Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extinction Rebellion Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

is_that_so wrote: »
    They had one from Carlow Kilkenny. All the others were either Dublin or Cork. Their highest number of seats were in 2002 and 2007 at 6. Prior to that and since 2011 their total has been 0-2 seats.

That was more of a Protestant vote than a green one

Mary White

• Registered Users Posts: 15,436 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    That was more of a Protestant vote than a green one

Mary White

Do tell more???

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 428 ✭✭blueshade

Do tell more???

So did you take your kids to the Crusty Circus on Saturday or did they leave you to it because they wanted to stay home on Social Media instead of slumming it with the narcissist attention seekers in the City Centre?

blueshade wrote: »
    So did you take your kids to the Crusty Circus on Saturday or did they leave you to it because they wanted to stay home on Social Media instead of slumming it with the narcissist attention seekers in the City Centre?

No. Didn’t go sat. I was in two minds over going -See earlier posts if you are really interested. My kids weren’t too bothered going and as well the rugby was on which I totally had forgotten. I was planning on visiting yest but the camp is gone now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

No. Didn’t go sat. I was in two minds over going -See earlier posts if you are really interested. My kids weren’t too bothered going and as well the rugby was on which I totally had forgotten. I was planning on visiting yest but the camp is gone now.

The rugby was on in the morning. You are an absolute spoofer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,970 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Jesus who cares. Plus you were lying the other day about being held up on your commute by ER and couldn't tell us where and when and how.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Jesus who cares. Plus you were lying the other day about being held up on your commute by ER and couldn't tell us where and when and how.

How was I lying? This is a discussion board. I’m under no obligation to give away where I work.

I don’t live in dublin. So it takes significant planning for me to give up my weekend to go into city centre dublin. Not that it’s any of your beeswax!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

How come its Extinction Rebellion and not Extinction Revolution ?

They are beaten before they start but sure when you are only a Tax Generator for the Establishment then sure it would silly to call yourself Revolutionary ! !

• Registered Users Posts: 13,970 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Speaking of Extinction, more fake news being peddled

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/views/analysis/is-the-irish-salmon-doomed-to-a-watery-grave-957109.html

Irish salmon heading towards extinction in Ireland mainly due to climate change and water quality and fishing practices, according to the article

India and China though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭randd1

blinding wrote: »
    How come its Extinction Rebellion and not Extinction Revolution ?

They are beaten before they start but sure when you are only a Tax Generator for the Establishment then sure it would silly to call yourself Revolutionary ! !

I guess they think it sounds like they're rebelling against the tyrannical society that gave them the time, support, resources and freedom to stage the protest in the first place?

As an aside, how many of them survived the recent bad weather?

randd1 wrote: »
    I guess they think it sounds like they're rebelling against the tyrannical society that gave them the time, support, resources and freedom to stage the protest in the first place?

As an aside, how many of them survived the recent bad weather?
    Extinction , I don’t like the rain . Away home .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Speaking of Extinction, more fake news being peddled

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/views/analysis/is-the-irish-salmon-doomed-to-a-watery-grave-957109.html

Irish salmon heading towards extinction in Ireland mainly due to climate change and water quality and fishing practices, according to the article

India and China though.

So you link an article and then demonstrate a complete inability to summerise it correctly, you just take out the pieces that suit your agenda bit like the shady individuals behind Greta.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 428 ✭✭blueshade

So basically, your kids had no interest in it. Probably because it was a Saturday and wouldn't involve getting a day off school. Kids will back pretty much anything that involves getting a 3 day weekend. Now if they were turning up to protest somewhere at 9 am on a Saturday morning I might take them vaguely seriously, but as it is, taking Fridays off is just an excuse for a 3 day weekend. Although in fairness, those videos of some of the protestors in Dublin literally do look as though they've been ''let out for the day'' from some psychiatric unit somewhere.

Kids would nuke the planet to get out from school early .

I hope they don’t read this !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Did you not explain to them that they could be meeting living legends who will be remembered as heroes in the future?

When a rugby match is more important than your support for such an important issue you can really tell why we have a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Calhoun wrote: »
    Did you not explain to them that they could be meeting living legends who will be remembered as heroes in the future?

When a rugby match is more important than your support for such an important issue you can really tell why we have a problem.

.... and to think of the carbon emissions that power stations produced for all the telly’s that had the rugby match on 😛

• Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭randd1

Micky 32 wrote: »
    .... and to think of the carbon emissions that power stations produced for all the telly’s that had the rugby match on ��

Not to mention the production of the telly's themselves. Then there's the cheap snacks, the replica shirts etc. and you're talking serious environmental damage for one match.

Save the Planet but I ain’t giving up my Rugger !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

Well id like to live in a country where car ownership isnt a necessity. Bad planning has made it difficult for now but id like to think we are moving in a direction away from private car ownership. We aren't though.

Why don't you move to North Korea?

• Advertisement

randd1 wrote: »
    Not to mention the production of the telly's themselves. Then there's the cheap snacks, the replica shirts etc. and you're talking serious environmental damage for one match.

With all worry of the climate change emergency you would think Beechwoodspanks would have turned his tv off and visit those kids...

With all worry of the climate change emergency you would think Beechwoodspanks would have turned his tv off and visit those kids...
    They talk a good story but all will go back to living their lives as they always have and will continue doing .
    Governments and the Eu will Tax the $h!t out of us on the back of this carry-on .

Thanks folks. Having a quiet laugh to myself reading all the comments directed at whether or not I personally attended the camp!

just for the record I was planning on taking a quiet contemplative personal time out there on Monday when I had a window of time free but the camp was closed by then. Not that it matters what I personally am up to.

I stand by my prediction that those activists will be seen as far sighted heroes in the fullness of time.

Look. As I said many times. This is WAY bigger than individual actions. It’s WAY bigger than ireland as a whole or even the whole continent of Europe.

It’s global societal change to move to zero carbon.

Co2 and other gases are off the charts and the science says incremental warming is the result for the foreseeable.

I know the scale of this is daunting and frightening. I get it. I wish I could candy coat it but I can’t.

Lol at Beechwoodpark.

Yeah he’s having a laugh at us thinking or hoping that this climate change crap is going to put us all in a box and that his off their rocker cult he follows is going to get noble peace prizes etc. He probably was one of those who thought the world was going to end that time in 2012.

There will be no zero carbon unless there is an exact alternative to substitute it. People who work hard will not be grounded or freedoms taken from them they won’t go back to the dark ages. The world isn’t going to stop. I don’t care what scientist say mainly because of their track record of their stupid predictions that never happened.

Beechwoodspanks look out your window, see all the cars zooming by? Look up in the sky what do you see? Airplanes. I don't see any less cars or airplanes since the "emergency" was declared. If it's such an emergency why aren't planes and cars grounded but just a couple of cents on a litre?

Emergency Tax grab for the Political Establishments around the world .

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1191803/London-news-jubilee-line-canning-town-fight-video-extinction-rebellion-protest

Extinction Rebellion meet the Working Class = Only going to be one winner there !

• Registered Users Posts: 14,953 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Not surprising to see sections of the public having had enough of their sh1t.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

blinding wrote: »
    https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1191803/London-news-jubilee-line-canning-town-fight-video-extinction-rebellion-protest

Extinction Rebellion meet the Working Class = Only going to be one winner there !

Surprised there isn't more of that going on. Right to protest is all well and good , but that sort of stunt is just asking to piss people off.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,539 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Yeah he’s having a laugh at us thinking or hoping that this climate change crap is going to put us all in a box and that his off their rocker cult he follows is going to get noble peace prizes etc. He probably was one of those who thought the world was going to end that time in 2012.

There will be no zero carbon unless there is an exact alternative to substitute it. People who work hard will not be grounded or freedoms taken from them they won’t go back to the dark ages. The world isn’t going to stop. I don’t care what scientist say mainly because of their track record of their stupid predictions that never happened.

Beechwoodspanks look out your window, see all the cars zooming by? Look up in the sky what do you see? Airplanes. I don't see any less cars or airplanes since the "emergency" was declared. If it's such an emergency why aren't planes and cars grounded but just a couple of cents on a litre?

We talked about this at home.
    Diesel would need to double in cost to force us to change driving habits. We live rurally and both use our cars to get to work.

Actually last week we moved to a three vehicle house from a 2 vehicle house. That will enable my 17yo learn to drive and get her license which is essential in rural Ireland.

• Advertisement

McDermotX wrote: »
    Not surprising to see sections of the public having had enough of their sh1t.
    Extinction Rebellion trying to stop the Greenest Way to Travel .

They are just so damn stupid .

They don’t seem that good at stopping the Private Jets of their Celebrity backers .

Advertisement