Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extinction Rebellion Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Micky 32 wrote: »
    Climate change isn't a hoax, the climate is changing just like it has been doing for thousands of years. The earth heats up and cools down in cycles, recently the sun has increased it's energy output so there'e going to be a heating up to some extent..

The debate is how much humans are responsible for it. I can't take scientists too seriously just google the predictions that never became true over the last 40 years.:rolleyes:

Link required for measurement showing the sun has increased heating on Earth due to increased output.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

cnocbui wrote: »
    Link required for measurement showing the sun has increased heating on Earth due to increased output.

Google it lots of info out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

cnocbui wrote: »
    https://www.space.com/2942-sun-activity-increased-century-study-confirms.html

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

It's probably been linked up here before (?) but I'm just reading about the celeb wankrs who have jumped on with ER. Stephen Fry, Olivia Coleman and Benedit SmellHerSnatch are all over this crap, meanwhile all have recently done Ads for BA, Heathrow and cars. And now..

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/10/16/extinction-rebellion-celebrities-admit-hypocrites-backing-protests/

Of course they won't, they'll never shut up. They love themselves and anything that gets people paying attention to them is good.

Like the twat Emma Thompson who flew over 5,000 miles to join a protest in London and as thick as those virtue signalling celebs who swore they would leave America if Trump got elected.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,998 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Play stupid games win stupid prizes.

the only people who have actually won here are the extinction rebellion protesters.
    when people get violent with them, then those who get violent with them automatically lose the argument, not that they really had any, if the quality of arguments from those against them within the uk that i have heard across uk radio are anything to go by.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭begsbyOnaTrain

the only people who have actually won here are the extinction rebellion protesters.
    when people get violent with them, then those who get violent with them automatically lose the argument, not that they really had any, if the quality of arguments from those against them within the uk that i have heard across uk radio are anything to go by.

Wait, wait. The first act of violence (a kick to the head) was done by a ER tosspot so... they got violent with us, therefore they've automatically lost the argument! Wahey!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Micky 32 wrote: »

That is certainly very interesting. I am surprised the author of that article didn't make a connection between his findings and the more than decade-long pause in warming that just ended.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

You need to look at the video again.
    The E.R. protester kicked the guy climbing onto the train in the head. He could have easily walked along the carriage roof and out of reach, but instead swung a boot at the guy's head.
    So the protester looses all credibility on this occasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,576 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Why don’t these protesters target private jets rather than upset joe public. Going about this wrong

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Why don’t these protesters target private jets rather than upset joe public. Going about this wrong
    Their celebrities wouldn’t like that :eek:

• Advertisement

topper75 wrote: »
    Absolutely correct. It is disappointing that ordinary people had to step in to do the job of the police.

nobody has to step in to do the job of the police. those who do choose to do so for their own agenda, an agenda i would suggest is at odds with that of the police.

the extinction rebellion protester was attacked first and was defending himself to be fair.

You say "Attacked", ok it was an attempt to grab his ankles but ok call it what you want.
    he shouldn't have gone as far as to kick someone in the head but the other person started it.

Ah we're in the primary school yard court!

Kicking someone in the head can kill. It's not an appropriate self defense tactic.

And the guy he kicked in the head was black, so maybe the middle class ER-er was just scared for his life eh? He's probably never seen such a sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,927 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

And the guy he kicked in the head was black, so maybe the middle class ER-er was just scared for his life eh? He's probably never seen such a sight.

It's the blacks coming here and living the consumer high carbon life in rich countries what are causing climate change

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

When you have turned the public against you, you have without doubt lost.

It's the blacks coming here and living the consumer high carbon life in rich countries what are causing climate change

Racist much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

XR has admitted it today's actions were a mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Morris Moss

We are all consumers and hypocrites but we need a new system or the Earth is f*cked!

I think you'll find that the Earth will be just fine.

I think you'll find that the Earth will be just fine.

So we keep wrecking all our ecosystems and cutting down every last forest and continuing to pump all kinds of pollution into our rivers and oceans and it'll just be fine? It wont be fine until we kill off humans ourselves, but I would have thought most of us would want our species to go on for a while.

So we keep wrecking all our ecosystems and cutting down every last forest and continuing to pump all kinds of pollution into our rivers and oceans and it'll just be fine? It wont be fine until we kill off humans ourselves, but I would have thought most of us would want our species to go on for a while.

Considering the above , surely you would be in favour of our extinction?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lunamoon

I think the actions of XR today will have lost them any bit of public support they had. While I felt for the guy being kicked by 5 ish people, what the hell did he think he was going to achieve?!

Yes because that's what I said, you seem to think the Earth needs to be saved from climate change, the climate has changed for billions of years without any human involvement, whether humans are here or not is irrelevant to the Earth, hence why the Earth will be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,352 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Shocking display a racist far-left environmentalist, an extremist who stomps/kicks a black man in the face. I abhor such racial intolerance. Just terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

XR has admitted it today's actions were a mistake.
    The public need to fight back against any of these ***** who delay people on the way to work etc. Too much leeway given to them

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭20Cent

XR will be like 1916.
    All the lads here slagging it will be saying they were in the GPO.

Edgware wrote: »
    The public need to fight back against any of these ***** who delay people on the way to work etc. Too much leeway given to them

Youll be glad to hear its over in jreland and they didnt really inconvenience anyone.

Youll be glad to hear its over in jreland and they didnt really inconvenience anyone.

How many protested in Ireland, 500 or so was it? And they didn't go messing with public transport as far as I could see.

When you have turned the public against you, you have without doubt lost.

they haven't turned the public as a whole against them, so they have still won. they have turned a subsection of the public against them who were probably not really that committed to listening anyway.
    either way, their message remains valid. they have achieved their main objective of getting the message out.
    Edgware wrote: »

over a thousand arrests says that no leeway was given to them. there is nothing for the public to fight back against here.
    protests cause disruption and are usually advertized in advance, so there is no excuse not to plan ahead to minimize such disruption. personal responsibility after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

20Cent wrote: »
    XR will be like 1916.
    All the lads here slagging it will be saying they were in the GPO.

It will fade into obscurity. No popular support and it never will have. As thick as Joe public can be sometimes not thick enough to beg governments to tax him more or back a contrived sham of a movement like XR that's begging for more tax and less freedom. XR is nothing more than a feel good cult for bone idle wastrels who either live off their parents money or state handouts. The X factor for a bunch of smellbags. Get a job you bums.

• Advertisement

they haven't turned the public as a whole against them, so they have still won. they have turned a subsection of the public against them who were probably not really that committed to listening anyway.
    either way, their message remains valid. they have achieved their main objective of getting the message out.

They have achieved nothing other than pissing off the travelling commuter, the rest of your comment is waffle tbh.

over a thousand arrests says that no leeway was given to them. there is nothing for the public to fight back against here.
    protests cause disruption and are usually advertized in advance, so there is no excuse not to plan ahead to minimize such disruption. personal responsibility after all.

Climate action protestors traveling mass public transport? Now that's stupid.

Advertisement