Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

radio nova

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

Would you rather they played Ariana Grande? Personally I think it's a lovely song and that AF are quite a good band.

...are Nova supposed to play Ariana Grande?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

prunudo wrote: »
    Nova noise is back on Monday so be prepared for Mary from Phibsboro or John from Lucan and tgeir mates calling up repeatedly with the same wrong answer.

I bet it's a stapler:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,261 ✭✭✭Homer

I bet it's a stapler:rolleyes:

I hope it’s a stapler... being used to staple that dunce Colon Hayes gob shut!

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭jamule

turned it on by mistake, left it on for 10mins, nothing but ads and ads about ads and ads about ads that sponsered ads, and a few other ads about the dopes and another ad about great music thet play and another ad about a song they are going to play. can't believe the 2 dopes are still going and the station is still surviving.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

jamule wrote: »
    turned it on by mistake, left it on for 10mins, nothing but ads and ads about ads and ads about ads that sponsered ads, and a few other ads about the dopes and another ad about great music thet play and another ad about a song they are going to play. can't believe the 2 dopes are still going and the station is still surviving.
    They have a terrible ad in odeon cinemas too...the two egits that is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,261 ✭✭✭Homer

jamule wrote: »
    can't believe the 2 dopes are still going and the station is still surviving.

Patience child! Only a matter of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

They have a terrible ad in odeon cinemas too...the two egits that is

Morty and Courtenay..?
    Haze and Kennedy...?
    haze and Morty...?

You have to be more specific......:D

Did i hear right the other morning Loostool thought Kate Bush was dead......:rolleyes:

Morty and Courtenay..?
    Haze and Kennedy...?
    haze and Morty...?

You have to be more specific......:D

Did i hear right the other morning Loostool thought Kate Bush was dead......:rolleyes:
    It's a full size pic of Lucy and yer man dressed up and they talk over it ..lucy saying how hot she is and the joke is colm is equally flattering about himself and then she's like you're not hot and then the banter...:)

Like it could ruin a half decent movie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭its_steve116

Radio Nova schedule updated with Jack Hyland's biography for the weekend afternoon show.

It's a full size pic of Lucy and yer man dressed up and they talk over it ..lucy saying how hot she is and the joke is colm is equally flattering about himself and then she's like you're not hot and then the banter...:)

Like it could ruin a half decent movie

Crap...was goin to see Downton ...don't think I'll bother now...l:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Haven't mentioned this for a while, but if you listen to the Classic Rock stream late morning/early afternoon during the week, there is a good chance that you'll hear Colon & Loopy recording their early morning show. Two weeks ago (Monday, 11-12ish) Loopy asking Colon if he watched "Livin' with Loopy" last night. He said he did and it was a great show, so interesting etc. Err, show wasn't broadcast for another 10 hours!

Will have to dig out some of the recordings I've done from that stream. Loopy might seem like a really nice polite, chirpy person but she has a tongue that would make a sailor blush :D

Question:
    How do we merge this thread with the (locked) thread below? I've been hoping an admin could do it for a while but no one ever thought of it.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin//showthread.php?t=2055998329

Question:
    How do we merge this thread with the (locked) thread below? I've been hoping an admin could do it for a while but no one ever thought of it.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin//showthread.php?t=2055998329

But why...?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Last Sunday, I was trying out Nova's digital stations. I had started with Classic Rock when Pat James had his Off the Record show. I got a bit bored when he was interviewing someone so I started switching around the other digital stations. I came to Radio Nova 60s shortly before midnight.

A song from the '60s (as you would expect!) was finishing. The next song came on, one that I knew quite well. It was Burn by Deep Purple. I knew it was from the 1970s, but I checked the year anyway: 1974! Not even close! I remember getting Pat James to play a Deep Purple song featuring David Coverdale a few years ago. It could have been that very song he chose, or, otherwise, Stormbringer!

I sent a post on Facebook about this error in their playlist and I also messaged them on the same platform last Monday. Last Tuesday, I e-mailed their complaints department (yes, they have one!). So far, I have not received a reply, not even an acknowledgement. What bothers me most is the prospect of someone putting together a playlist for a specific period or time, or niche, and not checking it before they put it out. I also am bothered by the possibility that someone has not got a clue what they are putting together. As I pointed out to them, Pat James would definitely not make that kind of mistake!

Complaints dept. ..:rolleyes:.... I'm guessin Declan that your complaints got lost in the Ferrero Rocher pyramid of complaints...:P

TBH not surprised at the lack of knowledge when it comes to nova....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

I sent a post on Facebook about this error in their playlist and I also messaged them on the same platform last Monday. Last Tuesday, I e-mailed their complaints department

Just because they played a 70s song on their 60s stream??

I had the classic rock stream on before 9 tonight - to be ready for OTR and the last-ish song they played was Fight For Your Right by The Beastie Boys. Now that def isn't Classic Rock. Maybe I should email their complaints dept too :D

No point in posting on their FB page - anything negative and they delete it or as in your case Declan, they just ignore it.

sugarman wrote:
    It is definitely a "rock" song and it was released 33 years ago.

Would never class anything BB did as rock. But would def call it a classic, as was most of what they did. But they are hip-hop/rap and not rock and without a doubt not suited to a "classic rock" stream.

Just because they played a 70s song on their 60s stream??

Bit like Kleyn being picked instead of Toner..........they fcuked up.....:P

sugarman wrote: »
    Going off on a tangent here, but I don't know about that, the classic rock genre is always expanding as the years pass.

It is definitely a "rock" song and it was released 33 years ago.

We've been calling the likes of Deep Purple, Sabbath, Zeppelin, Hendrix etc.. "classic" rock for the last 20 years odd at this stage. Most of their hits back then were barely 20 years old.
    I'm in a classic rock band and we play beastie boys

• Advertisement

I'm in a classic rock band and we play beastie boys

Thats fcuked up....................:D

Are we ok as a group with the BB being rock....because theyre white....just sayin....:o.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

FanadMan wrote: »
    Would never class anything BB did as rock.

Sabotage was pure rock gold.

Sabotage was pure rock gold.

As was No Sleep till Brooklyn.

We cover fight for your right to party

As was No Sleep till Brooklyn.

Isn't that the video where the bar owner wont let them in with their turntables so they disguise themselves as a rock band?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,462 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

There entire day time playlist seems to consist of Summer of 69, Run To You, Parachute, Don't Stop Believing and the like. Same 20 songs.

Shít party music.

The amount of great new music released every week and they play Broken Wings by Mr Mister. Fúck off lads.

The Nal wrote: »
    There entire day time playlist seems to consist of Summer of 69, Run To You, Parachute, Don't Stop Believing and the like. Same 20 songs.

Shít party music.

The amount of great new music released every week and they play Broken Wings by Mr Mister. Fúck off lads.

do we expect new music on nova?

do we expect new music on nova?

Maybe early evening after the drive time yeah. They don't do a lot to promote new rock music.

There should be a slot each day for new music. Or drop a couple in. Otherwise its the equivalent of a restaurant that never changes menu. Boring.

The Rolys Bistro of radio.

The Nal wrote: »
    Maybe early evening after the drive time yeah. They don't do a lot to promote new rock music.

i don't know what they are at all anymore

• Advertisement

i don't know what they are at all anymore

TBH I rarely listen. Mainly as a result of the stale shíte they play.

No reason to listen to Nova when there Spotify Discover Weekly and Release Radar. Also apps like Simple Radio where you can listen to whatever station you want. NTS, KUSF, WWOZ, XRAY, KEXP and so on.

Advertisement