Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

radio nova

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,265 ✭✭✭Homer

Listenership will be up this week so....

wouldn't be too hard in increase listenership after the last couple of JNLR books
    for the entire morning schedule

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭its_steve116

AlgerShane wrote: »
    So. Liam Quigley filling in for Colm & Lucy and Peter Devlin filling in for Marty all this week. Now here's one week to definitely tune in. Only downside is Ruth Scott in for Dee. :P

Are you sure it's Marty whom Peter is covering for, rather than Pat?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Are you sure it's Marty whom Peter is covering for, rather than Pat?

Both would be the icing......:p

Heard today that some knobhead named his newborn after the station...no, not Sh1te.....Morty will be so upset Dee would'nt let him do the same....:D

So a guy guesses the noise..allegedly its someone putting a record back in its sleeve...and the station goes into meltdown...wtf....:confused:...just give him the money...

ALSO and more seriously..that clown that reads the news says something like.."coming up we report on the abduction of Nora Quoirin in Malaysia".......

• Advertisement

Heard today that some knobhead named his newborn after the station...no, not Sh1te.....Morty will be so upset Dee would'nt let him do the same....:D

Morty jnr will be pretty pi$$ed too.. he'd probably prefer that :D

Homer wrote: »
    Morty jnr will be pretty pi$$ed too.. he'd probably prefer that :D

.The noise gets "guessed" ...with the current lockdown .one would be forgiven for thinking it was a scam, or someone in nova told their mates mate ..maybe someone thats leaving....who knows......;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,125 ✭✭✭prunudo

So. Liam Quigley filling in for Colm & Lucy and Peter Devlin filling in for Marty all this week. Now here's one week to definitely tune in. Only downside is Ruth Scott in for Dee. :P

She talks some amount of sh1te

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭AlgerShane

prunudo wrote: »
    She talks some amount of sh1te

Which is good enough for Hayes!

At least Liam actually has the commitment to starting the damn show at 6 a.m. - woke up after 6.30 today and switched Nova on. As we're all aware, the other two have so much passion and energy they decide to pre-record the first hour!

Not that many people are awake at that hour anyway... :rolleyes: just saying :p

So the noise was won and your man had the right answer. What was with the lockdown and all the bull**** foe 24hrs. Why not just tell the chap he won when he rang in initially.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

So the noise was won and your man had the right answer. What was with the lockdown and all the bull**** foe 24hrs. Why not just tell the chap he won when he rang in initially.

I'd say this was due to the utter cock up and cries of fix after a well known magician predicted the winner, even named them the last time this was done. Low and behold, the same named person won, and the video proof of the noise didn't match the format and way previous noises were recorded and looked suspect.

There was uproar over it

"..a piece of vinyl being put back into its sleeve then into the cover"

A wee bit too specific if you ask me....who says vinyl..?..and was the piece an LP or a single...???..no mention of that...:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Because it's an advertising campaign.

Delaying it by 24 hours meant 24 hours of being able to say "tune in at 4pm to find out if he's right and what the noise is", in the hope that it would bump listener numbers up.

Eh because they don’t have a pot to pi$$ in so poor k-k-k-Kevin was trying to figure out a work around like last time! Wouldn’t be great thinking on his feet. Sure didn’t he hire Colon Hayes

Hayes walked into Branners office and said "oi Branigan , i'm working here now..get the fcuk out of my office ya little sh1t or i'll fart in your mouth"......oh how Loosley laughed.:P

So, according to Peter , Gavin Glass is taking a few weeks off from presenting the largely underrated Locals Only , and mentioned Kieran McGuinness will be starting the Guestlist a bit earlier at 6 p.m. - will be interesting to hear the temporary change!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

why is that show called The Guestlist?...there are no guests on the show???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

why is that show called The Guestlist?...there are no guests on the show???

Probably to insinuate that KMG could get *guests* on with all his contacts in the industry:pac:

So, according to Peter , Gavin Glass is taking a few weeks off from presenting the largely underrated Locals Only , and mentioned Kieran McGuinness will be starting the Guestlist a bit earlier at 6 p.m. - will be interesting to hear the temporary change!

I guess so. Maybe Lisa Gernon's show will be brought forward as well?

Would be nice of Kieran to play some Irish bands on the show to make up for LO being off for a few weeks.

Locals Only being axed I reckon!!

• Advertisement

I don't think LO is being axed. I mean, Gavin did recently move home and is getting his studio renovated (apparently). And didn't Hayes even give him the extra hour to begin with?

Either way, nice to have Kieran on a little bit earlier. I'd like to think it's only a temporary thing, though.

Guess everybody's finished venting on this board. Was fun whilst it lasted!

Nova noise is back on Monday so be prepared for Mary from Phibsboro or John from Lucan and tgeir mates calling up repeatedly with the same wrong answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Not x good sign

Ý

Not a chance...:D

Did anyone hear the pathetic coverage from EP.....It was cringy....colon and loosestool were fighting for air space....and she won.....she just kept talking constantly,even over the guests, and the blatant plugging for her tv show was annoying....colon was wayyy out of his dept with no script and sounded like her bitch......
    BTW...I was only listening out of spite....:p

I must say Jack Hyland is doing a good job on weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,624 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Nova 9 years on air today

why are Nova continuing to play that really terrible arcade fire song "everything now", since it was released 2 years ago ????

why are Nova continuing to play that really terrible arcade fire song "everything now", since it was released 2 years ago ????

Would you rather they played Ariana Grande? Personally I think it's a lovely song and that AF are quite a good band.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

Would you rather they played Ariana Grande? Personally I think it's a lovely song and that AF are quite a good band.

Yeah, I like it too.

Advertisement