Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

radio nova

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭its_steve116

Speaking of the Cure, on Greg's show I've been hearing Repetition by Ride a good bit lately, and Ride opened for them in Malahide Castle recently. It's a great song.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

you got it Max!

Its in my jukebox........;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

Guys who do we think is the best presenter on Nova?

Hands down Greg Gaughran.. He's the only reason I still listen to Nova tbh. He's a class DJ. Plays great tunes with just the right balance of talking in between and always interesting facts and little stories. Can anyone in the know tell me why oh why they took Greg of his daytime slot? Surely you use your best DJs in the morning or afternoon no?

Nova was a breath of fresh air when it first came out, great music and all of our favourite classics and rock music, but with the exception of Greg, I think the station has taken the eye of the ball.. Not as relevant anymore.

There was a time when id have to think about what station id tune into in the mornings.. Not anymore.. These days Nova isn't even in my thinking tbh.. Colm and Lucy... Jesus, give me strength... id prefer to listen to paint dry... I'd sooner sit through an episode of the Ray D'Arcy show on the telly and that's saying something!!

Change is good... but for feck sake, don't change everything...

So I still turn the dial to Nova the occasional time when listening during the evening, but most of my radio consumption is day time and their current day time line up just isn't the right choices.

Anyone with me here?

Hands down Greg Gaughran.. He's the only reason I still listen to Nova tbh. He's a class DJ. Plays great tunes with just the right balance of talking in between and always interesting facts and little stories. Can anyone in the know tell me why oh why they took Greg of his daytime slot? Surely you use your best DJs in the morning or afternoon no?

Nova was a breath of fresh air when it first came out, great music and all of our favourite classics and rock music, but with the exception of Greg, I think the station has taken the eye of the ball.. Not as relevant anymore.

There was a time when id have to think about what station id tune into in the mornings.. Not anymore.. These days Nova isn't even in my thinking tbh.. Colm and Lucy... Jesus, give me strength... id prefer to listen to paint dry... I'd sooner sit through an episode of the Ray D'Arcy show on the telly and that's saying something!!

So I still turn the dial to Nova the occasional time when listening during the evening, but most of my radio consumption is day time and their current day time line up just isn't the right choices.

Anyone with me here?
    I don't listen much to the daytime DJs. But I like Greg, Peter, Gavin and Kieran, and Tony when I get the chance to listen to him. I think the night shows are the best personally

Its only when you listen to 8radio ,especially at the weekends that you realise how really bad our so called "rock" station is....better music, presenters and no Benny hill humor. ..

Sooner the better Simon gets the license ..he might give Colon a job....:D

• Advertisement

Anyone with me here?

absolutely. 100%. I completely stopped listening when they cut John Clarkes classic gold Sunday back in March, that was the last Straw

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

One of the promos talking about not being able to talk about Pat Courtney's arse. Not in the slightest bit funny and the lowest form of toilet humour. Yet you can bet somebody in the station rolled about the place laughing at the idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭AlgerShane

Anyone with me here?

Yes, but it's a shame Greg is competing with John Creedon and Fiachna O' Broinan on Radio 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

The Nal wrote: »
    There entire day time playlist seems to consist of Summer of 69, Run To You, Parachute, Don't Stop Believing and the like. Same 20 songs.

Shparty music.

The amount of great new music released every week and they play Broken Wings by Mr Mister. Fúck off lads.
    I had more songs on my nokia 6230, its fcuking embarrassing. Keep that "nova noise" money and buy some music. There are some decent DJs later on who play good stuff and I imagine they must cringe at all the repeats during the day.
    prunudo wrote: »
    I think you're missing the point of a classic rock station (i use that term loosely) if you're expecting to hear new music on Nova.
    They do play new stuff, there is some mediocre springsteen song they keep playing, and about 3 of his other old tracks -and that's it! massive back catalogue and just the same ones. I was able to call it out in work "Kate Bush wurthering heights is due on lads" and sure enough its on soon enough, as though she was a one hit wonder.

They keep playing the extremely bland recent Cranberries song too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Lovenova

I used to listen to Nova but I’ve completely stopped for the following reasons

1. I find their imaging awful -does anyone other than someone in Castleforbes really think it’s funny ? I’ve yet to meet anyone

2. It isn’t a rock station in any definition - how it still holds a rock licence is a mystery to me

3. The breakfast show - does anyone like it - to me it’s pathetic . Nova does believe in it but guys come on ....

4. Each to his / her own but Ruth Scott ? Her knowledge of music seems to come from google and she talks endlessly . There’s an old saying in radio that if you’ve nothing to say , say nothing ! It’s good advice

When it first came on air I listened pretty much all day but today and I kid you not neither I nor anyone I know listens anymore .

What a shame

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Lovenova wrote: »

When it first came on air I listened pretty much all day but today and I kid you not neither I nor anyone I know listens anymore .

What a shame

Like a lot of people here, I listen to certain things only......Friday Night Rock Show and OTR. And since John Clarke went from his normal Sunday morning slot, I listen even lesss.

I used to be a constant listener and have Nova as my alarm but no longer. There is no way I would want to wake up to those fúckwits on the morning show.

My daily listen is now planet rock or bandit or 8radio. But not Nova :(

RIP good music

Lovenova wrote: »
    I used to listen to Nova but I’ve completely stopped for the following reasons

1. I find their imaging awful -does anyone other than someone in Castleforbes really think it’s funny ? I’ve yet to meet anyone

2. It isn’t a rock station in any definition - how it still holds a rock licence is a mystery to me

3. The breakfast show - does anyone like it - to me it’s pathetic . Nova does believe in it but guys come on ....

4. Each to his / her own but Ruth Scott ? Her knowledge of music seems to come from google and she talks endlessly . There’s an old saying in radio that if you’ve nothing to say , say nothing ! It’s good advice

What a shame

Doesnt apply to nova...it did at the start, there were rules about time limits on talking between tracks but thats long changed....he decided that smutty childish "humor" and google waffle was more important than actual music, hence hearing every track they play on other stations...and promoting his show at every ad break was compulsary

Anybody else notice there's no birthday party this year?

AlgerShane wrote: »

Cant afford it...............:D

Why'd you say that now Max? ;;)

Why'd you say that now Max? ;;)

two words.....nova noise........:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

two words.....nova noise........:D

But sure they will just find some fake person to win it, thus not costing themselves anything! (done before)

I don't listen to Nova anymore, is it a big amount?

Kamili wrote: »
    But sure they will just find some fake person to win it, thus not costing themselves anything! (done before)

I don't listen to Nova anymore, is it a big amount?

Think its up to a tenner now.................:D

Think its up to a tenner now.................

Tenner for the friend that "phones" in and the rest in Branners/Hayes pocket ;)

FanadMan wrote: »
    Tenner for the friend that "phones" in and the rest in Branners/Hayes pocket ;)

We all know at this stage Branners has no say in any thing that goes on at nova...."back in yer box Kevsy..theres a good little puppet."....:p
    When i see them together i always think of Laurel and Hardy for some reason.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Do you ever get tired of the constant Nova bashing Max?

You are worse than a woman scorned and I am wondering why you just can't let it go.

Life is short, build a bridge and all that.

Do you ever get tired of the constant Nova bashing Max?..Never

You are worse than a woman scorned and I am wondering why you just can't let it go.....So whats it like to be scorned..eh..?

Life is short, build a bridge and all that. Life isnt really that short...its just what pessimists say...

Did i hear right that theyre inflicting sending those pair to Japan for a "live" show...beggars belief...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Did i hear right that theyre inflicting sending those pair to Japan for a "live" show...beggars belief...:rolleyes:

You said yourself that you don't listen so why does it bother you?

You said yourself that you don't listen so why does it bother you?

If you read back you'll see that i do listen, on and off during the day where i cant get PR or Zenith or 8radio or 6music etc....

Nova has long since satisfied my mucic needs....i dont mind Ruth,Dee...can only stick Miller in short bursts, PC same...and NEVER Colon and Loosestooly....so am i for given now....:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

Greg played The Bloodhound Gang 'The Bad Touch' tonight !!!!

Ironically this song features in their promo "songs that are not Radio Nova music" :rolleyes:

Ironically this song features in their promo "songs that are not Radio Nova music" :rolleyes:

Never heard one of those promos with this particular song in it. Maybe you're think of Cotton Eyed Joe? Or Eminem?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

Never heard one of those promos with this particular song in it. Maybe you're think of Cotton Eyed Joe? Or Eminem?

there are a few of them.

I'm fairly certain Bloodhound Gang is in one of them

They are really turning into a joke version of themselves now. Or they are trying to cater to airheads that don't actually care about music......well, we know that since the morning muppets are still there :(

FanadMan wrote: »
    They are really turning into a joke version of themselves now. Or they are trying to cater to airheads that don't actually care about music......well, we know that since the morning muppets are still there :(

You mean "Clucy"...or in their case "havent a Clue..see"....although that term is reserved for Branners.....:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,261 ✭✭✭Homer

T’would appear the coffers are empty and they are sinking deeper and deeper into a black hole with captains K-k-k-k-evin and The dunce Hayes at the helm!

Oh dear oh dear...

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/judge-orders-radio-nova-to-pay-unfair-dismissal-award-to-rock-dj-sinead-ni-mhordha-956293.html

Advertisement