Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

radio nova

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭prunudo

The Nal wrote: »
    There entire day time playlist seems to consist of Summer of 69, Run To You, Parachute, Don't Stop Believing and the like. Same 20 songs.

Shít party music.

The amount of great new music released every week and they play Broken Wings by Mr Mister. Fúck off lads.

I think you're missing the point of a classic rock station (i use that term loosely) if you're expecting to hear new music on Nova.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

prunudo wrote: »
    I think you're missing the point of a classic rock station (i use that term loosely) if you're expecting to hear new music on Nova.

TBF...they do play some new stuff...but its that new sh1te thats basically Adele with a mickey......awful..:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭its_steve116

Here's a podcast I found randomly not too long ago. It plays the right balance of classic bands and up and coming rock/alternative talent, and strongly supports up and coming Irish acts. It has played The Temeperance Movement, Tax the Heat and Broken Witt Rebels who you never hear on Nova.
    https://www.mixcloud.com/DJBambiInDaHouze/

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Jiveartist

You can see the main stream music beginning to filter in now since Colon got his grubby hands in there, heard a song two weeks ago very poppy that was on Pat's stint and he was basically laughing having to say what song it was, in his disbelief off course. Yeah. Pat holding the place only tune in to listen to the dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Jiveartist wrote: »
    You can see the main stream music beginning to filter in now since Colon got his grubby hands in there, heard a song two weeks ago very poppy that was on Pat's stint and he was basically laughing having to say what song it was, in his disbelief off course. Yeah. Pat holding the place only tune in to listen to the dude.

The rot was there before Colon arrived. Used to get Morty playing AC/DC, Maiden, Motorhead etc in the morning and anything goes on Pats show. But they were doing bad and had to appease the mummies at home and start playing 80s pop and it went downhill from there.

But things went from bad to worse when the current morning muppets arrived. Morty and Mamma Dee and all the baby talk was bad enough but those current fúckwits have destroyed it beyond recognition.

• Advertisement

FanadMan wrote: »
    The rot was there before Colon arrived. Used to get Morty playing AC/DC, Maiden, Motorhead etc in the morning and anything goes on Pats show. But they were doing bad and had to appease the mummies at home and start playing 80s pop and it went downhill from there.

But things went from bad to worse when the current morning muppets arrived. Papa Morty and Mamma Dee and all the baby talk is bad enough but those current fúckwits have destroyed it beyond recognition.

God love them..its all they have in their sad lives.....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

I heard Greg play X-Press 2 Ft. David Byrne "Lazy" last night

I know it features David Byrne from Talking Heads, though is this the start of Nova started to playing recent (15 - 20 years) dance classics??

Dee played New orders classic rock tune, the 12" version of Blue Monday yesterday too.

Dee played New orders classic rock tune, the 12" version of Blue Monday yesterday too.

they have been playing that for years...Anyway it's in a different league to the X-Press 2 song

I heard Greg play X-Press 2 Ft. David Byrne "Lazy" last night

I know it features David Byrne from Talking Heads, though is this the start of Nova started to playing recent (15 - 20 years) dance classics??
    Personally I think it is a great song. Plus it has David Byrne on it so it's one of the better dance songs of the 21st century imo.

• Advertisement

Sure they've being playing Moby since last week when PD played it......I do like Moby tho...:o

As i said (probably a few hundred posts ago now:P) as soon as Adele or Ed Sheeran does a duet with U2 or Jon bovi.....you'll here it on nova....

It'll be Haze trying to suck in the youngsters....like some old perv.....

Lets face it, there's too much cross over between what they play on Nova and Classic hits. Bar the lack of rock I'd go as far as to say that that classic hits have a better and broader playlist.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Dub Ste

Lets face it, there's too much cross over between what they play on Nova and Classic hits. Bar the lack of rock I'd go as far as to say that that classic hits have a better and broader playlist.

They share the same building, and dare I say it, possibly the the same cd collection !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Dub Ste wrote: »
    They share the same building, and dare I say it, possibly the the same cd collection !!!!

at least they don't share the same egotistical DJs and scripted jokes. I got sick of the toilet humour from Colon Sprays and Loosey Stool a long time ago.

Guys who do we think is the best presenter on Nova?

Guys who do we think is the best presenter on Nova?

Peter Devlin
    Greg Goughran

thats it for me....sad but true...:)

Is'nt it so much better when Morty isnt there...been enjoying Ruth this morning..no mention of babies or false laughing....just good music...just sayin...:)

Peter Devlin
    Greg Goughran

thats it for me....sad but true...:)
    Greg can be very interesting, he often tells little known facts about certain bands/songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

[QUOTE=

Did i hear right the other morning Loostool thought Kate Bush was dead......:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

She also didn't know that Prince wrote Nothing Compares to U

She also didn't know that Prince wrote Nothing Compares to U

TBF to Loosestool....a lot of gobsh1tes wouldnt know that.............:D

• Advertisement

TBF to Loosestool....a lot of gobsh1tes wouldnt know that.............:D

Eh yeah but a 'presenter 'on a so called rock station should.

Is'nt it so much better when Morty isnt there...been enjoying Ruth this morning..no mention of babies or false laughing....just good music...just sayin...:)

Ruth's a pretty good DJ. Pity she isn't on more often, but they probably can't afford to have her on every single week, plus she MCs many events.

Ruth's a pretty good DJ. Pity she isn't on more often, but they probably can't afford to have her on every single week, plus she MCs many events.

I actually find her excruciating to listen to, talks too much about inane stuff and laughs just that little too much at her own jokes.

herself and that paddy guy on Weekenders 2fm was very painful to listen to

I actually find her excruciating to listen to, talks too much about inane stuff and laughs just that little too much at her own jokes.

Sounds like Morty....:p

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Can someone tell me what cure song is on the 5pm_6pm playlist? I believe there's a violin in it

Can someone tell me what cure song is on the 5pm_6pm playlist? I believe there's a violin in it

Lullaby?

Lullaby?

Missus says no :(....piano intro then screechy violen

• Advertisement

Advertisement