Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Joe be Gone Til November like Wyclef Jean? Liveline: 17/09/2019 to date

Options

Comments

McDermotX wrote: »
    Nice little overnight maybe for Joe - day off I'd assume.

To be fair, he's due one.

Will he get all de way up and all de way back to Montrose by 13.30 tomorrow?

Presumably an overnight for Mrs Duffy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Will he get all de way up and all de way back to Montrose by 13.30 tomorrow?

Presumably an overnight for Mrs Duffy too.

To be fair, with the new road that journey could take almost as much as 2 whole hours now. He’ll need the rest of the week to recover after that.

Maybe Ray is up there in Belfast, in a supporting role. The suites on top floor all booked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

This pain in the hole

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

“Here adolf, order another few pallets of 100gsm for me... the kids of the titanic”
    “Deya drownded in der jammies”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

This pain in the hole

She just mentioned Japan.

Inevitable anecdote of "just missing the typhoon in Japan" while she took a flight to Spain.
    :rolleyes:

Another RTE lifer in the making. Sickening.

sligojoek wrote: »
    "What's her name just for respect"

That's a new one. He used it at least twice today

When I was on plugging transplants I don’t think he asked my mother’s name...I don’t think I let him as I recall having to steer him off de recent death so as I could say my piece about offering organs and tissues in composure. He kept saying “I’m very cognisant your mother died so recently”. I knew I’d get on that time in 2009 for that very reason.

Uncharted wrote: »
    She just mentioned Japan.

Inevitable anecdote of "just missing the typhoon in Japan" while she took a flight to Spain.
    :rolleyes:

Another RTE lifer in the making. Sickening.

I prefer her to some of the others in that I think she is less egotistical and more sincere than many.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,815 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I prefer her to some of the others in that I think she is less egotistical and more sincere than many.

Who was on??? :confused:

I assume ye're talking about someone filling in for d'Arcy?

Presumably Joe will have a Superior Suite in the Titanic Hotel, only £400 per night. No way he’d settle Steerage Class. Secure valet parking for de motorised feline.

https://www.titanichotelbelfast.com/luxury-rooms-belfast/superior-suites/53-6/

All such expenses tax deductible. Any tax experts among yizzers? Without bothering to research or dat, how do I set myself up as an Artist with de exemption? Should ask a relative who is a professional artist and always in fine clobber so to speak.

• Advertisement

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Who was on??? :confused:

I assume ye're talking about someone filling in for d'Arcy?

Who else would be speaking of foreign parts she just about avoided being in during de bad weather, but Kathryn Thomas. I sort of feel I’m the most like her if all the RTE folk, with my head filled with foreign places I’ve been and would like to be, and colouring de hair. Would like to have her fitness and figure, never mind her job, salary and confidence.

minikin wrote: »
    “Here adolf, order another few pallets of 100gsm for me... the kids of the titanic”
    “Deya drownded in der jammies”

Now this very minute he is probably discussing the next project with Freya as he settles in the suite... de Chislers of de Titanic... after that De Chislers of de Lusitania. I’m ignorant as to numbers of chizzlers onboard doze, but surely enough if you put de ships into one Buke.

Not forgetting De Chiselers of de Victoria, de car ferry dat went down sailing between Stranraer and Larne in de daze when my mother was working for that shipping/rail company whose Dublin office was in a listed building on North Wall, it’s most recent incarnation being Stena Line. I could provide Duffy with a second hand taste of demotion dat was in de office on de dark, dark day, should he write a buke. I remember Mum saying the office went into an instant gloom, then an anger at how it seemed apparent that the crew saved themselves ahead of passengers and let little chiselers drown and dat. Although accounts differ of how it actually evolved.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Now this very minute he is probably discussing the next project with Freya as he settles in the suite... de Chislers of de Titanic... after that De Chislers of de Lusitania. I’m ignorant as to numbers of chizzlers onboard doze, but surely enough if you put de ships into one Buke.

Not forgetting De Chiselers of de Victoria, de car ferry dat went down sailing between Stranraer and Larne in de daze when my mother was working for that shipping/rail company whose Dublin office was in a listed building on North Wall, it’s most recent incarnation being Stena Line. I could provide Duffy with a second hand taste of demotion dat was in de office on de dark, dark day, should he write a buke. I remember Mum saying the office went into an instant gloom, then an anger at how it seemed apparent that the crew saved themselves ahead of passengers and let little chiselers drown and dat. Although accounts differ of how it actually evolved.

....and the chislers of the Leinster mail boat tragedy 1918.

Mena Mitty wrote: »

Just before my mudder’s time, but I could always pretend. The office was then a hotel, and i’m Sure there were tears inside those walls that dropped into de fabric of de building and down into my fabric eventually.

De Princess Victoria...

From The Belfast Telegraph

“It was one of the UK’s worst peacetime sea disasters. The lives of 133 people were lost when the car ferry Princess Victoria sank in a ferocious gale off the Co Down coast on January 31, 1953.

Not one woman or child on board survived, and it is regarded as “a generation’s Titanic” — but very little is known about the tragedy outside Northern Ireland and Scotland.

Now ahead of the 60th anniversary of the disaster calls have been made for more to be done to ensure future generations remember the worst maritime disaster in the waters of the British Isles.

The roll-on roll-off ferry went down with only 44 survivors — all men — out of 177 people who set out that stormy morning on the short crossing from Scotland.”

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/princess-victoria-the-disaster-that-sank-from-memory-29011116.html

The gift that keeps on giving and friend of the show Ivan Calorie is back in the papers again so to speak:

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/former-td-ivor-callely-and-his-wife-sued-over-2-9m-in-outstanding-loans-on-property-investment-38592629.html

I wonder will Mr. Duffy risk contempt of court by having Ivan’s solicitor on again? Or will he plead to the judge to stop by saying “hasn’t he suffered enough?”.

De Princess Victoria...

“It was one of the UK’s worst peacetime sea disasters. The lives of 133 people were lost when the car ferry Princess Victoria sank in a ferocious gale off the Co Down coast on January 31, 1953.

Not one woman or child on board survived, and it is regarded as “a generation’s Titanic” — but very little is known about the tragedy outside Northern Ireland and Scotland.

Now ahead of the 60th anniversary of the disaster calls have been made for more to be done to ensure future generations remember the worst maritime disaster in the waters of the British Isles.

The roll-on roll-off ferry went down with only 44 survivors — all men — out of 177 people who set out that stormy morning on the short crossing from Scotland.”

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/princess-victoria-the-disaster-that-sank-from-memory-29011116.html
    Never heard of this tragedy. My bad.

Just before my mudder’s time, but I could always pretend. The office was then a hotel, and i’m Sure there were tears inside those walls that dropped into de fabric of de building and down into my fabric eventually.
    De Princess Victoria...

God help us if Mr. Duffy thinks De Hollercost was de name of a vessel-ickle boat.

“De Chiselers of de Sunken Ships of Oireland”

By Joe Duffy an Dat

Launching at the Titanic Hotel in Belfast,
    Subsequently sinking down to the 50% Off Bargain Shelves & half the copies being marked Withdrawn on the library catalogue.

The gift that keeps on giving and friend of the show Ivan Calorie is back in the papers again so to speak:

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/former-td-ivor-callely-and-his-wife-sued-over-2-9m-in-outstanding-loans-on-property-investment-38592629.html

I wonder will Mr. Duffy risk contempt of court by having Ivan’s solicitor on again? Or will he plead to the judge to stop by saying “hasn’t he suffered enough?”.

Eye-vorr Calorie is some bollox all the same. Pure rogue.

• Advertisement

You're being VERY kind there with that description.

P Flynn,Ivor Calorie,Liam Lawlor and the infamous CJ.

In the tone of,and to echo the sentiments of the great man o de peeeples himself , Mr Joseph Duffy .......... "What a kip"

In line with a lot of others in that sector of peninsular Dublin & adjacent lands. Dr Sam, Jacko, some Howth Yacht Club folk etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

The Children of The massive RTE Paycuts.
    Volume I.

Correct Butters. I could come up with a few dozen adjectives to describe ivor, and pure rogue wouldn't be among them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

People seriously don't get the Irish sense of humour.

An Aunt of mine when she knew she was dying insisted that everyone wear only yellow to her funeral because she once got mercilessly slagged for wearing all yellow to a wedding because she had a tan and wanted to show it off. She was always called a chicken because of it.

People on the whole respected her wishes and the laughs we had remembering her dressed in that yellow outfit were priceless.

Every one of us will forever remember her in that outfit and not laid out in a coffin.

Funerals should always be a celebration of someone's life. Always.

People need to stop feeling sorry for themselves and remember the deceased the way they want to be remembered.

Joe was all for draggging out sad stories rather than happy ones. Fcuk right off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

People constantly banging on about their grief are only thinking of themselves. Not the person who has passed away.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,775 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

... and de chislers of de coracle overturning of 1279.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

“De Chiselers of de Sunken Ships of Oireland”

By Joe Duffy an Dat

Launching at the Titanic Hotel in Belfast,
    Subsequently sinking down to the 50% Off Bargain Shelves & half the copies being marked Withdrawn on the library catalogue.

he cud get dat intern to do row row de boat again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

The push is on.

72951988_10157183214770189_1272463148967788544_n.jpg?w=620
    OE Duffy has told how he was offered more money to leave RTE - but insisted he believes Liveline provides a public service.

The presenter took home €418,893 in 2018, according to figures released by RTE, and he told how he is aware that he is “well paid”.
    But he said that as a contractor, he could be axed at a moment’s notice and insisted he’d get more money if he wasn’t working for the State broadcaster.

He said of his salary: “It’s not for me to justify. It was negotiated on my behalf. I’ve had better offers from outside I can tell you. I’m well paid, I know that.

'PUBLIC SERVICE'
    “But I do believe in the public service and I really believe in Liveline and what we do. The reason RTE have given me a contract like this is that they want to be able to get rid of me tomorrow if needs be, if they decide I’m not flavour of the month.

“I know if RTE drop me tomorrow, I’m gone; there won’t be any pickets on the gates. I’m not a firefighter, I’m not a nurse, we don’t save lives. I think we enhance lives.”

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement