It's all right aligned in my headphones tho which is annoying AF. Making me feel off balance and I don't like it. Why do artists do things like this, never understood it. First listens were on a speaker. This time on headphones. So i missed it first listens. Feck, this is so offputting. I can't concentrate on the song properly. SAKE. I do love how he sings this. I don't know what the hell he's doing but it's weird and it's great. Balance is killing me though. I love that bassline into the solo. Solo is good. fits the song. Gives it a nice break from the intensity of the vocals. few Hmmmms . Not bad. back to the single guitar for the outro. Works well. Balance issues ruined it.

It's all right aligned in my headphones tho which is annoying AF. Making me feel off balance and I don't like it

Were you just drunk for the second listen? :pac:

Next up we have The Carebears -
    Barney92
    with 9 points for Jonas Blue ft William Singe - Mama

Listen1: Oh yeah i know this song. I like it. xylophone type intro is tasty (steel drums? they're popular the last few years). yeah not bad, bitta high pitch change thrown in there for the lols. nice layering of sounds in this. Not too bad at all. Bit bored now tho to be honest. maybe you anti-changlinged me here haha. Not a lot of difference throughout the song, which is making me feel like i want it to be over.

Listen2: Steel drum intro? or Xylophone. Not sure, but it's nice. Vocals are nice. love the snare in the bg. You can tell it's so artificial though. I'm sure you wouldn't notice unless you're critiquing the song. Oh no, now that i've noticed that, I notice how artificial everything is :/ Wooops. Okay, need to pretend I don't notice. Yeah i like this. Decent enough. Chorus is decent. Bit of pitch change for accent, nice. Background 'oooohs' don't add anything. Sounds almost like a talented amateur :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Trig that is a great shout. Would be my choice for this category but that is a song I can listen to at any time and enjoy. In fact I might just play it now

Necro wrote: »
    Boasty? For me it's cos Sean-a-Paul is in it.

I want to smash his head in with a mallet.

But the tune is so bloody catchy despite that.

To follow up on my murderous thoughts, why the fcuk is it always Sean-a-Paul and not just Sean Paul when he fcuking says his name.

What sort of a prick does that.

Sean-a-Paul, that's who.

Were you just drunk for the second listen? :pac:

I think Tusk is easily distracted. Ever seen a bugs life?

“Don’t go into the light”
    “I can’t help it. It’s so beautiful”
    “Zzzzzzzzap”

Yeah, that’s Tusk :D

The Untouchables AKA
    Electric Nitwit
    pulling in a tasty 17 points for Everyday I Love You Less and Less - Kaiser Chiefs

Listen1: Nice, I'm liking it. Reminds me of some oldschool stuff I can't put my finger on. Very catchy. chorus is nice. would like a key change/boost in the chorus. Sounds like it's ripe for it. I can get why this could be a changeling for someone. I like the electro-retro baseline. Electro solo is pretty decent too. Screams are bit artificial. Could have had a bit more oomph in there.

Listen2: Retro gamey intro, that's a winner off the bat. Ohh sounds like an old school song... Hmmmm reminds me of another song. I'm sure one of you will be able to tell me. I like how on edge the sound makes me. It's just pushing a feeling of on edge and the heart is beating a bit off because of it. Lyrics seem decent, can't really follow it too much cos the music has me captured hah. I like it. layering of lyrics is a winner for me. Interesting song. I can definitely see people not liking this. Bit of a synthy solo. Fits the song. Give's a much needed break from the intensity. strange little song but i like it

“Zzzzzzzzap”

goes off to watch A Bug's Life

“Zzzzzzzzap”

giphy.gif

I agree on that song being a changeling EN, bloody Kaiser Chiefs have a couple of those.

Something something predict a riot something something.

Stupid, annoying, great, song.

Happy with that, here's my reasoning...

I hated The Kaiser Chiefs when they first appeared. Stupid lyrics, generic music, fake attitude, load of crap. A friend once described them, perfectly I think, as football chants with guitars. Then, one year, I was crazy drunk at Glastonbury and followed friends to see them headline the John Peel stage. Maybe I was older and less pretentious with my music tastes, probably it was just the alcohol. Either way, I loved them, they were awesome. Now when I hear them I (vaguely) remember that and smile. I think it might still be crap, but I kind of love it :)

8 points for Guardians of Logik
    Kolido
    for Oasis - Champagne Supernova

Listen1: This was one of the only oasis songs i ever liked. I actually loved it when i first heard it. Thought it was a hidden gem that nobody knew about. That chorus is a beaut. Choon indeed. Wow. it's 7.30 long. didn't expect that. 'why, why, whyyyy' beauty. solo is tasty as well. it is what it is and fits the song. seeing how long it is now.... seems overlong tbh. 3/4 mins probably would be perfect. oh god another solo. but this one is garbage. ew. christ help me. turn it off! TURN IT OFF!.

Listen2: Always loved this song. Not a huge fan of oasis at all, but I always liked this one more than the rest. So catchy. Love the lyrics. Just noticed the harmonica in the BG. Very nice. I feel like i like this more than the first listen. nice layering of guitar behind the vocals. oh there it is. Very trebbly music over the chorus. That's why i didn't like it as much as I remembered. Way too trebbly and overpowering on top of the vocals. Why, Why, Whyyyyy. Beauty. If that trebly bit went on any longer i was gonna skip. little solo. Not bad, useful break from a very flat song. I feel like the song could end here. Does it need to be longer? I feel like there's nothing left to hear. Trebbly chorus, didn't seem as trebbly second time round. OK SKip

*Sighs*

That's not a changeling for me, that's just class :(

That's 10 down. Flying through this one!

Gonna grab a tea, brb.

• Advertisement

Is less points a good sign or a bad sign?

Is less points a good sign or a bad sign?

Bad in this Walrus. Twas good in GnRs

Mid table was my best hope, given what i know about tusks tastes, but i dont really know Tusk so there is still hope :D

Also its really hard to say Tusks tastes even in your head

Mid table was my best hope, given what i know about tusks tastes, but i dont really know Tusk so there is still hope :D

Not sure even I know my own tastes tbh. Definitely proven by this round anyway haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

8 points for Guardians of Logik
    Kolido
    for Oasis - Champagne Supernova

Listen1: This was one of the only oasis songs i ever liked. I actually loved it when i first heard it. Thought it was a hidden gem that nobody knew about. That chorus is a beaut. Choon indeed. Wow. it's 7.30 long. didn't expect that. 'why, why, whyyyy' beauty. solo is tasty as well. it is what it is and fits the song. seeing how long it is now.... seems overlong tbh. 3/4 mins probably would be perfect. oh god another solo. but this one is garbage. ew. christ help me. turn it off! TURN IT OFF!.

Listen2: Always loved this song. Not a huge fan of oasis at all, but I always liked this one more than the rest. So catchy. Love the lyrics. Just noticed the harmonica in the BG. Very nice. I feel like i like this more than the first listen. nice layering of guitar behind the vocals. oh there it is. Very trebbly music over the chorus. That's why i didn't like it as much as I remembered. Way too trebbly and overpowering on top of the vocals. Why, Why, Whyyyyy. Beauty. If that trebly bit went on any longer i was gonna skip. little solo. Not bad, useful break from a very flat song. I feel like the song could end here. Does it need to be longer? I feel like there's nothing left to hear. Trebbly chorus, didn't seem as trebbly second time round. OK SKip

DJs used this song for toilet breaks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Clarabel

To follow up on my murderous thoughts, why the fcuk is it always Sean-a-Paul and not just Sean Paul when he fcuking says his name.

What sort of a prick does that.

Sean-a-Paul, that's who.

You're a bit on the fence here. What your actual feelings about him

Okay... On we go...

Coming in with 18 points we have Blues Bros -
    adox
    with Everybody Hurts by REM

Listen1: Another way overplayed song ruined. But interesting you didn't like this initially. Wonder why that is and why you came round. It's got such a beautiful note decline just before the chorus that has become very ubiquitous in music now. Good choon.

Listen2: Nah, can't listen to this. I don't even know if listening can help me. Because I've heard it so many times, that it's so ingrained in my head I can't be impartial haha. Oh wait, i remember there's a belty bit. I'll wait for that. Jaysus, the vocals are intense. Even though it sounds so soft. He is pretty much belting the whole song. ah it's a great song though isn't it. Waiting for that bass drop. there it is. lovely. 'Take comfort in your friends'. That hit me right in the feels. How dare you do that to me! The pinger was last round :'( Love the abrupt stop there too. waiting for the 'don't throww your haaaaand' bit. bass drop, tasty. I'm singing along now. Didn't realise this song was so long. Bridgey bit with a bit of an ensemble. layers are nice. I missed the don't throw your hands bit because i was to emotional. SAKE. A note: When i said i wasn't listening to this i gave it a 6.5. then i listened and it got an 8.

I HATE Ed Sheeran!! And yet. I remember
    The A Team really got under my skin when it first appeared. It was during my summer of discontent when everything changed and my life was in turmoil. Then Castle on The Hill appeared and I was like ugh it's that little man again. A few listens though and I was 19 again and getting my heart broke for the first time, 25 again driving home down my own country lanes, 30 again and all is changed and "I miss the way you make me feel" :)

• Advertisement

Next up Pulsion
    fixxxer
    with Parting of the Sensory - Modest Mouse and 7 points

Listen1: Hmmmm. don't like it off the bat. vocals are weird. not a fan of this. Vocals are drowning out the music too. EW. Not a fan at all. Although just got a bit of music there while he stopped singing and it's nice. as it goes on i hate it less. lad is a nutcase. it is winning me round a bit.

Listen2: Hmmm. not really liking this off the bat. Music sounds good, but vocals aren't doing it for me. Not as offputting as the song goes on, because they layered music on top of the vocals. meh. ah I've had enough. buhby

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,330 ✭✭✭fixXxer

“Zzzzzzzzap”

I love the truth in this.

Vectronix
    Pretzill
    comes in with 19 points for Duran Duran - Come Undone

Listen1: Interesting intro, pretty strange. Nice beat. Wow, high pitch just came in, where'd that come from haha. I'm liking it. I can see where someone might be put off by this initially, and then come around to it. I like it off the bat. Pretty tasty.

Listen2: Freaky intro. Tasty little bassline. vocals suit the song, very chill. Oh, some high pitchy bits thrown in there to spice things up. It works well and doesn't detract from the song. Yeah I'm liking this. That bassline is keeping things grounded for me. Think I'll probably add this to a regular playlist. High pitch back in. It really works and helps the song. Without it, it could be fairly flat. Nice. I like how he climbs in pitch at parts, beautiful. 'who do you need' is so perfectly put together it just feels so right. Mad. then high pitch back in. Very good Very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Next up Pulsion
    fixxxer

Listen1: Hmmmm. don't like it off the bat. vocals are weird. not a fan of this. Vocals are drowning out the music too. EW. Not a fan at all. Although just got a bit of music there while he stopped singing and it's nice. as it goes on i hate it less. lad is a nutcase. it is winning me round a bit.

Listen2: Hmmm. not really liking this off the bat. Music sounds good, but vocals aren't doing it for me. Not as offputting as the song goes on, because they layered music on top of the vocals. meh. ah I've had enough. buhby

Fixxxer I bloody love that track.

This round has reminded me of a few albums I have to go back to

And now for our first double up of the game...

Revolution
    sKeith
    and Level16
    Strawbs
    grabbing themselves 6 points for Amy Winehouse - Rehab.

Listen1: Nice and jazzy. I think this was a changeling for me too. It can easily come across annoying, but when you actually pay some attention to it, there's a lot of great musicality to it. She's a great singer too. I've never liked it that much, so it get's a middling score.

Listen2: Very popular song. Was one I didn't like when it first came out, but there's no denying it's a very well produced bit of music. The brass in the background is sweet. Popularity hurts it though for scores I think

MrKingsley wrote: »
    Fixxxer I bloody love that track.

This round has reminded me of a few albums I have to go back to

I admire your taste sir.

*Cough bloody tusk cough*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,421 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

sKeith wrote: »
    DJs used this song for toilet breaks.

I've never heard this in the toilets

My mates were into Oasis, I never liked them back in the day, still dont. Anywho, after hearing this one a few times I starting singing it in my head a lot. One of the few Oasis songs I like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Okay... On we go...

Coming in with 18 points we have Blues Bros -
    adox
    with Everybody Hurts by REM

Listen1: Another way overplayed song ruined. But interesting you didn't like this initially. Wonder why that is and why you came round. It's got such a beautiful note decline just before the chorus that has become very ubiquitous in music now. Good choon.

Oooh I'll take that.

The reason I didn't like it is because I really can't stand REM as a group. I always just had this adverse reaction to them. Everything I heard from them just annoyed me and to be honest, to this day I still can't stand them.

When I heard this first I couldn't stand it either along with all their other songs. Just a whiney annoying song from the band I really don't like.
    It used to drive me nuts, especially the chorus.

Years later I got an electric guitar and started to teach myself how to play. I was looking for easy songs to learn online and this was one of the ones that popped up.

Through playing the song I learned to really like it. For the first time it had a nice calming effect on me rather than the usual irritation.

To this day it remains the only REM song that I like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Next up Pulsion
    fixxxer

This songs a bit batshit crazy. Not sure yet if its my kind of batshit crazy or not yet.

Might give another listen later. when I dont have so much noise going on.

Automation
    Kittykat
    up next with Tones and I - Dance Monkey and procuring a hefty 20 points

Listen1: nice intro. I like the vocals. Sounds familiar, don't know if i know it. oh yeah i do know it. her voice is super soft high pitch. i can see you not liking this alright. I do tho. very catchy. Where's the singer from, is that an accent or is she just putting on a weird singing voice. i like. Very chill. Smoky club choon

Listen2: Dance Monkey. Great name. Wow your ones voice is a bit mad. Catchy tune tho. Chair dancing. Oh she's very interesting. oooh, something about the chorus is seedy and vulgar. Kind of like it wants you to feel a bit dodgy. Works very well. She's so different. Never heard anything like this before. Aside from obviously listening to this previously haha. I like it. Wanna hear more from her. Was it the voice that put you off this song intially? I can get that. I like the break for Ooooohs. Also the group chorus after is lovely. would like her to belt something out on top of that too though. please do it. nah. boo

adox wrote: »
    To this day it remains the only REM song that I like.

Wow, wouldn't be near my top 20 REM songs, I don't think! :p

• Advertisement

I don't want to live in a world where Dance Monkey scores higher than Champagne Supernova or Rehab :(

tenor.gif?itemid=5416331

Next up Federation of Free Traders
    Do I really need to say who this was? Really? After last time? I think it's pretty obvious...
    gets 5 points for Pumpkin Dance: Sppky Scary Skeletons [Remix]

Listen1: Retro games intro not bad. nice beat. catchy tune. but not much in it so far. Hope it gets more interesting. finger drumming, but not enjoying it really. theres a nice bit in the middle there that I like, can see why someone wouldn't like this, cos it's mostly sh1t hahah.

Listen2: Catchy tune. finger drumming, but super bored listening to it tbh. some dubby style here, but it's baaad. electro bits and bobs. Yeah I'd listen to this for the craic probably, but no. Ah wait there's a bit of decent music about a minute and 30 in. and then it goes back to being fairly crap. ok i'm done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,728 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh I should have submitted the Badger, Badger, Mushroom song

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

Only 10 left! How has this gone so much faster than the last one! Woah

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh I should have submitted the Badger, Badger, Mushroom song

Love that song

Next up Federation of Free Traders
    Do I really need to say who this was? Really? After last time? I think it's pretty obvious...
    gets 5 points for Pumpkin Dance: Sppky Scary Skeletons [Remix]

Listen1: Retro games intro not bad. nice beat. catchy tune. but not much in it so far. Hope it gets more interesting. finger drumming, but not enjoying it really. theres a nice bit in the middle there that I like, can see why someone wouldn't like this, cos it's mostly sh1t hahah.

Listen2: Catchy tune. finger drumming, but super bored listening to it tbh. some dubby style here, but it's baaad. electro bits and bobs. Yeah I'd listen to this for the craic probably, but no. Ah wait there's a bit of decent music about a minute and 30 in. and then it goes back to being fairly crap. ok i'm done.

You monster. This is a MASTERPIECE.

Timelords of London AKA
    Deleted User
    grabs himself 21 points for George Michael's Careless Whisper

Listen1: Gimme that sax all over my face! I would (and have) listened to that sax bit for hours. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nf2MOqdQ5HQ Outside of that i don't think i've ever really paid attention to it. George michael. Very chill. yeah i can dig it. bit of guitar in there to. Funky baseline. Oh there's the title. don't think i ever noticed it before haha. He throws in a bit of a belt there, bit soft tho tbf. overlapping vocals, classic 80s. oh yeah halfway through, bit of a belty bridge. I'm a fan, ups the signing tempo. I likey. Probably would have hated it as a young lad

Listen2: Ok, listening to this straight through this time. That sax tho. Jesus. Head swaying straight off the bat. George Micheal comes in with a super suave vocal. Very soft and chill. Then we've a high pitch soft belt. I'm bopping side to side in my chair. Dying for more sax tho. string solo. Fits well, helps to move the song on. I'm swaying. layered strings, yes. A bit of a passionate belt there, good lad George. vocal layers, nicely done. bit more intensity leads up to the saxy bit. Dying for a bit of embelishment on the sax to inject a bit more passion. Then Ould Georgey comes out with a vocal belt, Not bad. i would like more though. Very good song though. This is probably the first time i've listened to the whole song. lovely layers there. long song... Gimme more sa.... oh there it is. Do something with it though, it's the same thing everytime. We need a bit of accent to elevate it. boo.

Ah we'll go for another high scorer for the craic since we'd two 6s

The Replicants
    MrKingsley
    turns things around after round 1 with a bagful of 22 whole points for Kanye West - All of the Lights

Actual song I listened to starts around 1 minute into this video

Listen1: Like the start. Trumpet intro with a bitta rihanna? ah drum beat ruins it. feeeeeck. drums are RIDICULOUS. love the 'woohoo' bit. Sounds good when the crazy drums stop and kanye comes in. He's so ****, but it works like. He has an uncanny ability to make great music and not ruin it by singing in it himself. which is amazing, because he is really woeful. Never heard this. I like it. appreciate the share. Can EASILY see how someone would hate this and then come around. Drums dont seem too bad later on in the song. Crazy bridge in the middle. Little bit of music in the background is nice. That gwen stefani sounding bit near the end is interesting too. Looking forward to my second listen on this. more trumpet on it's own near the end. very nice. God dam, he knows how to make music tho.

Listen2:
    I hate that kanye can make such good music. this intro is epic. i remember hating the drums at this bit last time. I think it's just the levels. They're a bit too loud in comparisson to everything else, so it's wrecking the rest. Kanye in. How is he a performing artist haha. He's so terrible. Amazing. I love the layering. is that rihanna? the drums don't seem to be too bad after the intro. weird. i love that kind of trumpetty bit in the background, beauty. Yeah i really like this song and it's annoying me. ffs. woah, weird ass bridge. piano solo with layered vocals, what is goin on. who's the girl? sounds like a completely different song. there's rihanna back. Trumpet layers to bring us back to the madness. The man knows how to make music. eyes closed, head nodding. lips pursed. Great song tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Automation
    Kittykat
    up next with Tones and I - Dance Monkey and procuring a hefty 20 points

Listen1: nice intro. I like the vocals. Sounds familiar, don't know if i know it. oh yeah i do know it. her voice is super soft high pitch. i can see you not liking this alright. I do tho. very catchy. Where's the singer from, is that an accent or is she just putting on a weird singing voice. i like. Very chill. Smoky club choon

Listen2: Dance Monkey. Great name. Wow your ones voice is a bit mad. Catchy tune tho. Chair dancing. Oh she's very interesting. oooh, something about the chorus is seedy and vulgar. Kind of like it wants you to feel a bit dodgy. Works very well. She's so different. Never heard anything like this before. Aside from obviously listening to this previously haha. I like it. Wanna hear more from her. Was it the voice that put you off this song intially? I can get that. I like the break for Ooooohs. Also the group chorus after is lovely. would like her to belt something out on top of that too though. please do it. nah. boo

Yea it was the voice, turned it off the first few times I heard it but find myself singing along now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭kitten_k

I don't want to live in a world where Dance Monkey scores higher than Champagne Supernova or Rehab :(

tenor.gif?itemid=5416331

:p:p:p

• Advertisement
Advertisement